it's great when the rain comes down just in time, but I think for the trees they need it more often. Your trees are not used to drought. I love the sunflowers, I have seeds to plant in the spring, for Ukraine. I hope their independence day is peaceful.
Yes, the US asked citizens who visit/live in Ukraine to leave now. How sad is that!! Was in the news here yesterday. I hope your sunflowers will grow "in peace" and reconstruction, however long that might take...
The city and it´s people do their best for the trees and plants. Oh, but I enjoy this summer so much (sorry, trees).
That note on our friend, the tree, is super touching! I really find these simple and cute things very deep and touching! Super love seeing the Sunflower, it's my mom's favorite flower so whenever I see one even through photos, it reminds me that she is with me :)
Thank you for these beautiful things dearest Iris! I got a day at work sarting now and you helped me have a good beginning!
Dearest Stevenson, you are welcome - to a great working day! My Dad´s fav flowers were sunflowers, too. His coffin was covered in mini-sunflowers. Weather again hot and dry - poor trees! But.. I love this weather. And I reckon there are enough people who help flowers and trees :-)
rees are thirsty. It's the same here, too. No rain and our trees are suffering from the extreme heat. Great signs, though and, like you, I love sunflowers. They are my state flower!
Our trees are thirsty too. If only we had more rain. Trees drink a lot of water for photosynthesis. You should look up how much-I can’t remember the actual amount- but it is a lot. I’m glad you had a lot of rain. And you should link your drawing up to Try It On Tuesday. Nothing is too simple. And you don’t have to wait until Tuesday either. 😀👍 have a great middle Of the week Iris. HugsErika
Elizabeth, your state flower, how beautiful. I think we only have Henry...
____
Erika,the city and it´s people help with the trees :-) Let´s see, maybe I find time today - somehow I run out of motives anyway! To a great rest of the week 😘
Beautiful post Iris, I am always thankful the rain--I needed to water my flowers yesterday morning early. Loved seeing you sunflower-I need to grow some of those next year
We had a lot of rain finally on Monday so all the trees and plants are looking happier. Many trees seem to be dropping leaves since it has been so dry here too.
25 comments:
it's great when the rain comes down just in time, but I think for the trees they need it more often. Your trees are not used to drought. I love the sunflowers, I have seeds to plant in the spring, for Ukraine. I hope their independence day is peaceful.
Yes, the US asked citizens who visit/live in Ukraine to leave now. How sad is that!! Was in the news here yesterday.
I hope your sunflowers will grow "in peace" and reconstruction, however long that might take...
The city and it´s people do their best for the trees and plants. Oh, but I enjoy this summer so much (sorry, trees).
That note on our friend, the tree, is super touching! I really find these simple and cute things very deep and touching! Super love seeing the Sunflower, it's my mom's favorite flower so whenever I see one even through photos, it reminds me that she is with me :)
Thank you for these beautiful things dearest Iris! I got a day at work sarting now and you helped me have a good beginning!
Dearest Stevenson, you are welcome - to a great working day!
My Dad´s fav flowers were sunflowers, too.
His coffin was covered in mini-sunflowers.
Weather again hot and dry - poor trees! But.. I love this weather. And I reckon there are enough people who help flowers and trees :-)
rees are thirsty. It's the same here, too. No rain and our trees are suffering from the extreme heat. Great signs, though and, like you, I love sunflowers. They are my state flower!
That should have read "Sorry to read your trees are thirsty."
Our trees are thirsty too. If only we had more rain. Trees drink a lot of water for photosynthesis. You should look up how much-I can’t remember the actual amount- but it is a lot. I’m glad you had a lot of rain. And you should link your drawing up to Try It On Tuesday. Nothing is too simple. And you don’t have to wait until Tuesday either. 😀👍 have a great middle Of the week Iris. HugsErika
Elizabeth, your state flower, how beautiful. I think we only have Henry...
____
Erika,the city and it´s people help with the trees :-)
Let´s see, maybe I find time today - somehow I run out of motives anyway! To a great rest of the week 😘
Your sunflowers are gorgeous! Enjoy your balcony time!
Love the sunflowers! Our balcony gets too hot, I've given up on growing anything other than geraniums.
CJ, will do :-)
____
Jackie, that´s sad... for the flowers, not for us humans :-)
Beautiful post Iris, I am always thankful the rain--I needed to water my flowers yesterday morning early. Loved seeing you sunflower-I need to grow some of those next year
So lovely that your sunflowers are blooming Iris :)
Kathy, yes, to both!
____
Sami, it took them forever!
A moving sign for sure. Have a lovely day, Iris.
Delightful Sunflowers In Their Many Stages - The Sip Shot Is Way Cool
Be Well,
Cheers
We had a lot of rain finally on Monday so all the trees and plants are looking happier. Many trees seem to be dropping leaves since it has been so dry here too.
You are a good gardener. I love your sunflowers. We all pray for peace. Gigi hawaii
Nicole, yes! And to a nice day!
____
Padre, Henry says thanks - as do the flowers! Cheers!
____
RedPat, what a summer, huh!
____
gigi, thank you - and to peace ... SOON!
Crazy weather, but hopefully all the trees survive. Loved your comment about chaos if we all got to choose when the seasons changed :)
Margaret, here it would be summer ALWAYS! ;-)
The rain is welcome.
Love your sunflowers! So cheery. Today is the six month anniversary of the Ukraine invasion -- it's a wonderful day to share them.
Bright and beautiful sunflowers!
William, always!
____
Jeanie, yes, I sure wish them peace - and lots of sunflowers next year.
____
magiceye, they give their best!
Post a Comment