Sunday, May 03, 2026

Come To Our Kitchen#2 Or Such

 
 
Does this count as art? Cause I wanna join...
 
 

 Nicole´s SITAR with this.
 
But... let us go to the living room, shall we...
 

From the 1970´s, not sold.  See a pattern?
  
 
He had a fine handwriting, didn´t he. That was 69 Deutsche Mark back then. I think these days this is either rubbish or priceless - I will not give it away, for no money.
 

 Back to the kitchen, speaking of details...
 

 More next Sunday.
 
Oh, and whilst we´re in the 70´s...
 

 Cherished, not in use...
 
Henry 🦁
 
Have a great Sunday.
  

 

34 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

You have such fun things in your home Iris. I always enjoy the bright colors and seeing them. And I love that color on Henry too. It's a stunning photo. I hope it's been a good weekend. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Yes to the first - thank you - no to the latter... hope yours is better than mine. We are humans, huh, hugs....

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The 70s was such a fun and unique decade in terms of style, colour, fashion, music, etc etc!

Gene Black said...

I agree that you have bright colorful lovely things in your home. That is living artfully.
The bright colorful things in my house are mostly my creations. LOL. I tend to use lots of bright color in my work.

DVArtist said...

This is definitely art. I love seeing your artsy home. You have so many interesting items that decorate your walls. I love that you have items from your dad. That is precious. Henry, looks amazing. Thank you for sharing with SITAR.

Jeanie said...

Those clocks are wonderful -- clocks and gadgets. They're colorful, bright and fun!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, YES and YES!!!

Iris Flavia said...

Hope you share all of yours!

RedPat said...

You have so much neat stuff, Iris.

Tom said...

...make each day a special day.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear friend Iris, I love all your photos! Henry has a red mane! Striking!
Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope you have a fabulous week ahead!
Love and hugs to you!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Nicole, for hosting and yes, Dad´s (and Mom´s) stuff is cherished :-)

Iris Flavia said...

Well, he was a watchmaker. Some friends can´t stand my place cause... tic-tock as in plural!

Iris Flavia said...

Maybe too much, RedPat?

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, Tom, we should!!!

magiceye said...

Time is priceless indeed!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, dear friend Linda - to a great week ahead! Love and hugs on the way.

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Artful Living is definitely a form of art. Hence, I find your colorful wall displays very inspirational. Blessings!

River said...

I love the pegs! And your kitchen display is definitely art. What is that bottle with red liquid in it?

Iris Flavia said...

Well, this is weather-related, but you sure are right, too!!!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you - sometimes I think it´s a tad too much?

Iris Flavia said...

Do you really need to ask me such a question? Thanks to AI:
"A storm glass (also called a weather bottle) is a historical barometer that indicates weather changes through the formation of crystals in a sealed glass bottle. Clear liquid suggests fair weather, while cloudiness or crystals indicate cloud cover, fog, storms, or snow. Today, it is primarily used as a decorative weather forecasting device."
This one shrinks or goes up, though...
Ingo ... do I need to say more? Ingo and my Dad...

eileeninmd said...

Yes, you should keep your Dad's things, they are great treasures and memory keepers. Henry is colorful. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

CJ Kennedy said...

I agree with Erika, you have such fun stuff in your home. Your weather station is so fun with your weather glass. The Teddy Bear clothes pegs are so precious. Enjoy your day

Black Knight said...

Your kitchen is pure art. It's a pleasure to watch all that beautiful items.

Jackie McGuinness said...

I loved having a peek inside your kitchen!

River said...

Of course I had to ask, I have never seen such a thing as your barometer.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I miss him....

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you - I should share the present soon, too?

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you - most was Ingo´s idea, though!

Iris Flavia said...

You´re very welcome!

Iris Flavia said...

Yah, I grew up with a Dad like that and Ingo is in his footsteps...