Saturday, October 14, 2017

Art VS Nothing



Have you seen the new "It"-movie - if so, what do you think?
Colleague A said it wasn´t scary, not compared to the original.

Scary movie (with a small "m") or not, I don´t like clowns, never did, not even as a kid - I never thought they were funny.
But I didn´t like circus either, anyways.

Why I took a pic of this "mural" and gave a bit of money, you ask?

Well, this man at least made something for a lille money.

Unlike the dirty, filthy (not sober by how he spoke) guy, who just babbled at me while passing, "you have just a euro for me?".
No.
No one here is forced to beg in Germany - it is the way he chose.
I chose to work.
Taxes are more than high, so why would I give him a euro?

Then I would have to handle one over to the guy who sits in front of our grocery store every day (he has a smart phone btw and uses it openly), to the punks, to the mostly very drunk guy with the dog, to the guy on Bohlweg, to the woman sitting in front of dm...

I do give to buskers and painters, to people who DO something - how about you (if you live in a place where no one is forced to beg but can rely on the state)?
I mean... the money goes into alcohol in 99% anyways.

Am I a bad person to say no to financing the next drink?

6 comments:

Revrunner said...

Haven't seen "It". :-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

No I don't think you're mean Iris. If I take a photo of a busker I will always give a donation, and I have to admit there is a lady who has no legs and sits in a wheelchair that I cannot go past without giving her something ☺ as you say, some people actually choose that life.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

P.s. no I haven't and won't see It, Aimee has, even though she is terrified of clowns ☺

Iris Flavia said...

I think I´ll see "It" when it´s for free then.
Yes, Grace, astonishingly people choose to live that way.

Sami said...

Not my type of movie either, too scary for me!
I also just give money to someone who is "doing something" or an elderly person. But I do feel sorry for all the beggars even though I know it was their choice of life unfortunately.

Iris Flavia said...

With elderlies, yes, I can feel, too. But those aggressive guys - nah.