There, I went to Graff and got the new game! Limited edition, too.
A pressie to us, HA! - when I play Santa I play it when I want!
That´s our "family"-tradition - does it count to call two people a family?
We put in Henry. And Peanut?
Certainly Braunschweig is only our new home.
I´m here since 2002 - Ingo moved for good 2007. But I have friends here since 1990 - and fell in love with the city.
Streets, parks, places - buildings, memorials - places of interest, typical.
The last one I look very much forward to!
What is typical for your hometown, is it your first home or did you move, care to tell when and why?
Do you miss your old place (I do not, best decision ever for living - well, as we cannot have Perth of course).
... And, well, I was at the market 07:49 - guess. Queue!!! But at least a shorter one so I wasn´t poisened by the garlic-wave.
Then REWE in the city. I wanted "Schieres", you know, lean ground beef, so lean you can put it raw on your breadroll.
It looked dark and was called "Rinderhack" - the lady tried to convince me it would be "Schieres".
"Just a bit darker today". (It was 08:15 a.m.).
Right in front was a pic of "Schieres" on a breadroll, did she really think she could fool me?
I didn´t take it, went to REWE at the White Horse and... the same. "Rinderhack".
The nice guy, upon my request, looked at it and said cheerily, "I make some for ya!".
Because "Rinderhack" is not "Schieres"!
Guess my new route for Saturdays, right?!
On the way home.
I saw something, the opposite of "coached thinking", it was so sweet and cute! It made me smile all the rest of the way, too!
Pictures this:
4 lanes to cross in one piece.
A tiny, old Granny with her rollator standing at the red lights (my instinct said, "help her"!).
Not a car in sight (still early morno, right?).
Granny took a look to the left, to the right and like a lightning flash crossed the road - wonder what she needed the rollator for! ;-)
See. Us old guys, we THINK.
Ingo drives that route 05:00 a.m. NO traffic, but him. Yet, some dumbheads at the next set of lights hit the button for getting green. So, when Ingo arrives by car, not a soul in sight but he has to stop.
Yay to Granny! And yay to Braunschweig... quiz-time tonight!
Henry 🦁 - the star of the quiz - of course!








25 comments:
My current hometown is very small (1000 people), I love it as it small like the town a grew up in. As to how we got here ... since we got married 46 years go we have lived in 15 different houses. We have slowed down in later years.
15 Places, wow, that´s a lot! How, why, for fun, hopefully?
...only 500?
Tricky ones :-)
yay to Granny I always shop early too-avoiding the traffic and crowds Happy weekend
It Is An Interesting Question - I Believe I Miss My Youth More Than I Miss My Home Town - I Do Miss That Little Town But Its Pretty Lifeless These Days - But Its A Little Town Nestles In The High Mountain Peaks Surround By Beauty And Rushing Head Waters - Yup, Wish I Was A Little Kid Again
Cheers
This reminds me of a localized Trivial Pursuit, a game with cards and a board, just NO Henry.
Good for Granny. A walker kept her stable, I'm sure.
Forgot to mention, I don't have a favorite city. Wherever I live is acceptable to me. I adapt wherever I live.
I moved to my town in 1989. It is really rural, about 2000 people and definitely more wildlife than people. I love the space here. What is typical, hmmmm? I live on a gravel road (like probably half the roads in town) and the town is always out fixing them. Cheaper than paving. The only stores in town is the General Store (buy everything from pizza to fishing worms), a decent restaurant and the really nice little store the restaurant has. Post office, elementary school, library, fire and police stations...but I am only a couple of towns away from a city so it's not like I am really in the middle of nowhere.
Kathy, yes :-) Th early bird,huh!
____
Padre, hmmm. Do I miss my youth?
No. I am happy now (well.. more or less..).
Same here, my hometown dies, it´s hard to see every time i visit (my Brother has his shop there).
It was nothing special,like yours. What would you change if you got a second chance?
_____
Elizabet, it is and was fun :-)
Lucky you, living-wise!!! And, well, you have your little Blee.. Henr.. well, with you, dear!
____
Oh, Erika. Gravelroads are my best - when being in Australia, we sure lived our lifes tere! And I agree, the communinities are real there!
Bet we could tell sooo many stories others´d say... "ah, not true", but it is!
Reckon you have the perfect match there!
Quiz nights are always the best and bring so much fun. I like that red sofa. It look very beautiful.
New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/11/declare-caviar-perfection-luxury-anti.html
I always buy myself something before Christmas. The game sounds like it will be lots of fun. Himself and I live in a rural farming town about 35 miles West of where we grew up. We were live is ok. It's quiet. The neighbors are aren't very neighborly. I miss my friend, Prissy, who lived across the street from me. She passed away 4 years ago. We ended up here after we were married because rents and houses were out of our price range. I miss the town where we grew up. Oh, and two people most certainly make up a family. Take care and have a good day.
The Exclusive Beauty Diary, yes, the sofa is cool!
____
CJ - 😁
Oh, and same here, some 60km from "home" only!
Sad about your friend!! Don´t you have anybody in your old place to visit?
Thank you, we feel family!
Amusing post. I have lived in Hawaii since 1975. Before that, I traveled the world like a nomad.
Yay to Granny! The game sounds like lots of fun. And that sky -- it's gorgeous!
The game will be fun! I was born here and lived in one other city for a few years as a kid but have been back here ever since. Even my Mum was born here.
I think it takes a good year to really get the feel of a new place; much longer than that before you really feel like you're "from" there. But it depends on how much time you really focus on "living" there. I mean, sometimes it feels like I see nothing but home and work, and I start to think I might as well live anywhere and nowhere. Then I remind myself that I really need to get out there and enjoy my city.
gigi, more, please!
____
Jeanie, yes to all!
____
RedPat, that´s kinda lovely. Just like my Dad was.
____
Jeff, I feel like I have to invite you to come here!
I bet you´d enjoy the city here - what´s in yours? Do you have a special some-thing or - one?
I grew up in a city of 100,000 on the coast just 10 miles north of Boston. Left home and never looked back. The town is a mess. After getting married 40 years ago, we moved to Portland, Oregon. Ten years there and then off to Fairbanks, Alaska for another ten years. Then went to southern Oregon, hated it and then I got my Irish citizenship through descent of my paternal grandmother. She was born in Galway so I got the paperwork and sent it in and became an Irish citizen. Moved to Brunswick, Maine for 3 years and then came to Ireland in 2014. First place we lived was in Ballinrobe, then Killybegs, Moville and now Dungloe. Interesting places, all very small villages. We will be here for awhile enjoying it. Life is an adventure, right? We don't have much stuff to carry with us so moving is easy. Places are already furnished so you don't need furniture. :) Have a great evening, Iris.
Nice post. I have lived all over the US. I was born in Sacramento, California (don't know if you would even know where that is) The best memories I have are when I lived in Arizona. I live in Oregon now. We came here to help care for my grandma and my mom. They are gone now and we are stuck here. I do not like it here at all. To cold, to wet, to gray, wayyy to windy and no real summer. I better stop because I can go on with more. LOL enjoy your day.
I have lived in and around my current city for many years, but it is not the place I would chose to live if I was given a choice. I miss being beside the ocean, but all my family lives around here so it is very convenient (plus I live with my son, much better than being alone).
I remember my dad eating raw mince on bread, he would chop his onion very finely and mix it in. I prefer my mince and onions cooked into a burger.
Hometown? I've lived in Adelaide longer than I've lived anywhere else, but still moved around so much within Adelaide, I always still feel like I'm not quite settled yet.
Wow, Bill, you´ve moved a lot! Do I feel boring, LOL!
Life is an adventure, that is true, to us (sadly?) only through travels.
Already furnished sounds weird to me, though! But then, if living in a car was OK, this would be all right, also.
____
Nicole, I sadly have not been in the US (yet) - California sounds tempting! Arizona sounds dry and hot? No real summer sucks, why are you stuck?
____
Margaret, yes, I miss the ocean, too - though I never really lived by one!
Family sure is worth staying away from the waves.
____
River, burger I love, too - I mean... there is cheese in it!!! :-)
Of Adelaide I only remember the shopping center with a "mini-roller-coaster" near Meyer´s. That was 1995 and I was so impressed I even took a pic! You know, real camera and film!
A beautiful dawn.
Myers mini roller-coaster is long gone. The entire floor was closed off and a net hung across the empty space a couple of floors down after someone suicided by jumping from that topmost balcony. All the games and rides were removed soon after.
Post a Comment