I'm glad I read the comments. We call it Kindergarten in the states, too. Now I u8nderstand. Love those cute utility boxes. They are adorable. And that Henry is so uniquely different. Tenderness for his young child.
Elizabeth, I thought it´s called kindy everywhere, but, noooo, the Aussies again, LOL. Yes. Ingo doesn´t like these screenshots, but these days... where do you go?
____
River, I stole this from you! :-) Here we really do say Kindergarten. And if I asked for example my brother to call a sparky, he´d had no idea.
____
Black Knight, I remember a yellow bus saying "Scuola" when we were in your beautiful country (while I type I listen to Adriano Celentano, as I´m cooking (taking a short break).
Here it's kindergarten though with a Boston accent it sounds more like Kinniegahten. Cute gnomes/elves on the utility boxes. Awww, and Henry with Klein Henry.
Nice utility box decor. I have a few more in mind to photograph soon. At first when I read your blog post, I though Kindy was another one of the German supermarket chains, but learned differently in the comments. The reason why it's called Kindergarten is that the English language adopted the word with the thing itself; that is, German educators invented Kindergarten and Americans (and other anglophones) used the German idea. From google: "Kindergarten itself is a German invention, and the first kindergartens opened in the United States were by German immigrants. They adopted the ideas of educational theorist Friedrich Froebel, who opened the first kindergarten in the world in 1837 in Blankenburg,"
Our cottage has an ugly green utility box right in front of it -- I wonder if those kids would like to come and paint it for me ;)))~ .... Those two cousins of Henry -- the daddy and the baby both -- are handsome lions!!
Nicole, yes, we have pre-kindergarten here, too. How can you give your baby away like this I´ll never understand (my Nieces attended, too). Yes. Kinder = children :-)
____
Sallie, if I could I´d send them over for the job!
____
RedPat, funny with the Kindergarten. Doo you say Gesundheit, when someone sneezes?
28 comments:
Very cool boxes. We call it Kindy here too.
Very nice and cute utility boxes at kindy. Love the lion and its cub. The love of a father for his child. Have a great week.
Amy, in German it´s the whole word, Kindergarten - we are so boring.
____
Nancy, yes, the love to a child 😍
To a great week.
I'm glad I read the comments. We call it Kindergarten in the states, too. Now I u8nderstand. Love those cute utility boxes. They are adorable. And that Henry is so uniquely different. Tenderness for his young child.
It's Kindy here in Australia too. Love the lion with the cub.
It's Scuola Materna in Italy and sometimes we also find the word in English (Kindergarten).
Beautiful Lion!
Elizabeth, I thought it´s called kindy everywhere, but, noooo, the Aussies again, LOL.
Yes. Ingo doesn´t like these screenshots, but these days... where do you go?
____
River, I stole this from you! :-) Here we really do say Kindergarten.
And if I asked for example my brother to call a sparky, he´d had no idea.
____
Black Knight, I remember a yellow bus saying "Scuola" when we were in your beautiful country (while I type I listen to Adriano Celentano, as I´m cooking (taking a short break).
I never heard the term Kindy, but this art is very appealing,
Crazy. And I thought that´s the normal term in any English-spoken country! I learn something new every day, LOL.
I like the mural boxes.
Cute mural. I see a bit of a mushroom off to the left. We had such mushrooms growing all over the woods around our house in Fairbanks in the autumn.
...utility bixes are the new street canvases for artists! Hi to Henry and the little one.
William, well. It´s kindy...
____
Shari, here they "bring luck" :-)
____
Tom, yes, great, isn´t it? Those boring, grey things get fun!
Here it's kindergarten though with a Boston accent it sounds more like Kinniegahten. Cute gnomes/elves on the utility boxes. Awww, and Henry with Klein Henry.
Kinniegahten, I´ll know if I can ever come visit - though even little Niece now is in school! Yes, Henry is a sweet man.
What a cheerful way to decorate the utility boxes! I like that a lot!
Cute signs. Love how you find them somewhere somehow. LOL.
Jeanie, yes, it makes life much less boring :-)
____
gigi, yes, once you start you see them everywhere!
I like those mini murals on the boxes, they're cute. Never heard Kindy before until today. Another new thing learned today. :)
I´m sorry! I really, really thought all English-speaking countries say "kindy"! LOL.
Those Aussies...!
Nice utility box decor. I have a few more in mind to photograph soon. At first when I read your blog post, I though Kindy was another one of the German supermarket chains, but learned differently in the comments. The reason why it's called Kindergarten is that the English language adopted the word with the thing itself; that is, German educators invented Kindergarten and Americans (and other anglophones) used the German idea. From google: "Kindergarten itself is a German invention, and the first kindergartens opened in the United States were by German immigrants. They adopted the ideas of educational theorist Friedrich Froebel, who opened the first kindergarten in the world in 1837 in Blankenburg,"
Best,,, mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Mae, oh! Another lesson - I didn´t know all this
Thank you!
Isn´t this too crazy!
We now have pre kindergarten and then kindergarten in the states. Interesting that is a German word.
Our cottage has an ugly green utility box right in front of it -- I wonder if those kids would like to come and paint it for me ;)))~ .... Those two cousins of Henry -- the daddy and the baby both -- are handsome lions!!
Sweet Henry today! It is kindergarten here too.
How, how, how?!!
All the cuteness? How do you find them all? 😁
Have a lovely week, Iris. :)
Nicole, yes, we have pre-kindergarten here, too. How can you give your baby away like this I´ll never understand (my Nieces attended, too).
Yes. Kinder = children :-)
____
Sallie, if I could I´d send them over for the job!
____
RedPat, funny with the Kindergarten. Doo you say Gesundheit, when someone sneezes?
____
dee Nambiar, I just walk with eyes open :-)
These are cute Iris. We use the term Kindy in Australia. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.
Post a Comment