Friday, August 19, 2022

FFO & Good Things & Smiles

 
 
Another wonderful summer day here!
 
 
Time for some fun huh? 
I´d like to join Nicole´s FFO with this today hence:

 
Do animal´s faces count as faces, I reckon, huh?
This cow is a bit shy... hence only soft black and white.
This carousel is a music box I have.
No cow, though (other than.. I have one.. porcelain! Sketch to come).
 
The carousel shows my life pretty well.
Ups and downs, as we all have.
 
I´d also like to join CJ with the Friday 5 good things.
 
 
#1 Best job ever. Hard, difficult, but great, wonderful colleagues. 
I hope I keep it!!! Not only does my contract end officially in September but the project itself is at stake - please wish me luck.
 
#2 Best summer in years!!!!
 
#3 Apart from getting older-stuff we´re healthy (maybe this should be #1)
 
#4 I am happy!
I enjoy doodling, cooking, baking. (should this be #1 or #2?) 

#5... well, Life is good!!!!
We do not travel but friends from as far as Perth, Western Australia, took their time to meet with us.
I am content. My back hurts, but, aw, well. All in all I´m GOOD!!!

Maybe even good enough for Friday Smiles?
 
Henry 🦁


The good life - enjoy as long as you can!
(I have a happy face and big smile today)



31 comments:

Annie said...

Welcome. I love it when new folk join in the fun and you certainly have lots to make you smile....thanks for sharing with us.
Hugs,
Annie x

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, it´s fun to connect - and get motivated, too! And what better is there than smiles! Hugs back! x

sirkkis said...

Joyful photos, a beautiful city!
Your painting is fun and beautiful, too!!
Enjoy a weekend xx

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, Braunschweig is my "new" home since 2001 and I love it (I loved it before!)
To a great weekend soon xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How nice the city allows water for people to play in when there is such a drought everywhere.

LOVE the carousel. It is wonderful. And I love your drawing, too.

Good luck with the job.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, yes, Braunschweig sometimes is really great :-)
Also thank you, although the carousel came out wonky... maybe for a reason ;-)
I can need all the luck!!!

Lisca said...

What a happy, positive post! Makes me smile just reading it.
Then I see the lovely carousel and the Mooo. Also the fountain in Braunschweig. Yes, life is good.
I do think health should be number one, but having a job and nice colleagues is also important (for your mental health).
I'm glad you are happy!
Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Lisca, love to make others smile!
And you are right with everything.
I should do #1a, #1b! And find more good things - and I even could!
A happy weekend to you, too! Hugs

Anonymous said...

L:oved your post Iris, so happy to read you are getting summer weather this week-and a little pool to play in-how fun for everyone-loving that.
Loving your sketch too and Henry has me smiling hugs

Iris Flavia said...

Kathy, thank you - well I won´t join the kid but if it wasn´t for the glasses might walk right under the fountain!
Henry says hi, too, and hugs!

mamapez5 said...

It is lovely to see a new face over at Annie's Friday Smiles. Your town looks a beautiful place to be in Summer. I am glad you have so many things to smile about. Keeping a positive attitude is half the battle in this life, so keep smiling and join us again. Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Kate! x

Tom said...

...summer looks fabulous in Braunschweig, enjoy it!

Gene Black said...

I think animal faces count. I love your cow and the five things.

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, thank you, will do!
__

Gene, thank you. Those are supposed to be horses, LOL.

Nancy Chan said...

Nice to see people relaxing and having some summer fun. Henry is enjoying himself.

CJ Kennedy said...

Cow faces count. I like your Friday Five Good Things. For #1: Hals und Beinbruch. 🍀🍄🎩🐷 It would be fun to run through the fountain/splash pad. Enjoy your beautiful Summer day!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi, nice to meet you here at Annies. Great photographs and it looks like a lovely place. Happy Friday with lots more smiles. Angela xXx

Iris Flavia said...

Nancy, yes to both :-)

____

CJ, thank you!!! I hope for health, though (don´t you say that just for skiing?).
Yes, glasses off and enjoy the water - maybe I will do that!!

____

Angela, it is a nice city indeed! Come visit us! xXx

magiceye said...

Loved all the captures!

DVArtist said...

It's a happy smiley Friday for sure. I love the FFO cow face and drawing. Have a wonderful day today, Iris and thanks for joining Friday Face Off.

RedPat said...

It is so nice to read that you are happy Iris. Enjoy it every day. ;-)

Carola Bartz said...

Das sind fünf gute Gründe, zufrieden und sogar glücklich zu sein. Ich wünsche dir sehr, dass du diesen Job behalten kannst!

Iris Flavia said...

magiceye, thank you!

_____

Nicole, thank you for hosting and making me go on tto try with faces! To a great day!

_____

Redpat, thank you, to hapiness, for all of us :-)

____

Carola, danke, ja, das wäre zu schön!!!

gigi-hawaii said...

Again, my comment did not go through. I am using a different browser this time, hope it goes through. Anyway, the water scenes look so nice in your city. And good luck with job retention.

William Kendall said...

A very relaxed Henry.

Iris Flavia said...

He found his toes!!!

Gillena Cox said...

Fun face. Mo[oo]oo

Have a nice weekend

Much💖love

Christine said...

Summer fun!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Sound like a great summer.
Coffee is on and stay safe

EricaSta said...

Thank you for sharing. Your drawing is wonderful.