Thursday, January 09, 2020
Now It´s Over
In the dark half of the year this is always a consoling sight.
Going outside is a bit dangerous in the dark right now, people have fun and go away:
As they also don´t come back the next day to clean up the city has the job - and it is too much.
So careful you don´t step into wet rests of fireworks...
Most is gone by now (pics are from Monday), but there are loads of slimey rests...
And now...
The happy lights are gone, the season is over.
Can´t wait for Spring!
Lion(s) of the day:
At least some Lions take care, they sit high up on the town hall.
Here are the details, it´s not just 2 Lions, no...
I hope they look over that darn job search, I´d really, really like to begin with!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








25 comments:
Hier werden die Tannenbäume auch eingesammelt in dieser Woche. Schöne Löwen hast du gefunden. Hier ist es warm und mild, aber besser als Schnee! Dir einen schönen Tag, GlG, Valerie
Ja, schade, die Bäume nadeln noch lange nicht, die sind doch noch gut! Und die doofe Knut Werbung ist auch wieder da...
Kann man nix machen, in diesem Sinne: Einen schönen Tag dir, GlG, Iris
I put the Christmas tree outside yesterday. I don't like fireworks. I live in a free zone. You are not allowed to light fireworks here.
Today another warm day is predicted, now 11 degrees and almost 9 o'clock. You have found two more beautiful lions!
Have a nice day! Hugs!
Ella, I hate fireworks, too. Different thing when it´s a progammed one by authorities, but these jerks here don´t care about cars that get damaged. I had company cars for years and always had to try and find a "safe" place days before.
Yes, warm here, too, and those are four Lions, no?
I could need four guardians ;-) A nice day to you, hugs!
... of course are four lions!
I didn't wear the glasses! LOL
I also can't wait for Spring, it is not a real Winter in here, cos it is no snow anyway. Have a lovely day☺
Snow we usually get in February (I hope not, though).
A lovely day to you, too :-)
Ella :-) I can´t read anything without glasses (or go anywhere) - cannot happen to me, hence!
Not living in the city, I never thought about where people put their Christmas trees once they are done. We take ours to the transfer station (the dump where the trash goes) and they get shredded. Then the town used the wood chips around town where it needs the chips. Oh we are in the dark time of year. Here it has been so cloudy it seems we never see the sun. Hope Thursday is going well. Hugs-Erika
I guess the city does the same. I think it´s a tad crazy, though, that people are able and willing to bring the tree in, but not to such a station, hence "we all" have to pay for the service, so to say.
Tomorrow will bring some sun, here, at least ;-)
A nice day to you and hugs from here.
...and life continues, bring on spring.
Yes, bring it on!
I always wondered what happens to all those Christmas trees. A bit of a waste I think.
Those Christmas ornaments at the windows are nice, it's something I always associate with Germany.
Lovely double lions :)
I love these lions today. Great shots. And I hate seeing it all come down too. Some of the people on my block are still turning on their outside lights and it feels cheerful in the dark.
Sami, really, are those ornaments typical German? I never knew!
The Lions... hmm, Europaplatz was called different, I guess, when you lived there, but that´s where you find them, high up :-)
____
Jeanie, yes, my neighbour opposite has his big star still outside. He lights it in the evening and in the morning, I just need to look to the left. And at the White Horse shopping centre the deco is still there, too!
Place my name on the "I hate fireworks and the jerks who leave a mess behind" list. When we had pets, they would hide. :( A bit colder here today than yesterday, 7C vs 12C. Like your lions, I guess if you look for them, they seem to be everywhere.
Have a wonderful evening.
There were lots of fireworks shot off in my neighborhood on New Year's eve, but I live in a residential area, so the fireworks were cleaned up on each owner/resident's property. They aren't legal, but the city allows them as long as no neighbor complains.
I was SO happy I finally got all my Christmas stuff put away for another year. I really MUST downsize my decorations, and soon, I fear.
My city has a place you can take your tree (free) and they turn it into mulch that they eventually sell.
Realllllllly creative Lions today, dear.
Bill, I so agree, our dog was always terrified!
Your lion will show up here tomorrow :-)
A nice evening to you, too.
____
Elizabeth, yes, clean up if you do a mess!
Our deco... well, just stays, isn´t that much :-)
Your city is doing the right thing with those trees!
Thank you, dear, the Lions are cute indeed!
Here the Christmas trees end up being used to line sites at Winterlude in February.
I saw a rather formidable lion yesterday while in transit.
Our Christmas trees are being recycled for mulch which people can pick up for free to use in their gardens. Hope you'll find your dream job soon Iris.
Manche Leute schmeißen hier ihre Weihnachtsbäume am Tag nach Weihnachten raus - dafür stand der allerdings auch seit Thanksgiving in ihrem Wohnzimmer. Wir hatten dieses Jahr gar keinen Baum, weil wir über Weihnachten nicht hier waren, und ich habe es nicht besonders vermisst. Werden in Deutschland die Bäume auch kompostiert (ich kann mich nicht mehr erinnern, wie das war)? Zumindest das wird hier getan, ist der Baum also nicht ganz verloren. Sylvestermüll gibt's hier auch, obwohl lange nicht so viel geballert wird wie in Deutschland. Eigentlich erst in den letzten Jahren. Dafür knallt's am 4. Juli, wenn alles bereits supertrocken ist und damit feuer-gefährlich.
So glad the days are getting longer, slowly but longer
William, that is great, I hope for pics then!
And any Lions are welcome here, just send them over!
____
Alexandria, wow, that is service in your town!
Thank you, hopes are low, though....
____
Carola, das finde ich schön mit den Bäumen, seit Thanksgiving! Aber gleich nach Weihnachten raus damit?
Wir haben keinen Baum hier, daher weiß ich es nicht genau, aber ich nehme an, sie werden geschreddert und weiterverarbeitet.
Oh. Ja, 04. Juli. Immerhin dürfen die Amerikaner sich feiern - im Gegensatz zu den Deutschen, altes Thema...
____
Dora, yes :-)
DDD, Dead, Dying, Discarded. Christmas trees. I'm always sad when I see this, so much wastefulness, those trees once living and giving is oxygen. I use a plastic Christmas tree, reusable for years and years, just pack it back in the box each year, no waste and no dying trees. That mess left by the revellers is disgusting.
On that I´d like a XXXX ;-)
We used to have a plastic tree, too.
Once we had a real one I found in the street - in a pot, still living. Sadly one night got so cold, the lille fella froze and died.
Post a Comment