Thursday, January 30, 2020

Let´s Go Back In Time (For Real)



Maybe you´ve "enjoyed" this book already, in case not:
It´s so worth it.

As you maybe know Brian May is also big into photography, always was, stereo photography included.

Certainly I had to have this:



Brian May is also a wonderful writer, the book was a joy.



You have the feeling you´re really there, just use the glasses that come with each book.



With them you see so much more details and it is really three-dimensional.



You´re no Queen-fan, well just enjoy Brian - or his writing - when this astrophysicist takes you into space and to the moon!



He re-tells the incredible story of the Space race, astronauts, cosmonauts, he certainly got to meet Neil Armstrong and other men who braved up to leave good ole Mother Earth.



Actually I´m not really a fan.
Thinking about going to Mars or intesify the research to fight cancer more?

So, this book I actually got for Ingo, yet it is interesting, and, as said, very well written.



The pictures sure make it worthwhile.

Lion of the day:



So, buckle up, put your space-helmet on and go for it! :-)

21 comments:

Tom said...

...I will need to check it out!

Valerie-Jael said...

Klingt sehr gut. Ich habe viele Augen OPs gehabt und kann leider keine 3D Brillen benutzen oder die Bilder anschauen, schade. Dir viel Spaß beim Lesen und einen schönen Tag. GlG, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, yes, it´s fascinating!

____

Ach, Valerie, das ist sehr schade!!!
Trotzdem einen schönen Tag dir, GlG, Iris

Ella said...

I didn't know Brian May could write ... Thank you for your recommendation!
And then the lion ... a real "sky walker"!
I wish you a nice Thursday!
Hugs!🤗

Iris Flavia said...

Ella, yes, entertaining and informative!
The Lion sure is on the way safely ;-) A nice Thursday to you, too, hugs!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, 3-D books with special glasses. I must see if I can find this. It sounds amazing! Cute lion, too (grin).

Iris Flavia said...

It is truly amazing! And very well written, too.
Lion says thank you :-)

My name is Erika. said...

I haven't heard of Brian May but how fun. I like how the glasses come with each book. Thanks for sharing Iris. This is good to know about. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

He is the guitarist of the band Queen, bet you´ve heard a song or two :-)
Hugs, Iris

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It certainly looks interesting from a photography point of view Iris, and yes I agree with you, they should spend more money on fixing problems here on earth before thinking about space!

Mae Travels said...

Those sets of two photos taken through side-by-side lenses to make a 3-D result keep coming back! I have seen collections of them from over 100 years ago -- the St.Louis World's Fair (1904), World War I battlefields, famous places like the Taj Mahal... They used a holder for stereo viewing. Interesting that they are popular again.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Anne (cornucopia) said...

What an interesting book.

Iris Flavia said...

Grace, yes, to both! :-)

____

Mae, I hope it comes back to us for a reasonable price, too. Amazing what they did back then!

____

Anne, big yes.

Jeanie said...

This is really cool. And isn't it a wonderful, exciting feeling when something you have been waiting for arrives? This one was worth waiting for.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes to both, it was so worth the wait!

William Kendall said...

I did remember that he's a scientist. It seems quite a contrast- rock musician and astrophysicist.

Iris Flavia said...

Well, John Deacon studied electronics and Freddie himself was a graphic designer :-)

Natalia said...

Wow,sounds very interesting and unique!

Iris Flavia said...

It is, give it a go :-)

peppylady (Dora) said...

Some time I wonder if we been to moon or not.

Iris Flavia said...

We´ve been, I´m sure. If the earth was flat, cats´d kicked everything off, too ;-)