Even if French - give it a go, it´s too funny!
And remember... you can chose subtitles in your language.
Apart from the farting scenes this is one of my favs by Louis de Funès from the film "Jo" - he was such a clever man and had no humor at all (they said).
My Brother gave me the whole set of the movies but my French isn´t good enough anymore - I watched them in German.
Cause subtitles do not work when you still speak a bit French. My brain cannot decide: Listen or read.
Here (in German) the farting scenes from "La soupe aux choux":
And then THIS happened!
It´s a very clever movie after all - about getting old and losing your home (nearly). About love, letting go and friendship.
I wish my French was still better.
Henry 🦁


30 comments:
I didn't watch, I'm too tired to make sense of them after spending the day with the twins. They sometimes play separately now, but both want me to be with them, so I was running inside, outside, back inside, back outside, it was exhausting, but fun. Then I brought out the new box of crayons and we all sat still and coloured for a while.
Thanks for sharing the videos and laughs. I love the Henry image.
Take care, enjoy your day!
I´m with you! My Nieces are nearly 5 years apart but the seldom times I was allowed to visit.... same. Fun but exhausting! Now the big one turns 16!!!!
You´re welcome. It´s really a fun movie, the second, and a bit sad.
...Henry, you are so dapper!
Merci, Tom.
Henry looks very smart today!
I watched the first one, but didn't see any humor. I DID think Henry looked fabulous today.
Henry looks quite serious today, Iris.
Merci beaucoup!
Standing the inspector is not that tall, but sitting?! And then... And then.. no, yes, ohhhhh!
He´s a Frenchman, RedPat....
Henry is all dressed up!!!
Happy Thursday
My post today is
HERE
Much love
I do like the Henry image.
All the best Jan
I must check these out!
Bonjour, Henri!
Dear friend Iris, the farting in the first video had me laughing so hard! Thank you so much for sharing. Sending you much love and hugs.
Translators are great.
Liebe Iris, bei Louis de Funès scheiden sich die Geister - die einen lieben ihn bzw. seine Filme, die anderen können ihn nicht ausstehen. Mein Mann und ich zählen zur zweiten Kategorie, wir finden ihn einfach nur nervtötend. (Lustigerweise haben wir beide bereits vor sehr langer Zeit festgestellt, dass wir ihn schon als Kinder nicht mochten, obwohl wir sonst für jeden Blödsinn zu haben waren und teilweise auch noch immer sind 😉.) Aber dein eleganter frankophiler Henry 🦁 gefällt mir sehr.
Alles Liebe, 🤗 Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/07/reisebericht-2025-nanaimo-und-abschied.html
Achja, für deinen Tipp bezüglich der Zimtis-Einlagen wollte ich mich noch bedanken - ich trage allerdings (vor allem, wenn ich viel gehen muss) orthopädische Einlagen, deshalb fürchte ich, beide gleichzeitig wären "too much"...
I used to watch Luis de funés when I was young. He was popular in the Netherlands. My dad used to love this type of humor and my mother would watch it straightfaced. I'm afraid I'm a bit like my mother in that respect but the clips did make me smile.
Happy Friday,
Lisca
He feels all French!
Jupp, he went on holiday!
Bonjour, Sue!
Dear friend Linda, I also love the alien very much! Much love and hugs on the way.
I so agree!
Liebe Traude, das stimmt. Ich liebe Young Sheldon, aber die Serie wo er erwachsen ist, da schalte ich weg.
Ja, Henri machte Urlaub! Alles Liebe!
Sehr gern. Naja, vielleicht für zu Hause, als Hausschuh-Einlage, der Duft ist wunderbar.
Love or hate, as Traude said!
We used to watch a lot of Louis de Funes during summertime as a kid.
It were clever stories!
Post a Comment