Sunday, September 05, 2021

Freddie´s "T" And Try Me

 
 
Aren´t these free give-aways too cool?!
Sadly my Nieces are too big for them.

I back then had the metal ones where you could adjust the size.
The cheapy-ones.
Pjotr was a mean neighborhood-kid.
Back then we played in the street and he pushed me around so much so that finally when my Dad wanted me to play outside again I said I´m afraid of that guy.

Dad had a solution, of course!
"Next time get on the step, call him, give him a good one on his leg, full force!"
Dad, huh.

I didn´t dare.
I don´t want to hurt people.
But then Pjotr went at my lille Bro!!!! HEY!!!!!
I went on the step, called him, asking if he´s afraid of people "his size", waited till he was near enough and... FULL FORCE.
 
What my Dad´d forgotten to tell me... "not with the skates on"... (I was 7, I think)
 
Pjotr went down. I had my skates on and thought, "uh-oh.... did I break his leg?!"
I did not, but he never ever bothered us again.
 
I was at least a head-size smaller, but he never... Go at my lille Bro... try that, try me!!!

Fast forward 30 years, I´m in now my Bro´s shop, a bulky guy comes in. 
Sees me, somehow I must look like back then, breaks into a huge smile and calls me by my name.

Guess... I silently asked my Bro who this is. It was...
Pjotr!!!! 
 
I thought.. uh-oh. Pay-back day!!!
 
But...he must´ve forgotten about the incident!!!

Me... not so much, I at first hid behind my now body-wise "bigger" Brother!
"Beats" me how Pjotr could´ve forgotten!!!!
Such a tall, bulky boy falling down in pain in front of me... 
Now happily chatting away with me!

 Freddie (from the book Freddie Mercury A to Z):


 
 
I had some range, too ...
 
Henry 🦁

You really wanna play with me? 
"Think again!!!!" 🏈
Don´t you dare to go at my "Baby-Brother!!!" 

No, for real. 
It´s not OK, I think, to tell a young child to take care of it´s younger Sibling.
We were kids ourselves.
There were so many incidents where I got "a journey on my popo" cause I failed supervising my Brother.

We call that "Arschreise" - you get hit on your butt for what your lille Brother did - insert painting furniture, jumping  on the car etc etc, these lille guys are quick. Blink of an eye they are GONE! - yet... we love them. Why ever...
He owes me some Arschreisen...

And this goes on forever.
You´re always... well. Think we are "friends". First person to talk to in emergency.
In joy, too.
And this goes vice versa.
(Don´t) Try me.



14 comments:

River said...

I was told to look after my little brother too, when he first started at school, but he was in the infant school and I was in the primary school. The play yards were separate and primary kids were not allowed to cross into infant territory. So I did every lunchtime and got told off every lunchtime. Eventually mum decided he was doing okay and I didn't have to go and check anymore, as long as we still walked to and from school together.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, "boy", sounds bad, too!
I had to... that he was able to make children.. ohhhh. I had to take care of him from very early on and ... he was crying, screaming, I was 6 and had no clue.
ANTS. Our Mum sat him accidentially on an ant´s nest and they bit him you-know-where.
He has two Daughters, I called Mum in time.
No Arschreise, as she saw it was her fault.

William Kendall said...

People change, at least sometimes.

Tom said...

,,,those skates are amazing, I wish r=that they came in my size and blue!

Charlotte (MotherOwl) said...

Those smaller sibling, they are so annyoing, yet you defend them with all your might when someone else's attacking them. I hav a smaller sister, same story.

RedPat said...

It is nice to have a big sister to protect you but not to take the blame for bad things.
I am going to do chicken with mushrooms and a real lemon tonight - you made me want to try it.

Elephant's Child said...

Love those skates. I had the adjustable metal ones too.
I am glad that you taught the bully a lesson. Sometimes one lesson is all it takes.
I have a similar story. I 'thumped' the little girl next door when she said bad things about my brothers. Except that I am the youngest in my family.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I didn't know they made skates that small. As teenager I went to the roller rink.
Coffee is on and stay safe

CJ Kennedy said...

Very cute roller skates. I didn't have a pair, but Himself did so he shard and we each used one skate. Pjotr probably remembered the incident, but respected you for standing up to him.

At Home In New Zealand said...

Loved the way you painted the picture of that story - I can just see you giving that boy what-ho with your roller skates on!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Good for you. Sometimes bullies have to be put in their place. Those skates are cute.

I agree that Freddie has a huge range.

Iris Flavia said...

William, yes. You are right.

____

Tom, there is some blue. The size, though... might be a problem ;-)

____

Charlotte, It was weird, huh. One moment you wanna "kill" them, next you kill yourself defending them...

____


RedPat, aw, well, the 70´s...
Have yum with the cooking!!! Hope it turned out fab!

____

Elephant's Child - we are stong!!!
You, especially!!! Wanna share the whole story?

____

Dora... we had no such fancy thing. The sidewalk it was...

____

CJ, oh, this is so cute. I might fall instantly, though!
Hm. Maybe you are right about Pjotr. I hope so.

___

Margaret.. it was instinct and I got so scared afeterwards!

____

Elizabeth,, yes to both!!

Divers and Sundry said...

What cute skates! Much fancier than mine were

Amypie71 said...

oh such cute skates! If I was little I'd go crazy about those.