We lived at Ingo´s Granma´s place.
a) when I went online it took forever
b) Granma heard it
c) Granma thought it´s illegal
d) Granma could not use the phone!!!
I sometimes needed to go online for advice. I was programming a game to prove I can do that to companies I wanted to apply at.
Of course Grandma always "caught" me testing my program, not programming and hence claimed I "play on the computer".
She was a lovely lady but these were tough moments!
These days you just "stream" and can use your phone at the same time.
With these I join Nicole´s ...
For Gillena:
And to make you laugh real hard - pick up!!! It´s Friday!
The next one had me in tears... of laughter! Even my big Niece, soon 16, knew at age 2 what and how!!!
Some FB-funnies:
#SophiaGoldenGirls
#Supernatural
Henry 🦁
Have a happy one!













42 comments:
Hello Iris,
I remember trying to go online with the old dial up phones. It was awful. I am so happy with the cable internet now. Not many people have the landline phones any more. The image of the dog with the pine cone does look scary. Thanks for the laughs. Take care, Happy Friday! Have a great weekend.
Hi Eileen, yes, it was awful with the old modems. But then... it´s a memory, right? We still have landline and I even use it! Well, the people who call on this have smartphones, of course...
Yes, that dog!!! Have a fun Friday and weekend!
Oh i love the lovely photo of you and your grandmother. Precious moments. All the funnies are great. The coin one is so funny. lol Have a lovely and wonderful weekend! :)
That´s Ingo, not me ;-)
It took over 7 years for me to come along.
To a great Weekend, Summer will come back.
yes lol I see the writing now. Too early and I only looked at the picture. lol Have a lovely weekend Iris! : )
I see the writing now, after I had coffee. It's so early here that I didn't read it. Ingo is a cute baby. :)
Ha ha, Yes I remember dialup modems. The earlier ones were terribly slow. I remember upgrading from 3600 to a "highspeed" 14.4K
...getting up every morning is one of my goal! Keep laughing.
All good :-)
Hi Iris
Happy Fruday
Thank you for linking to AFFF#221
much love
Yes, it was... oh, but it was kinda magic, too!
Oh I'd try this jerky.
Don’t ever look into a mirror and say Bloody Mary 3 times
I remember dial up. Thank goodness that is gone. And I think back in the day, before my time that is (hee hee), people seemed to get older at a younger age and always look that way. I think it was the hairstyles and clothes society said they should wear. Not that I dress inappropriately but lucky I can dress the age I feel. Thanks for the funnies and the smiles this morning too.Happy rest of your Friday. hugs-Erika
To getting up and laugh for joy, Tom!
Happy Friday to you, too!
It sure was hot! :-)
I know!!!!
My grandma looked the same all the time too. Oh, dial up. Took forever. Thank goodness it is so much faster now!
Love the funnies and the pic of baby Ingo, Iris.
That video brings back memories I supported a dial up computer system for the bank pre internet days. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
A wonderful post, Iris. Yes, those first days of computers were soooo different. That photo of grandma and Ingo is precious. OMG the dog with the pine cone is so freaky cool. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a great day today.
Deus caritas est!
I also remember dial up. And I remember when logging onto the internet was FREE. Loved the photo of Ingo and his grandmother, Love the dog with the pine cone, too. Happy AFFF and FFO.
I remember dialup modems and the sound they made when it connected, they were definitely slow. Ingo and his grandmother's photo is priceless. Have a wonderful weekend.
What a great old photo of Ingo being doted upon! And I laughed at the pink coin purse and the dog's pine cone!
I have to try that midnight "idjits" thing! the younger people with the phones is hilarious!! I remember the old dialup tone, I always had enough time to make toast and a cup of coffee while waiting. Ingo was a cute little baby.
I look the same since... forever, too! So much so that a friend in Perth said, "I see you once more in that skirt, we go shopping!" I braved up and "won" (I hate clothes-shopping). To being as we like, hugs
And it is legal, too (really, THAT was a bummer!)
Thank you, RedPat :-)
Oh, I hope it weren´t memories too bad, LOL!
LOL and yes to all that dear host!!!
All is love :-)
Well here you had to pay for the phone when dialing into internet - I think!
And the internet itself, sloooow. Yes, I miss his Grandma, her stories... hanging laundry....
To babies and... teeth!
Hihi, make a toast and cuppa! Yes, so true!! Be careful with Bobby!
Thank you for the funnies to set off the weekend!
Those made me laugh! Especially the Uranus one. Haha!
You´re very welcome!
LLAP!!! :-)
Danke für die Lacher, liebe Iris 😂!
Ich hätte nicht geahnt, dass unsere guten alten Telefone derartige Herausforderungen für die heutige Jugend darstellen könnten. Aber offenbar sehen sie - im Gegensatz zu uns damals - auch keine "alten, lehrreichen" Filme. Ich sah z.B. Lassie, und kannte daher auch die an die Wand geschraubten Telefone, die ganz anders aussahen als unseres... Und ich sah die Fillme, die schon meine Oma* mochte. Wir hatten ja nur zwei Sender. Aber wenn man immer nur das Modernste streamt...
*) Süß übrigens, das Ingo-Oma-Foto!
Der Hund mit dem Pinienzapfen ist wirklich ein irrer Anblick 🤣
Alles Liebe, 🤗
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/08/sommerliche-tage-2026-ein-bunter.html
Post a Comment