Saturday, June 16, 2018

Just A Suggestion It Was



You´re surprised to find a pic of a dog in this place?
Yes, I´m afraid of dogs, but I had not a chance!

I´d bought a salad, mushrooms, pepper, yummy mozzarella... and suddenly salad was nothing I wanted to have for dinner.
I mumbled, rather jokingly, how about a burger at Herman´s ?.

And guess what!

And this dog, I might even call it cute... is very, very self-confident, so to say! :-)



We didn´t take the Herman´s-burger but the one with bacon and...



The bacon was so crisp, sooo yummy.
The waiter said the "secret" is that no additional fat is used.
And I was always wondering why TV-cooks put oil in the pan when frying bacon, always thought, the bacon HAS fat itself.
So, next week I plan to cook something with bacon and sure without additional fat.

8 comments:

Jeanie said...

That looks super delish! We cook bacon either on paper towel in the microwave (so the fat sinks into it) or in the oven on racks so it drips down. I suppose every little bit helps!

Lowcarb team member said...

That looks very tasty!

All the best Jan

Iris Flavia said...

Jeannie that´s a very clever idea with the microwave! What do you choose as setting?

Jan, we´re just about to go for another cause... you´re right - it is tasty indeed :-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It does look good Iris even though I don't eat bacon 😀 Definitely don't need to cook it with extra fat. Yes I did wonder why your opening shot had a dog in it, he looks gorgeous though ☺

A Cuban In London said...

I never put oil on the pan when making bacon either. :-)

Greetings from London.

Iris Flavia said...

So professional cooks aren´t always right, thanks, you two!

Just today I jumped as a dog went towards me, Grace. I´m a pain to dog owners, but I can´t help it!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Not sure what it is but I never heard any one disliking bacon.
Coffee is on

Iris Flavia said...

Well, my SIL is vegetarian, she misses out on the good stuff!