Saturday, October 07, 2017
Too Much Room For Interpretation
On my home from work yesterday - a near 10-hours-workday, btw, means:
I got loads of work and can build up hours for free days, yay!
Well, on my way home I found this mural.
Just it´s no real mural (or is it) - it´s a container, the Tetzel-Kiste.
2017 is dedicated to the religious reformation 1517.
Now, being into science not religion this leaves some huge room for interpretation. Wiki says about Johann Tetzel: "Tetzel was known for granting indulgences in exchange for money" - hence this mural celebrates cheating?
Is this the way the church represents itself (still)?
Or is this the way to reach the young generation?
I´m really confused but take the mural as a fun way to represent Alte Waage.
Religion... always confusing to me.
What I did not see in the pitch-dark morning...
Wee, that really was some storm for this young autumn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
It's not always easy to figure out the meaning behind the murals.
You had a storm there? Have a nice weekend Iris.
That´s true, Sami, some murals are difficult.
Yes, quite a storm. Some trains are still not running.
Have a nice weekend, too!
Lovely mural. :-)
Greetings from London.
Funny, too :-) Greetings to London!
Have a nice weekend Iris.
แตกใน xxx
Thank you, you, too, roth!
Post a Comment