Saturday, April 11, 2026

At The Zoo

 
People certainly know how to pronounce my name in English, knowing an Iris-scan. But when they try Ingo it mostly ends in "Ango". So, Ingo uses the Aussie wild dog as example, "like Dingo, without the 'D'".
 
These are some more pics from zoo Perth.
 

 
 
Yes, that´s how the animals were "on display" in the beginning. Horrible lives...
 
This is for...
 

 ... Eileen.
 
And the end I have a furry funnie for you:
 

 
 

 
Have a crittery Saturday!
 

 
 
 
 

32 comments:

Bertiebo said...

I love the cat! Very funny!

Tom said...

...Iris, even a dull day can be beautiful!

Mae Travels said...

I think most Americans would associate the name Iris with the spring flower, not the anatomical eye feature. Many women’s names also are the names of flowers and plants in English — Rose, Lilly, Daisy, Ivy…

Iris Flavia said...

Yes :-)

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, Tom, especially there - the Sun is a killer! (you can even read that on busses)

Iris Flavia said...

My Mom thought so, too, but my Dad was an optometrist..

Breathtaking said...

Hello Iris :)
The cat video is very funny :)) I have always thought that you had a pretty flower for your name.
Have a happy weekend
All the best
Sonjia.

The Padre said...

The Zoo , Outstanding

Cheers

Iris Flavia said...

Hello Sonjia,
No, Dad was an optometrist :-)
To a happy weekend!

Iris Flavia said...

Well, it was fun - Cheers

Jeanie said...

That Dingo is the cutest ever!

My name is Erika. said...

Even that Dingo looks a little bored. In some ways he looks like Miss Maddie. And I would pronounce Ingo as in and go. And dingo is din and go. Am I right? Or not? Happy Saturday. hugs-Erika

RedPat said...

The old zoos were quite sad with such small spaces for the animals. It is good that they have changed, Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

Cute but wild, Jeanie! They love to play with toilet paper on campgrounds!

Iris Flavia said...

Lol, actually it´s a smooth "g" But yes, most say so - sounds like they want him to go away.... Happy Saturday and hugs - Ingo will stay.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, yes, RedPat! But I think it´s good they have this display as a reminder!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Iris
I would like to see all the zoo get rid of those ugly cages, poor bear. Love the dingo. The Cat video was cute and funny.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Iris Flavia said...

Eileen, the bear was not real! No worries! To a great weekend!

Christine said...

Lovely memories.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes :-)

Kathylorraine said...

Many of the zoos here in the states-have been providing better envrioments for the animals-a good thing. Happy weekend hugs

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, that was a look in the bad past - all animals have space! To a great Sunday, hugs

River said...

Funny and clever cat in school. None of my cats ever learned any tricks like that. The Dingo is a darker colur than I usually see, perhaps a winter coat? Most are more yellow. The bear in the cage is sad to see.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, funny cat - if that is not AI! These days you never know... On Fraser Island we saw Dingos with such a lighter color, too. Yes, poor animals back then... glad times have changed!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear friend Iris, the dingo is beautiful and the cat video is hilarious! Gorgeous cat, made me laugh!
Warm hugs and much love to you!

Amypie71 said...

Personally I just don't think animals should be in zoos but that's just my opinion. I think of saying Ingo's name similar to Dingo? is that right?

Adam Jones said...

Lovely picture of the Black Swan. We have a few rogue ones here in the UK, but they're captively bred.

Iris Flavia said...

Dear friend Linda, yes, the Dingo looks so sweet (wild animal!) and the cat is plain funny, hope it´s not AI. Warm hugs and much love over... 9C here only.

Iris Flavia said...

Well zoos these days have much more space and entertainment and I think they make people aware of all the species we need to protect.
Yep. Just do not say the "D" and you have Ingo :-)

Iris Flavia said...

Well, at least they are protected then!

R's Rue said...

I love the Black Swan.
rsrue.blogspot.com

Shiju Sugunan said...

What if you were an Irish Iris? The black swan is such a graceful icon.