Thursday, August 14, 2025

Look Over


Today I join  Rain´s Thursday Art and Dinner Date with "Fences" (she sadly takes a break, though, but some of us join anyway).
The fence we have here has a "secret hole" that was used by our neighbors to walk over directly.
One nice summer day Ingo and I sat on the balcony when suddenly......
 
A bit - it really was but a bit! of wind came and our sun brolly like a rocket made it to third floor....
 
...and back!!!! Right there were people usually sneak over!!! We have no insurance.
 
Nothing bad happened and ever since I tie the darn brolly safely to the balcony!!!! 
 
And, P.S. yes, "went" ... it has stopped. Now it´s "them" and "us"... sad. 

So the dinner-part....  "Neigh, whinny"....


King-Frog still thinks of the rocket-brolly....



 
Ingo can touch the sausage already and will NEVER understand I have a different feeling of "heat". Must do some research.
I´m no princess. Hot to me is hotter than to others. 

Don´t run after me when you cook and want me to take a taste. HOT! 
The banderole is a classic and clever thing yet... HOT!
 


"Germany to scare: 30 ruins of days long gone
 
 
Johannisthal, Berlin Airfield
 
When it opened in 1909, Johannisthal Airfield was one of the world's first motorized airfields. However, no aircraft have used its runway since 1995. The first German female pilot, Amelie "Melli" Beese, learned to fly here. The first German passenger airline service also launched from Johannisthal in 1919.

The historic airfield eventually lost its glory, and its operations were relocated to other airports. Today, part of the site has been converted into a park, but disused hangars and other industrial facilities can still be seen."
 
 Henry 🦁
 
 
And what happens?! People complain about "the heat". 30+C we talk of, that is but 86+F...
I hope Perth is a bit warmer come February!!!!
 



 

20 comments:

River said...

I really like Ingo's new toy, a cute little cooker.

Iris Flavia said...

It´s with coal - a mini-BBQ - are you "allowed" to have that with coal? There is no other option but it was inexpensive and... YUMMY!

Tom said...

...may fences and walls be turned into bridges!

Iris Flavia said...

And all brollies tied up. No idea what happened... They were all "friends"...

Anonymous said...

Fun fence piece! Good the brolly is tied up now. The sausages look yummy -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Here we'd grill beef and pork hotdogs, and yours look just the way I like mine, nice and black. Yum! Now I want a hot dog. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Yes to all of that!!

Iris Flavia said...

These are some of the 50 horse sausages, LOL. Thanks for saying pork first but then... there are some no-go´s but humans need meat. No dogs, cats, monke... I could go on.... To a yummy, healthy and fair time, hugs!

RedPat said...

Henry looks very summery today, Iris.

The Padre said...

New Toys And Happy Henrys - Now This Is A Wonderful Post Indeed

Stay Delightful ,
Cheers

Bill said...

Henry is enjoying the summer day with his crown of flowers.

CJ Kennedy said...

Ingo's new toy is very cool. I love sausage on the grill. Interesting story about your patio umbrella and I'm glad you finally got some Summer weather.

DVArtist said...

I showed Mr. M Ingo's new toy and he said, "Oh that's like the one we had when we lived in Idaho." Honestly Iris, I don't remember it at all. LOL This looks like a good one. I so love the image of Henry too.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Iris, Ingo's new toy is great! Henry looks very happy today! Your sausages look delicious! King Frog is delightful! Your sketch is fantastic, dear friend! Love and hugs to you. :)

Iris Flavia said...

And finally Summer it is, RedPat!!

Iris Flavia said...

I will, dear Padre,
Cheers

Iris Flavia said...

Now we all do!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes to all that!!!

Iris Flavia said...

It´s a very quick one! Get one, if for new "memories".

Iris Flavia said...

Dear Linda, I managed Ingo´s new toy, but it has to be his... HOT!!! King Frog is happy and says hi! Hugs from all of us here, dear friend.