Saturday, April 25, 2026

I Got Told A Story

 
 
I took this video on a Sunday arvo this February in Madeley/Perth in our caravan park in front of our cabin. There was no other Magpie around and this one... I very calmly grabbed my camera and took it all in.
I really searched, there was no other Magpie... 
 
Sorry I do not know what this was all about I don´t speak magpie. But isn´t this bird too cute, chatting about? As you see there  was no other Magpie...
 
This is for...
 
 
 
 
 

 Have a crittery Saturday!
 

 
 

32 comments:

magiceye said...

Lovely listening to the magpie sing!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, wonder what was so important for a human to her!

Villrose said...

It had a lot to say!
/Irene

Tom said...

...Magpie, I love its name!

My name is Erika. said...

Magpie's are very smart birds from what I read. Maybe this guy just wanted some human (or your) company. Happy Saturday! hugs-Erika

RedPat said...

He had something to say, Iris. It is rainy & cold here.

CJ Kennedy said...

The other bird was listening intently. I wonder if the magpie was talking to his therapist. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Iris
I love the Magpie, great video. It is peaceful to sit and listen to the birds. Maybe the swans want to chat too. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Iris Flavia said...

Hihi, yes :-)

Iris Flavia said...

They are clever birds! It knew I am no danger.

DVArtist said...

This is a great post. Thanks Iris and have a nice day today.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear friend Iris, I loved listening what the magpie had to say. Bird songs are beautiful. Sending you much love and hugs.

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice to listen to the Magpie, thank you for sharing your video.

All the best Jan

Barbara Rogers said...

What a lovely song. I've never seen nor heard a Magpie!

River said...

He looks like a young one, maybe talking just to see if any others were nearby? I am seeing magoies around here again, they have been gone for a while, but soon nesting season will start so they are back to build the nests I think, then in Spring they will be guarding the babies and swooping to scare away dangers. I love hearing them sing in the mornings and evenings and the crows have been tali]king to each other too.

Adam Jones said...

Loved that video of the Magpie singing. Nice to hear a Magpie that actually has some tune to its song, unlike our very one toned birds here in the UK.

Iris Flavia said...

He pooped mid-talking, I think it was an urgent matter he needed to discuss! ;-) Hugs

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat, yes, I bet it was interesting, too! Sunny and cold here (9C)...

Iris Flavia said...

Well then I was the other bird/therapist - I hope I did a good job ;-) To a happy Sunday.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, to Aussies this is normal, to me it is certainly special (we don´t have Magpies in Germany, as far as I know)... Happy Sunday, Eileen.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you; Nicole. Hope you are well, saw SITAR is off today - my best wishes go out to you...

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, dear friend Linda - bet it was an awesome story! Love and hugs on the way.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you for listening, Jan!

Iris Flavia said...

Well, now you did, Barbara :-)

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, wee, yes I saw videos of Magpies attacking even fast cyclists! Be aware - Ravens are next up - they are so different to the German ones. Ours are rather boring...

Iris Flavia said...

Same with the Ravens in Germany.... boring. More to come on these...

Breathtaking said...

Hello Iris :)
Great video Iris. I enjoyed listening to the Magpie sing. This Magpie has more decorative feathers than the one we have here. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could communicate by singing back?
Have a happy Sunday
Sonjia.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That magpie is singing its little heart out.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Clearly the magpie had a lot on its mind that day 😄

Iris Flavia said...

Sonjia, that would be wonderful! Who knows what I missed?

Iris Flavia said...

And I was there to listen :-)

Iris Flavia said...

Yes... oh if only I understood!