Wednesday, November 28, 2018

(Not So) Clever Or When Doctors Make You Sick



Three men, two young working partners and their leader, stand around a barrel with a warming fire.

The leader asks: "There is a fire in the house, you can get out one person only, who will that be?"
After thinking it over the first answers that since he has a family he safes his young son.
And the second then says, he thinks of the place where he grew up, an orphanage. He goes by himself.
The leader: "I see a fire on top of a candle. I stick the candle in my son´s birthday cake, watch him how he blows it out and make a wish, take his hand and lead him into the other room where all his pressies are."

Well, without the last answer.. would you´ve had that wonderful approach?
Me, not, but I hope to keep this in mind!
Cause who knows, one day I might have another job-interview and get such a trick-question.

Not too soon, though.
After the desaster with citralopram, that cost me 8 wonderful summer months the blast trauma followed.
The first ear-specialist wanted to subscribe cortisone.
I told him that once I got eye-drops with this medication and the first layer of my conjunctiva "dissolved".
He subscibed me gingko. 4 weeks went by, nothing.
His colleague (I wanted to the first one, but, alas!), thought it is a difference if you put cortisone as fluid in your eye or swallow tablets.

I got tired, lost heaps of hair, my face swoll to the size of a football - cortisone does not work for me, I knew it.
So, 7 weeks later my ear is still swooshing, I can not hear from which direction a sound comes etc.

I am sick and tired of doctors who do not believe me!

I am so unfit, I gained weight, it´s depressing, really.

Before I was so fit as never in my life before...



Yesterday I went to see them again.
Two more tests - now I not only have a "really small head", no, they had to use kids´ equipment for my ear canal, well, I see it with humor - better this than being Dumbo!. Plus I am "real tough", I was told :-).
Result: I have to go to the clinic, maybe they can help - what a "passage"!

But, crazy: My health insurance called to see how I am doing. After I told they wished me to get well soon and "we call you in January then again".
At least with them I am lucky - my therapist knows different behaviour from other insurances.

Well, I couldn´t resist:



What do you think about the Mars-mission?



Lion of the day: (I have to) FIGHT!

8 comments:

magiceye said...

Best wishes! Take care and get well soon! Appreciate your positive outlook. It will get you through with flying colours! Cheers!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, well, you have to stay positive, right! :-)

William Kendall said...

Quite a headache to have to deal with. I hope things improve.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh Iris you really have had a horrible time with your health lately, you know what you need.. a holiday. Oh yay, you're going to have one 😉 sunny Perth will sort you out ✨

peppylady (Dora) said...

I have to wonder how much space exploring we done. But I find it interesting.
Coffee is on

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, William, I very much hope so, too!

Oh, Grace, I so hope to make it happen without punishment from the insurance!

Dora, hmm. I´m not sure. So much money is put into it...

Joan Elizabeth said...

Having worked on diagnosing problems in computers for years I am in awe of what we ask doctors to do. Bodies are much more complex than computers.

Iris Flavia said...

That is sadly true...