Saturday, November 21, 2015
Ways To Look At
Quite a while ago I read the book “…” – well. Difficult to translate, actually.
It´s called “Glück kommt selten allein” by Dr. Eckart von Hirschhausen.
If you look up Glück you get all sorts of words defining it, joy, luck, happiness, luckiness, bliss, fortune… (it seldom comes by itself)
Germans are easy on this one, huh.
Or rather don´t have or feel enough to need to differ in nuances?
At one point he writes about “luck” in the sense of superstition.
And rightfully he says: Take the four-leafed clover – what is it?
It´s above all: seldom. More seldom than the three-leafed ones. Why ever we feel the need to attach luck to the four-leafed-ones and are sad we´re lucky so seldom.
See pic above – he´s totally right, no?
So. In the aftermath.. that rainy Sunday, I was actually pretty lucky :-)
Lucky, we can choose the direction we want to look at things.
Now I only need to find a good place to bring on those stickers to always remind me.
In that sense: Have a great day. Full of luck, joy, happiness, whatever you wish for, just keep your eyes open.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I think the saying 'we make our own luck' is very true Iris, although sometimes we have bad luck that is out of our control oui!
Makes me wonder why we call her Lady Luck.
Bad luck sadly is, Grace...
Revrunner, here it´s called plain vierblättlriges Kleeblatt, no luck att.ached
I agree with Grace - you make your own luck! But sometime I do think some people seem to be "luckier" than others, or maybe they just try harder, work harder, have more insight into life? Who knows?
Never saw a 4 leafed clover!
I haven´t seen a real one, either - to New Years they offer fake ones...
Yes, hard work and insight might help a lot.
Post a Comment