Sunday, March 09, 2025

Help Is On The Way!

Ingo found these stories with the very helpful Japp-man.

Japp is the Norwegian version of our Mars-bar (here you find more about sweets from that country). It´s clichée, but, oh, come on...

 

From times when commercials were still fun(ny)!
Hilarious, don´t you think?

If you´re having a bad day, I hope this cheered you up.
 
And whilst we´re at funny non-English ads...


"... buy 2 crates of beer!"

FB-find:


"With the US halting intelligence sharing on Ukraine, France is ready to step in. Paris will provide Kyiv with its own intelligence — French Defense Minister Lecornu"

Source: Kyiv Post

Addendum, also by Kyiv Post:


"Friedrich Merz, the projected next chancellor, plans to allocate an additional €3 billion in aid to Ukraine, which had been frozen by Scholz — Le Monde"
 
"Funny" how it all seems to come together. Or scary!!! A good scary!

More...
 

 
"Asked if Canada could offer troops to any peacekeeping force in Ukraine, Trudeau says:
“Canada has looked at the ways it can best help and everything’s on the table… Canada will be there and is open to doing what is necessary.” - I hope these all are TRUE.
 
The series...  a fun-flashback (OK, I prepared this post long ago and then found other things to share - and now it so fits with the Japp-HELPING)!
 
"The tastiest dishes with the funniest names
 

 
 
 "Hushpuppy
 
A hushpuppy is a savory, deep-fried ball made from cornmeal batter. The name comes from US southerners who fried the dough and fed it to dogs to "shut the puppies up."

 Reckon I´d rather go for Japp!


 Henry 🦁
 

Japp - to a fun time! And YES to supporting!



19 comments:

Tom said...

...those Japp ads are funny "pushovers!" Europe will need to show the US how to do things!!!

Iris Flavia said...

And you will please join in again soon! Putin needs to give up!

magiceye said...

Henry is tickled by all the funnies!

Anonymous said...

Would love to rry a japp bar -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Lions have humor, too :-)

Iris Flavia said...

I think it really is close to Mars (as in sweets-bar 😉)

Barbara Rogers said...

So great to see the world leaders (besides our own feeble strangeness) are standing with Ukraine. Loved Henry and friend's laughing!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I very much hope "we" get it done and show two certain somebodies... no, I just wish for peace, freedom and democracy. And laughter!

Jeanie said...

Hushpuppies are delicious -- but not in my regular diet!

RedPat said...

I'd go for the Japp bar too, Iris.
The world will stand up to evil I hope.

Iris Flavia said...

I´ve never seen those... and I think I missed nothing...

Iris Flavia said...

I SO hope you are right, RedPat!

Bill said...

It's nice that other countries are standing up to help Ukraine. Hope they are successful.

Let's Art Journal said...

Glad to see others stepping up to support them, fingers crossed it all works out ❤️. I've never had hush puppies, but would love to try them. Loving that Henry is helping too - perfect 😊. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, their peace an freedom is ours... They lose, we lose.

My name is Erika. said...

It's sad that I live in country that stopped supporting not only Ukraine but the rest of the free world. Thank goodness France and other countries have stepped in. I hope you had a nice Sunday, and happy start to the new week. hugs-Erika

River said...

I would choose a Japp over a hushpuppy too. I really do not like cornmeal, it's gritty in my mouth and tasteless too.
The Japp commercials made me laugh a lot.
Thank you to all in Europe and Canada too who are helpng Ukraine.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, it must be frustrating to have such a "leader" who destroys faith in your own country worldwide.Let us hope for the best... for all of us! Hugs and to a good new week.

Iris Flavia said...

Not being into sweets I think I´d be left hungry...
Yes, I hope those were not but empty words!