The journal, if you care:
Monday: It was so dry trees wore post-it´s to ask for water (I sadly had none).
Later we had the most beautiful, strong rain!
Tuesday: Proofreader W called me in despair. He needed to get it all out!!! That translation company is crap!
The Intranet-page told me Alstom builds a train-line in Perth. Oh, if only I could work there...
The first sunflower - thanks to the wonderful Monday rain? - suddenly was in full bloom!
Wednesday: I enjoyed Ingo´s flower-bouquet at work.
My computer glasses "broke", Ingo fixed them and actually I was asked to come Thursday morno to Bro´s place, have quality-time with him and his kids, aka my Nieces, later go to his shop, where Ingo would join and we both get new glasses and Ingo certainly´d take me home by car - no two darn train rides.
I asked customer and boss and despite on short notice, they agreed.
Then Bro said he "has no time". I have a thought about who took away that time.
I was so darn hurt.
Explained to teamleader N I will be there on Thursday and he heard I am sad, boy, did he "wash my head"!
German for... giving advice - we talked 1 1/2 hours (I did not count as work-time).
He had very good advice, we´ve been on the same road, and I will (try and) take consequences.
We are adults, no more little-Brother-bonus.
Thursday: Hot, hot, hot, balcony-time after work and Ingo brought in snail- butterfly-mail in from dear Kathy!
Friday: Summer is really great this year and there is so much yummy summer-food!
Really, I cannot remember a summer this hot and wonderful!
The
"please with whipped cream" refers to Udo Jürgens who wrote and sang a
song about old ladies meeting on a regular basis in a café and always
ordered their cakes with whipped cream. Great thought, actually (if you don´t count the consequenses of having too much, as with everything).
We even went to one of his concerts, if you like you can see us dressed up here.
Sad "side-note": Ingo felt like gusto for Greek food.
Called and I wondered what took him so long. The owner was sad. A traditional restaurant and they have to close.
First Corinna, now "Put#n", our politicians make the world not go round but down....
And even weirder. Going through my pics from July I found the bag, that made me remember of a holiday in Greece - Ingo only read it the next day.
Weekend:
Saturday: We saw the city from hiiiiiigh up, pics are to come, sneak peek here.
Sunday I saw a sadly too short docu on how orang-utan kids may be afraid of heights, a sheep can take care of rhino babies and an elephant baby can take care of a sad human, making jokes for him, cuddling him.
And certainly Die Maus and a wonderful fairy tale, right after calling Niece on her 12th Birthday.
Food-wise:
And a bit of "art":
Another bird-house, entrance to the left and since no birds want to live in these this one sits inside to not get as weather-beaten as the two balcony-ones...
Well, for the sketching it did sit outside. I really do enjoy listening to Cuban music with the Bose and doodle on the balcony.
Strange enough I am the only one outside!!!!
Last summers were awful with kids yelling like crazy nonstop for hours in neighbor´s garden (right in front our balcony) - now... nothing!
I have nothing against kids having fun, btw - but not that loud over hours with houses all around trippling the sound. And a park with playground no 5 minutes to walk from here!
So... I am glad I have my silent-/music-time for myself 😀🌞⛱
Henry 🦁
Happy T-Day!











30 comments:
That's a sad story, the one with your brother. Nice if someone is there for you
Hooray for rain for the trees :)
Sorry your brother didn't have time, didn't get new glasses?
I like the Surf Shop birdhouse drawing.
When I am old I will always have my cakes with whipped cream too.
Bertiebo, yes. Priorities, huh...
____
River, yes, the rain was very welcomed! So nice!
No, no glasses, esp. not got to see family.
Thank you the sketching really is fun :-)
Don´t take too much whipped cream, LOL. But yes, the strawberries were really better with!
Dear Iris!!! You really are an artist! the way you work with colors on your journal entries, oh so beautiful and lively!!! I also started to journal two weeks ago but mainly just writing and writing about my day to help ease out my anxiety and its working well but I really hope I can make it colorful too! I'll try haha So you use crayons or oil pastel? I super love that strawberry and melon on the 19th day!
Hope the rain is beautiful out there! I love the rain so much too it makes me not use the AC on summer days like now although the typhoon that is entering today is a very strong one and I pray for the people in the North that they will not be devastated.
Sending you hugs dearest Iris!!!
Dearest Stevenson, great you started journaling, too - it helps so much reflecting the days!
Well, "artist", LOL. But - you are right: One gets better with practice!
Goo for it - I use crayons. I have watercolors, but cannot make myself try - too difficult!
Ingo also bought me oil pastel, but... crayons come in easier for me.
Coal is good, too, for bigger works. When studying we had figure painting. 60-90 seconds per pose - they are ideal for that, they lay easy in the hand.
The rain was but one day, but it was beautiful indeed - hope you are safe over there!
Typhoon is such a scary word!
Big hugs from here, keep the journal going - and maybe share when adding drawings?
...Iris, your brother sounds quite a disappointment!
Sometimes, family sux, and there are other optometrists/opticians. Just a thought. Another busy week. You would have loved the day we had on Monday. We've been in a drought, but we got some much needed rain all afternoon. It makes such a nice sound on the sunroom roof. Head washing? Kopfwaschen? Kopfsaubergemacht? I love your little drawing. Enjoy your balcony time. Happy T Day
CJ, sadly I think none optometrist here will be as good as
he is... but, yes. If I wanted to see the children, make some yourself (too late now ;-)...)
Yes, rain is the best -* after the sun :-)
Kopf waschen. That he sure did.
Still it´s sad my SIL always wins.
Off to the balcony in a couple of hours!
Good morning Iris, you find the neatest beverages-this one sounds good and love the can too.
Family members can be a real pain. My brother was always a "handful" now he no longer speaks to me-pretty crazy He still lives in my home state Indiana but he doesn't want me calling him-okkkk what ever Life is too short to stress over it.
same with Larry's sister.
Your art in the journal pages is getting better and better-I love seeing it Hugs to you and Henry (if Henry likes hugs)
Happy T-day, Iris.
The pizza and that drink in your first picture both look fabulous.
Journal from the week shows fun high points and a few sad points - sorry for the sad points and the hurt.
That bird house is amazing and so detailed. Wow. You are geting very good!
Hoping for all fun stuff this next week!
Hugz
Your journal page of the team leader washing your head made me laugh. And we finally have rain now too, 2 days of it. You would be happy Iris. I am happy because we really need the rain and the clouds are good for some art time. And what a great surf shop Iris. You really draw amazingly. You even added the seagull. I love it. Hope your pizza was delicious and that you have a great T day. hugs-Erika
We finally had some rain yesterday. Family are a pain in the butt.
Your birdhouse sketch is adorable.
Such a fabulous post! Loving your calender pages, rain and balcony time what could be better! The pizza looks amazing - yum 😊. Sorry I don't have too much time to visit today but I wanted to stop by say "roar" to Henry and to wish you a Happy T Day! Hugs
Your team leader sounds like a really good person. I'm glad you had a good talk. Sorry about the visit but hope you got wonderful new glasses out of the deal. I love summer, too -- yours is hotter than ours and I'd like that. But I'll take it any old way!
Tom, I think it´s his wife who interferes - she does not like me.
____
Kathy, yes, it´s so fun to try out new drinks!
See, yes, that is what I fear, too - total loss of contact.
Thank you and I bet Henry loves hugs! And gives them back!
____
Nancy, thank you, well, if life was too perfect we would get bored (or rather not!).
The bird house was fun - to more of that - sun is shining and it´t HOT, yippeeee. Hugz
____
Erika, N meant well, I hope I can follow his advice.
Thank you - the seagull is really there!! Pizza was yum and is gone - lasted two days - hugs!
____
Jackie, thank you to the latter, yes to the first (sometimes).
____
Jo, thank you for stopping by, have the same problem - Henry happily roars back! Hugs!
____
Jeanie, no glasses. Still the ones glued by Ingo, not even a WhatsApp by Bro despite I asked for another date.
Very sad. Reckon my teamleader is right.
Yes, another hot summer day!!!! So wonderful - now I´d only need to live by a lake!
Hi Iris. What a lovely post. I really do like seeing how your journal your days. That drinks sounds soooo good. Also that pizza! You know me pizza anytime. LOL Have a very nice day today.
Balcony time sounds nice. The pizza looks tasty. Family can sometimes disappoint :(
Happy T Tuesday!
Als Kind war ich ein großer Udo Jürgens fan, habe ihn allerdings nie im Konzert gesehen. Was ist das mit Brüdern? Meiner kann auch so ein Mistkerl sein; ich hab's inzwischen aufgegeben (lange Geschichte). Wieder sehr schöne und interessante Seiten aus deinem Journal - "jemandem den Kopf waschen" habe ich lange nicht mehr gehört. Gute Sache, dass da jemand war, der sich Zeit für dich genommen hat.
I always LOVE your calendar pages. That flower is gorgeous. You drew it beautifully. Love the sunflower, too.
Your brother is a JERK. You can tell him I said so!
Your pizza looks wonderful. And of course, i love the palm beach watermelon, ginger, and lime drink you shared this week, dear.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful calendar, your drawings, and your palm beach drink with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.
Yayyy! Thank you so much for the tips Iris! To be honest you inspired me to use some of the markers I have here and glad they are still not dried up and I added some color to my pages. I definitely will share some of my pages soon :)
By the way dear Iris, I changed the URL to my blog. instead of www.stevensonque its now blog.stevensonque just thought Id give a heads up so you guys wont lose me <3
That drink sure looks refreshing and you know i always love your artjournaling.. Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb
Summer is really almost over: it's good that you are enjoying some of the good weather times. I hope you sort things out with your brother.
best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Nicole, thank you - there will never be a day I´ll say no to Pizza, either :-)
____
Divers and Sundry, yes, to all three - to the point... And yet to happy!
____
Carola, es ist seine Frau, da bin ich mir zemlich sicher. Sie mag mich nicht (das ist untertrieben).
Unter dem Scheffel stehen kommt zum Sinn... ich weiß nicht weiter und werde ggf aufgeben.
Jaa, dieser Teamleiter ist toll (der andere auch).
____
Elizabeth, to flowers and I think it´s my SIL who interfered again. She always wins. She does not like me.
Thank you I had lime-beer today, as refreshingg on another superwarm, happy day!
____
Dearest Sevenson, I´m looking forward to your pages, yippeeee!
An you´re always welcome.
Really - without bloggy-friends who built me up, who knows where I´d ended up...
Thank you - I sure don´t wanna loose you!!! The address kinda stayed the same, phew! <3
____
deb, The drink was YUM - and thank you :-)
____
Mae, yes to both...
Yum that pizza looks good. It sounds like you have a good relationship with your brother anyway despite his lack of time. Im the same, I get on better with my brother vs my sister.
Except for your brother everything sounds good for you right now, Iris. I enjoy sitting on my deck in the sunshine and hate to think of winter coming. Love the journal pages.
The pizza looks good.
The pizza looks amazing as does the flavor combo in your drink. Yes, a beach would be nice right about now.
Loving your journaling this week especially the melon and strawberries(?) on the balcony. I could drink whipped cream. Is that a thing?
Sorry about the disappoint with your brother. That would have been a fun outing to look forward too.
Have a great week, Iris.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate
The pizza looks delish! I love your journal pages as always, and especially your surf shop - awesome! We have been having mega rain over here all week, non-stop, it does sound good though and the garden is happy. After years of quiet, we have noisy children in the street, it makes my head want to explode lol but hey now it's raining so they are inside their houses :) Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx
I am sorry about it not working out with your brother. My sister and I rarely see or talk to each other. I am not sure why, that is just how it has worked out as she lives quite a way from us. I always feel bad that we are not closer. Great journaling, and your pizza looks yummy. Happy T Day.
Amy, I have but this brother, it´s sad, it´s but 60 km...
The pizza da Guido s always good :-)
____
RedPat, yes, everything else is good - but the thought of summer being over too soon!
____
William, always is!
____
Kate, yes, they were strawberries! ;-)
Yes, I am very disappointed. Next time holidays are over (if there is a next time) and I likely won´t see the Nieces.
____
Elle, the pizza guys are from Sicily - a guarant for yum!
Thank you, the bird house was fun to sketch - argh, to noisy kids - we were not allowed this back then.
____
Sharon, yes, it is very sad. We are not far away from each other, some 60km.
At least I had pizza ;-)
Post a Comment