Tuesday, December 26, 2023

T Stands For These Ravens

 

This was the last bit of the Baked Apple Dresdner Striezel together with - Ingo bought, did not like, but I love it - baked apple mulled wine! With the latter I join Elizabeth´s T!
I certainly took just a bit - it warms you through but too much is not good!  
 
The journal: 


Monday: BOY!!! Still pitch dark, Raven #1 starts the noise. Unheard, but by me (I hope).
Then #2 joins in, what a noise.
Peanut, I think, stole the high-quality bird food.
I give him/them walnuts every day!!!! For crying out loud.
 
Met a new colleague - great guy.
Hey, we have 450 peeps... I´m on my way! 
 

Tuesday: We´re all working low, most are on holidays already.


Wednesday: Ingo´s last work-day. Means: I can cuddle up at nights!
Chatting with admin T about my halfbike to arrive. 
He told me not to let Ingo drive it!!! As Ingo is much taller and hence heavier. They didn´t say that in their description (I needed to give height and weight).


Thursday: Craziest weather. I thought the tree by the window will take off.
Christmas Market closed due to thunderstorms and Ingo came home from grocery shopping on foot just before - heaviest rain, storm, thunder!!
Door-bell!!! Poor postie brought my halfbike. He said not to worry he´s done for the work day soon.
Drama to assemble that thing, BIG drama, but Ingo got it done. 
Now I wait for better weather...


Friday: K picked me up, which I am thankful for as I had to take my Granpa with me.
We found free workplaces, but I really have a Granpa (name given by admin T)... not able to connect "him" (Lenovo-laptop) to the two monitors provided.
But the Polish colleague had invited and talked over an hour. I am convinced now he breathes through his ears. He talks nonstop, I always get breathless just listening. 
At least I now know what "Ässe" means. "ESE", our company-name!!!

As Polish-K did not stop talking "East-German"-K got me a Latte macchiato. (Post on the EAST is on the way, Erika).
Said, "I have another meeting now, actually" to stop him. Dumb me´d let M know it will be a brekkie - she said, "Good yum!  😉" (I think she is my boss for now... duuuuhhh).

Well, then the Christmas-brekkie, all supernice colleagues! K got me a whole breadroll, cut in halves (we all had but one knife for that - we were about 12 peeps around one small table!!).
If I only want the one half? "Yes, but I´d like to try that Turkish roll over there", I answered, colleague to the other side, to the next one, "can you hand the plate over, please?", and presented it to me!
I call that teamwork, or friendliness!!! 🥰
The vegan meat and egg... Boss wants "bigger ones" 🤣 It was a salad, too...

New colleague popped in and asked for our names. LOL. Forget about that. She "got" the German ones (she is German), but the others? Not a chance, me, neither.
All I got one is from Kazakhstan, a Jew, the other didn´t say, but he´s a Muslim and they were chatting side by side, even about religion and food. One from India and on it went.

We are a cool bunch, I hope they keep me!
Went to the city to take pics and bought sausages.
Rain and heavy wind - GACK!


Weekend: Saturday: Ingo got goose, but it was too frozen so again we had horse-sausages.
Later Ingo "forced" me to watch a docu on the Indian Pacific (which we will ride from Adelaide to B > Perth - and hopefully meet fellow blogger River!!!).
I think I will grin a lot - we drove that by car already.
And weeeee... maybe I can have a look at the technical details saying ALSTOM! Deutsche Bahn!!!! Wish me luck! That would be so awesome!!!!

Sunday: Got up early - Santa certainly was not there! 😉 (Ingo snored and I wanted him to sleep in).
 
Munch-wise:
 
 
I must admit. Mom did a better job (but this was Ingo´s first).
As I was not allowed in the kitchen back in the day I only heard every 10 minutes that she has to pour sugar-water over the (poor bird) goose. 
It was delicious!!! And in my memory the meat was white like chicken!
 
Henry (´s wife)🦁
 
 
I cannot believe Christmas will be over! Yesterday big Niece called, reckon Bro today.
(I never know when the time is right, so I just WhatsApp - YAY to technology!!!!)
If you cannot visit yours either I hope you, too, get such nice calls! 
 

 

 

19 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Good to see you enjoying some festivities!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, it was great fun!

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous post and that goose looks delicious 😊. Wishing you peace, joy and happiness this Christmas time ❤️. Roar to Henry and Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Anonymous said...

Good morning, I enjoy your reading about your week through your journal pages. I have not made a goose before but I know they can be very greasy so was told to bake them on a rack in the pan.
Must be nice to have Ingo off work for a bit. Enjoy your Christmas time leading up to the new year.
Hugs from the Lake Kathy

Tom said...

...I love Christmas and it seemed to go by in a flash this year. Cuddle up and stay warm.

My name is Erika. said...

I've never had Christmas goose before. I actually had my first duck when I went to Iceland. I like how you drew the goose on Ingo's shoulder. And isn't it funny how some people can talk and talk. I'm told I talk a lot, but nothing like a couple of friends where I can barely get a word in edgewise. I guess I don't talk a lot-hee hee. It sounds like you had a nice holiday. And I hope your T day is going well also. How many days until you leave for your trip? You must be counting down and getting excited. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

What a festive season! I've never had goose. I'd love to try it sometime. Your upcoming trip sounds wonderful. Happy T Tuesday!

RedPat said...

I don't think that I have ever eaten goose but I think of it as greasy. Love the journal pages as usual, Iris.

DVArtist said...

Really a nice post. Ohh breathing through his ears, that cracked me up. I have only eaten goose once and it was really good. Yours looks delicious. Have a wonderful day.

Bill said...

Never had a goose for a meal. Nice calendar art as usual. Have a wonderful evening, Iris.

CJ Kennedy said...

Roast goose is delicious and yours looks so good! Happy T Day

pearshapedcrafting said...

Good that you had a little less busy week but you still did a lot! My Mum cooked goose for Christmas Day when I was little, none of us liked it ! Happy T Day, Chrisx

Carola Bartz said...

Gans zu Weihnachten ist ganz traditionell. Ich erinnere mich, dass meine Mutter das mal machte und sich hinterher über all das Fett in der Küche aufregte und richtig wütend wurde. Seitdem gab es bei uns keine Gans mehr, und wenn mein Vater eine wollte, musste er sie im Restaurant bestellen. Damit waren alle glücklicher. Und es gab nie wieder ein großes Weihnachtsessen (am 2.Weihnachtstag waren wir immer beim Bruder meiner Mutter zum Kaffee, und abends gab es Würstchen mit Kartoffelsalat - auch sehr traditionell. Seitdem ich meine eigene Familie habe - also über 20 Jahre - gibt es an Heilig Abend geräucherten Lachs (Alaskan Sockeye) und selbst gebackenes Brot, an Christmas Day koche ich uns was Gutes, aber nichts Besonderes. Weihnachten soll schließlich kein Stress sein. Mir gefällt es, wie du vom Kuscheln mit Ingo schreibst, so soll es sein. Dir einen guten Rutsch!

River said...

I still have to check the best way to get from the airport to the train station and find out if the Indian-Pacific goes from the city station or the Keswick station.
I have never had goose, but have had duck and I like chicken best. What is a half-bike? Is it a regular bike but half size for smaller people?

Iris Flavia said...

Jo, thank you! Well... My Mom did a better goose-job.... But to a hapopy Christmas-time, you can sing along today, if you like :-)

____

Kathy, yes, greasy indeed, but you can cook that out.We are both off work, yippeee, to you, yours and the lake, hugs!

____

Tom, yes, time cuddly flies by!

_____

Erika, I had duck at a Chinese restaurant. It was terrible.
Talking a lot is OK! My Brother does that, too - but he makes short breaks to breathe. This colleague... NONSTOP!!!
Only 34 days to take of!!!! I´m a bit scared ;-) hugs!

_____

Divery and Sundry, I am sorry, I think you would really need my Mom for a goose. Ingo´s was... not to be repeated...

____

RedPat, the grease was baken out. But it sure is complcated and you need the right oven - ours failed!

____

Nicole, that dude cracks me up every time!!!! I always really do need a break afterwards!

____

Bill, goose is really, really complicated. You need the right oven (we don´t!) and a lot of time...

_____

CJ, Ingo thinks about buying a better oven. So much for "good" ;-)

_____

Chris, I never feel busy, isn´t that weird? My Mom did a great goose every Christmas. I miss both... x

_____

Carola, meine Mutter hatte einen Bräter (ich durfte nicht reingehen, aber sehen ;-)...) das Fett tropfte unten raus, alles gut!
Also es war schon viel Fett, das stimmt!
Ich war ein Mal zum 2. Weihnachtstag bei meinem Bruder. Seiner Frau war das wohl zu viel....
Ich mag leider nur weißen Fisch... und Tunfisch, aber Lachs.... ich weiß, das ist gesund!!! Aber das ist kuscheln j a auch!
Nächstes Weihnachten: Pferdewürstchen mit Brot :-), du hast recht, das war (für Ingo) Stress dieses Jahr! Dir auch einen guten Rutsch!

____

River, thank you!!!! Let me ask Ingo if he found out, but reckon two solutions are safer!
I like chicken best, too! The duck I had at a Chinese restaurant was terrible, so Ingo will have to eat this one (still in the freezer) by himself.
Halfbike: Post to come!

Empire of the Cat said...

Sounds like a good week and your colleagues are a good bunch. No goose for me, I had chestnut pie instead. We had the same horrible windy weather though! Merry Christmas and Happy T Day! Elle xx

Jeanie said...

I'm so happy you like your colleagues. The Christmas Brekkie sounds like great fun for all!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was in the process of leaving Erika a comment when I head a loud BOOM and the room shook. Then I was in total darkness. It was an outage on my side of the street. The street light and houses/porch lights on the other side of the street were on. Since it was about midnight, I was hoping Sally was awake and would call the electric company, but that was obviously not the case. The first eight hours of darkness were tolerable enough, but after that, all I could do was dig out four warm blankets and add them to my bed. For nearly two days I was without electricity and heat. Even my hot water heater has an electric start. I had just enough hot water to make coffee, something I can't live without. When I woke yesterday, I saw the light on my electric clock was on, but it was still too cold to leave my bed. Just using the toilet was bone chilling. I have an appointment at 12:40 today, so this is a copy and paste message. I will be back after I shower and keep my appointment. Just wanted everyone to know your TSFT host has not forgotten you.

Iris Flavia said...

Elle, yes, I need to work in the office more than from home (come Spring!)
Flooding here (we are OK!!!!) xx

____

Jeanie, yes, I am so happy with them all!!

____

Elizabeth, OH!!!! That sounds horrible and again!!!
Glad you are back in warmth, light... and coffee!