Friday, November 10, 2017

No Mail For Us - Open A Parcel?



And here you see why we never order any parcels to our home-address.
The postie puts the parcels under the set of mailboxes if you´re not at home or happen to live second floor plus, a neighbour from 5th floor told me.
Then someone opens the door and clicks it in to be left wide open to drag the bike in.
Is then too lazy to step down again to close the door.

Result: Door wide open, parcel free to everyone who sees it.

Happens oh so often.

Or, what I´ve seen more than once now, too, the postie has all parcels on a crate, leaves the crate in front of the main door and brings in one parcel. Is nowhere to be seen but you hear him chatting to the recipient.
The parcels are free to be taken away and a few times I really thought of doing so and bring them back when he panics.

I mean seriously, at least drag the cart inside and up the few steps and close the door!

How is it handled in your place?
Here you can arrange a place, but obviously either no one does or the postie doesn´t care - I won´t find out which it is...

No more parcels for us, hence!
Not a problem thanks Packstation.

I still have a parcel in the cellar, btw.
On a rare occasion the bell was turned on, hence the postie got me.
I took a parcel for someone else.
I signed I did and put that official note into the fella´s mailbox and let the bell switched on.

About two weeks later I wrote him another note.
That was over a year (or two) ago, the dude doesn´t live here anymore.

I wonder, should I have a look what´s inside?
What would you do?

5 comments:

Sami said...

Gosh, a neighbour who didn't pick up his parcel over a year ago and has moved. Couldn't have been anything too important or expensive, or he would remember.
I would look and see what it is.

The postman seems a bit slack, leaving the crate out for anyone to grab a parcel...

Iris Flavia said...

I kinda hoped to get that answer, Sami! LOL.
Guess I´ll go and see what it is.

Yes, he leaves the truck open, too...

Revrunner said...

Delivery people usually leave packages on front porches. Theft, though, is a recurrent problem.

Iris Flavia said...

We don´t have front porches here in cities (only in rich areas).

peppylady (Dora) said...

I believe something like that the addresse of the place would have to sign be fore it was left.
I bet someone could use a fridge...Coffee is on