Sunday, November 12, 2017
Season Opened
Ingo bought some quality pork belly yesterday cause they had frost in Oldenburg.
You find that highly illogical?
Let me explain.
(German) Kale needs frost, Oldenburg already had some and a radio station decided to do a whole day on kale (I´m not kidding you).
Peeps called to tell their best receipes and stories and the presenters said they drool away already.
So, whilst the kale was bubbling in it´s last 30 minutes I peeled potatoes and Ingo cut them...
Into cold, salty water they went...
And whilst in Oldenburg they call it the palm of the North we enjoyed...
... the orchid of the Oker :-)
And whilst in Oldenburg they have a Korn afterwards, we for a very, very rare change enjoyed a "Liqueur made of 56 herbs", and we had the Braunschweig-edition, too, thank you Wolfenbüttel!
Hmmm, sooo yum!
Grünkohlessen the Northern way.
One of the little good things in the dark half of the year!
Do you like kale, do you eat it our way or do you have a different, maybe even yummier approach?
We have a third visitor in the café btw :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






11 comments:
Jagermeister, Prost!
How do you make your kale Iris?
I use kale in soup, or eat it boiled (rarely) as a vegetable, dressed with olive oil and vinegar on top.
Prost, Sami!
Uhhh, vinegar I love on chips but with kale?
Ingo will let you know how you make it over here - have you never tried at the Christmas Market in Braunschweig (not as yummy as Ingo´s, certainly)?
I wouldn't mind the kale recipe also 😀 Hi Iris, so what has been going on while I was away. Have I understood correctly, have you lost your job? It looks like it's got a lot colder over there too. I'm going to email you tomorrow, I need some advice from you xx
Kale, traditionally made: First use at least one time frosted kale (low temperatures transforms the internal cornflour into sugar (process starts below zero °C)). Then wash and rip it off the stalks. Next boil (blanch) in lightly salted water for a few (2) minutes. (Kale will shrink an become a soft texture; A children´s bathtub of rare kale fits a family).
We use tinned kale, so we don´t have this work. squeeze the water out and start cooking in glassy onion cubes. Stir and fill up with beef stock till the bottom of your pot is lightly covered. Let it cook for at leased 2 hours then ad belly-pork, smoked pork or “Bregenwurst”. This is very intelligent sausage, because some people suddenly have more intelligence on there plate, than in their brain ;-)
Yes, Grace, I lost my job :-(
You need my advice??? I´ll try my best xx
I love using kale as a stand alone vegetable or in a Frittata, or with a casserole dish.
Delicious and nutritious.
All the best Jan
Kale is really popular here primarily as a health food. We even have kale chips.
Jan, do you have a receipe for kale-Frittata?
Revrunner, chips, really??? Uhh, yum, how? Receipe?
Hello Iris
This recipe uses Kale
http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/pumpkin-kale-and-goats-cheese-frittata.html
Have a look and see what you think
All the best Jan
Hello again Iris
Just remembered this one too
http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/chipotle-and-kale-frittata.html
Check both recipes out and see what you think.
All the best Jan
Jan, thank you - oh, I really have to overcome my fear of burning myself at the oven!!!
I will try!
Post a Comment