Monday, April 08, 2019

Oldtim... Ummm Vintage



Murals found in Hannover when I walked with real soldiers.



Languages... we call these "oldtimers", not vintage cars!
Cellphones are called "Handy", a tuxedo a "Smoking" etc, etc! Language is a crazy thing!



Do I miss some meaning here, can you help?

Taking part again in Sami´s COLOURFULWORLD Monday Murals.

20 comments:

Debbie at Travel with Intent said...

Oldtimers - I like that.
And nice murals, too

Joan Elizabeth said...

Nice murals. There are all sorts of names around old cars ... classic, vintage, antique, veteran. I generally stick to "old cars"

Iris Flavia said...

Debbie aren´t oldtimers retirees? ;-)

Joan Elizabeth I think classic is the best to describe it!

Klara said...

ha, nice. I actually haven't seen a car painting on a garage door yet, different things, but not a car. nice models.

biebkriebels said...

Nice paintings to brughten up the garage doors.

Mae Travels said...

Yes, one does wonder what type of car is behind the painted door!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, everybody, yes, who knows what´s behind. Probably just an ordinary ole Polo (as I had).

magiceye said...

Beautiful paintings of old classic cars! Hope you get to see what's inside one of these days :)

Iris Flavia said...

magiceye, not likely as it´s Hannover ;-)

Jeanie said...

Really do love these particular murals, Iris. The old cars have great lines!

Tom said...

...beautiful rides from the past!

Sami said...

Such pretty garage doors for sure! Thanks for contributing Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

Jeanie, yes, I was lucky to have had the opportunity to drive a 70´s Holden! In bright orange!

Tom, agreed, some things were really just way cooler!

Sami, oh, so long ago already!

William Kendall said...

These are lovely murals!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you.

Bill said...

The murals reallly brighten up the area and nice to see.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, yes, they do!

Lois said...

We used to call them "old timey" cars when I was a child. Very nice!

peppylady (Dora) said...

It could be called and "old foggy"
Coffee is on

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Definitely vintage Iris. I wonder if the owner here just wishes he had one of these old beauties parked inside instead of his average modern car 😊