Friday, January 27, 2023

Smiles About Things For Free And FFO

 
 
Let´s start with a  smile-maker (from the internet) for Annie´s smiles
I still have books and DVDs to put out on the street.  But it´s so cold no one who does not have to goes outside...
 

Most are books I found in the street, so... same in your place?
 
It´s so cold (to those of us not used to it) my face hurt when I got Ingo´s bread and the baker lady said my face is red all over... 
 
So... what is the solution (to join Nicole´s FFO with)?
 

 "Hydrate & Revitalise" - yes, written with an "s" - didn´t know the Netherlands, where this product is from, use British English.
 
As today is International Holocaust Remembrance Day I have another post, if you are interested see here...
 
Henry 🦁


To  happy weekend soon!



18 comments:

River said...

Almost everyone uses British English, only the Americans don't.
Maybe next time wear one of those caps that cover the face with only eye holes open so you can see where you are going. And put on a layer of moisturiser to help your skin.

Iris Flavia said...

River, LOL. No, I would feel like a Muslim...
And that I don´t (see post I have on today, too).
Hm.

At SIEMENS I had to switch everything from American to British English and to be honest I am confused now how to write at all!
I´ll have an eye on you ;-)

Wednesday it took two of us minutes.. I finally "found out"... we read German! Languages/the brain... crazy stuff!

Tom said...

...I LOVE the dog library.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes! :-)

Gene Black said...

I am a "weird" American who often uses British English spellings - and sometimes phrases. I think it is because I read lots of books by British authors as a child and learned those spellings. (adding the "u" in favour, for example, or the "s" instead of a "z" like in "revitalise.") Google Chrome is marking those words as mis-spelled, but I just laugh and leave them that way.

Mae Travels said...

It’s good that you have one upbeat post and one sad memory post today.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As an American, I spell with a z instead of an s.

I LOVE the deer and NO oNE puts stuff out here that is free.

off to see your other post, Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

Gene, LOL, can you imagine how it is for a native German then? How often does my finger hover over a "u"... click or don´t...
I don´t even know which English I learned in the first place!!

____

Mae, yes, we need balance!

____

Elizabeth, I know. I was to put everything from American to British English for a Siemens railway project in Durban, South Africa. Confusing, now I never know how to write...

Sad you don´t have free stuff. I love to roam the streets and see it all, and also take and give...

I´m not really happy with the deer, in reality it looks much cuter!

William Kendall said...

British English is proper English.

Jeanie said...

LOVE the dog library!

DVArtist said...

Ohh now that is cold. As you know I am like you about being cold, I don't like one bit. LOL Love the dog library and the faces for FFO. Thank you so much for joining in. Have a, warmer, great day.

Iris Flavia said...

William, I have no idea anymore which English I learned!!

____

Jeanie, stick? ;-(

____

Nicole, to warmth... and health!!!

Bill said...

What a great library, dogs probably love it.

Christine said...

Cute art!

RedPat said...

I love the dog library too.

Anonymous said...

Loved the dog library-too fun. too cold here too for free stuff-in rural areas many do that-to share instead of throwing away. I like that

Lisca said...

British English is proper English, but my computer spell checks the American way.
I love the dog library. It made me smile.
No, we don't get free stuff here, but it's a good idea. Rather than throw it in the bin, leave it for others who might want it.
As for your question about Netflix, yes, I can use subtitles in most languages. I have been added to my friend´s account and they live in Italy, so I get Italian Netflix with lots of films and programs in Italian or Spanish. Even though I speak both Italian and Spanish, I have English subtitles because I find I miss a lot if I don't.
Enjoy your weekend,
Hugs

Fundy Blue said...

Hi, Iris! I love the dog library ~ such fun! It's been very cold where I live in Aurora, Colorado, USA. My husband and I are retired, so we were thankful to escape to Honolulu for a while. Meanwhile at home there have been a lot of sub zero temperatures and way too much snow. Love the facility sheet mask. When it's really cold, it's nice to cover your face. I grew up in Canada with British English, then ended up in the USA for my adult life (so unexpected), so I was exposed to American English. I'm forever getting confused and going back and forth between the two. We must never forget what happened during the Holocaust. Have a good week, Iris!