Saturday, November 16, 2019
(Not A Wall) A Gate
When you walk Schützenstraße you find this gate. It was built in 1362, destroyed and rebuild in 1975.
Addendum: It´s a bit Perth-like, no? Old and new?
It got the name from Bartholomäuskapelle and stands there by itself.
A little detail:
Oh, don´t we all need a cupid?
But, look!
Isn´t that a beauty?
Lion of the day (he is laughing!):
I was just outside... it´s raining :-)
Despite it´s only 5C it felt sooooo good!
A gate to my dislike to the dark half of the year :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





16 comments:
That's a beautiful gate. I think it's a cupid. It's sure got history to it.
Your lion may be laughing or roaring, but it's a beauty.
Thank you, Elizabeth :-)
Wonderful gate, and cupid. But my fave today is the laughing lion! Laughter always does us good. Dir einen schönen Tag, ich gehe raus, die Sonne scheint! GlG, Valerie
You mix me up with changing languages ;-)
No sunshine here. Ich gehe höchstens zu REWE. GlG, Iris
...a welcoming gate beats a wall anyday!
That is true, Tom!!
Fabulous photographs and wow i love old buildings, that cupid is so cute <3
hugs June xxx
Love the details on the gate and seeing the lion just makes you happy:)
1362, now that a long time ago.
Coffee is on
I like the look of that gate.
June, thank you, guess the cupid flew to your place, lucky you xxx
____
Alexandria, I think next time I really make my way up to the Lion for a better pic!
____
William, you are welcome :-)
Cupid works in mysterious ways 😉 Yup agree with Tom, gates win over walls and your laughing Henry made me smile too 😁
:-) Grace, YES! xox
It rains a lot here in Oregon in Winter. and is gray. Very tiresome, I understand how you feel.
Well, actually rain is great, just not the dark!
That gate is beautiful. And I love the brilliantly colored tree on the street. Your laughing lion makes me smile.
Post a Comment