Friday, December 01, 2023

FFO And Smiles "For You"

 
 

With this baby-dragon I join Nicole´s FFO, hope you have a wonderful advent-time!
 
I just love the following two, this made me smile big and hence I join Annie´s Smiles, too!
Jamie Oliver and Gennaro Contaldo helped me big to learn and enjoy cooking and baking and it is so sweet how they are best pals!
 

In case you don´t like them or just aren´t into "cuisine-stuff", here are some funnies:

Only 62 days till we´ll buy... formerly known as Coon, now Cheer at our Wollies in Kingsway City! Hmmmm, can´t wait and no - I tried many a cheese nothing is like Coon Cheer!
Thankfully! This way it stays special!
AND!!!! OHHHH! Just saw... huhhhh, calm down... they have a GRILL´D!!! 

 
YUM times ahead INSTANTLY! (insert another BIG smile)
 
 
Do you watch?
My Dad got the Christmas tree only  shortly before Christmas.
Germans usually throw it out January 6th, I think.
Ours lived with us as long as possible - how about your family tradition?
Ingo and I had one real tree once, George, see here, it was so wonderful!
 

 Tempting idea, no?


And finally:


And, well. 
December 1st!!!

Let us have a great month, here it looks like this:




 Henry 🦁


This is Baby Henry, greeting my friend K and me in Zoo Hanover this Wednesday with this sweet smile!!!
It was really frickin´ cold (note the snow!) but the zoo-staff was so clever to put a permanent warm blanket outside. More to come!!!



 

22 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy advent to you, too, little dragon.

Your funnies were great. Love the Picard one.

I wanted to tell you, I was going to leave you a comment on your T Tuesday post, but was afraid you wouldn't see it.

Iris Flavia said...

Little dragon says thank you :-)
Yes, Picard is always fun.

Why did you think I would not see your comment?

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Your little dragon is adorable and a great start to advent. I enjoyed watching the Pizza prep. nothing like the real thing. Loving the funnies and the Christmas tree, for us it is always an artificial one but I'm glad as my friend last year had a live one and when they came back from visiting family their sitting room was full of bugs from the tree!!!! Take care and have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Happy Advent to you too. I love the happy dragon.
I have an artificial tree which cover with ornaments that all have a sentimental value. Normally it would go up today and stay until 6th Jan, but I will need a lot of help this year. Kate X

Iris Flavia said...

Angela, the dragon says thank you :-)
Oh, what a horror you friend came home to!
The one we found a couple of years ago lived on the balcony - and if we find another it sure will live there again! Hugs xXx

____

Kate, thank you. Love the idea with the meaningful ornaments! In my parent´s home it was always the same boring ones.
Hope you get help and share the result! x

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Awwww, your baby dragon looks so cute and festive!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, was also fun to sketch :-)

My name is Erika. said...

That is the cutest little holiday dragon ever. Nice art Iris. And your Star Trek painted chair mem made me smile. Those Star Trek memes are always so dry but humorous. Have a super FRiday and enjoy the owl book. hugs-Erika

RedPat said...

Love your little drawing, Iris.
I put up a small tree with special decorations from my mum and some we have collected.

Iris Flavia said...

Erika, thank you, it was fun to sketch, too. Yes, love the Trek-jokes, too - to a great Friday, hugs!
I somehow atm only read when in "waiting-line", it´s awful!
____

RedPat, thank you. That´s nice you have decorations from your Mum!
My parents only had the standard, nothing special, nothing to remember.

Annie said...

I love your little dragon....if I was to collect anything it would be dragons [I just dont like dusting though :-) ].
Hugs,
Annie x

Christine said...

Cute art! Enjoyed the funnies. Love Jamie Oliver.

gigi-hawaii said...

That Star Trek joke made me laugh. I wasn't expecting that ending. As for Xmas trees, we don't put one up anymore. Too much work.

Lisca said...

Hello little dragon! Happy advent to you too.
Jamie Oliver is amazing. I have all his books and I like the way he cooks. It reminds me of Italy (That is where he learnt it I'm sure, with his friend Gennaro)
I had a proper giggle with the funnies.
Changing the name Coon (It's the inventor's name) is ridiculous! It has nothing to do with racism. It's a surname. Some people are so easily offended.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

DVArtist said...

I love your happy art today and all the funnies. We don't celebrate Christmas, haven't for decades. No particular reason, we just don't. Thank you for joining FFO and have a very nice weekend.

Bill said...

The little dragon is ready to go and very festive looking. Your funnies are funny. :)

Iris Flavia said...

Annie, LOL, I am so with you - eeek for dusting! Hugs x

____

Christine, thank you - who does not love Jamie Oliver.

____

gigi, mission fulfilled with the laugh and nope, no tree up anymore here, either.

____

Lisca, little dragon says thank you!
Jamie, yes, Gennaro was his teacher and I have many of his books, too - just... I don´t need them anymore - he taught me too well!
I am SO with you with Coon! Here they discussed if we are allowed to say Zigeunersoße (gipsy-sauce) and we are definitively not allowed for Negerkuss. It´s "Schaumkuss" now.
Anyhows, glad we still have the cheese and all per se - to a lovely weekend, hugs

____

Nicole, glad you like it all :-)
No tree since ... George Bailey (that was his name)... 2012 - to a nice weekend, keep healing!

____

Bill, I think this was a success then! :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your little dragon.

Wishing you a happy month of December.

All the best Jan

magiceye said...

Some of the funnies are hilarious! Thanks for a funny start to the weekend!

CJ Kennedy said...

Your Baby Dragon is adorable. Growing up, we had an artificial silver, tinsel Christmas tree with fuchsia ornaments. No lights though Dad had a spotlight with a plastic shield divided into quarters and each quarter a different color. Red, blue, green, and yellow. It made the house look like a drug den. 😺 The tree went up in the middle of December and promptly came down on Jan. 1. I start cleaning and decorating my house on Dec. 1. Little by little. Tablecloth, curtains, candles in the window, wreath on the door. Somewhere towards the 2nd week, the little tree goes up. It was stay up until 3 Kings' Day. I want to dream of going away to the beach, too.

River said...

The December cat looks so much like my long-lost Angel :)
I like the story of George and he looks so nice with the ornaments and lights.

Iris Flavia said...

Jan, thank you and the same to you.

____

magiceye, you are very welcome! :-)

____

CJ, thank you. Oh, I really try to imagine your drug den - too funny!
Decorating bit by bit sounds like steady fun!.
Beach: Soon!

____

River, your Angel was a beautiful cat then.
Yes, George was special. Even years later I still found needles in the hall!
Sad it was so cold he froze to death in the little pot...