Tuesday, February 11, 2025

T STands For Back To School

 
With  this kid´s coffee Ingo made for me I join Elizabeth´s T.
 
The journal:
 

Monday: No shining ✨ - but it´s still hanging outside, neighbor on holiday? 
Agency gave me all data, I can start my training tomorrow! What I liked: They inform you they take the male addressing throughout for easier reading.
My, did I fight for this at a former customer! And my still-company has the weirdest creations to address "everybody". A good start (I hope!).
 

Tuesday: No shining ✨ Ingo got a promotion of €600. The state took €350, more than half, so Ingo is left with €250. Who wants to work hard anymore when promotions go down the drain like this...
Yes, you read this correct. Those who do not work at all - #Bürgergeld - get more. Plus apartment, heating electricity.
More chaos with the training-company - and soooooo cold! Sooo many Rexies. 
And sooo tired. Trying mandarins, cruncher, walking pad against it.
Does learning make me tired? 🥰 ✨ Star is on again! Reckon neighbor was on holiday!
 

Wednesday: 🥰 ✨- ahhhh, thank you, dear neighbor, I smiled each time I entered the living room, admiring the yellow, shining Christmas-star!
Went to the dentist 🦷 - owww. 
After a near heart-attack! Checked my StarTrek-watch. I am an HOUR late!!!
No. Bro set it on summer-time already.
"Am I happy to see you!!!! How is your Hubby, How´s work?" My dentist even made suggestions on how keeping batteries on a train cool, LOL.
And... she found: NOTHING!! NADA!! Last time I saw her two years ago. Oh, THANK you, dear teeth!!!!
 

Thursday: Star is gone... 😥
Training: The content-help is... she called me via phone, had another surface, no teamviewer or such, not good.
Got Test 1a and b done and Lesson 2 worked through, resulting in exhaustion, I´m not 20 anymore.
 
Read a book in one bite:
 

 No bummer, gave it away to the students, together with many more...
 

Friday: Chunk 1: Passed both tests, phew. Chunk 2.... weee, didn´t finish, didn´t understand one part. Pretty exhausted. "Back to school" is tough! Chats with fL and fK. Turned out I was lucky I got help so quick. fL got only: At the job center no one is available "atm"...
Yeah, the economy crisis came as sudden as Christmas...
Dentist sent me to another, new doc for a check. "I am sorry I can only offer you an appointment ...(I expected it´ll be months)...next week." On a Friday!!! What? And the lady was so happy I said, nothing urgent.
 

Weekend: Saturday: Cold, but the yellow thing is out! 🌞 Ingo made a yummy dish (after we had horse sausages for lunch) - see coming Thursday. Too cold to do anything. When the cold bites my nose I stay inside.
Sunday: Löwenzahn was stupid, followed by the most boring Maus ever. The fairy tale we´ve seen felt 5 times already, so instead I finally painted the spice-cupboard flaming red and soon we´ll have more space in a proper place.
Again sunny, but too cold...

Munchy - my sweet tooth woke up, despite the cold:
 
 
The series... 
 
"The tastiest dishes with the funniest names
 

Lolly Cake

This popular New Zealand treat is made from malted biscuits and fruit lollipops or sweets."

No, thanks, tooth back to hibernation!

 Henry 🦁
 

 He exaggerates. We have no snow, it´s but cold...



36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow awesome snow sculpture! Do you usually get snow? a lot of states here are forecast for lots of snow this week-we may get some here too

Anonymous said...

Drink looks good -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Gillena Cox said...

Some Very nice.ones

My birthday party is
HERE

Much♡love

Iris Flavia said...

Luckily snow is rather seldom here, usually - and I hope not - rather February/March, so we´re not really off the hook...

Iris Flavia said...

From time to time milk-coffee is OK :-)

Iris Flavia said...

Happy Birthday, hopping over!

Tom said...

...Iris, Henry looks fabulous. Keep on keepin' on and do your happy dance,

magiceye said...

Would love to try passion fruit with cocos!

Iris Flavia said...

You are right, the money is gone for good anyways... I just wonder why Ingo worked so hard for it...

Iris Flavia said...

Was refreshing!

My name is Erika. said...

Your journal always makes me smile Iris. It is so full of energy. And good news at the dentist. I have to go in a couple of weeks and I hope I get the same result. :) Have fun at school. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, I feel so out of energy! Funny how different it reflects. Fingers and toes crossed your dentist´s outcome will be as fruitless!
Oh, fun... it is super-stressy, I hope this is just an unnecessary panic-attack... to better times, hugs!

RedPat said...

Your journal pages are always fun to look at, Iris.
We have a lot of snow and have more coming tomorrow!!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, RedPat. Snow here, too, luckily just a wee bit.

Sami said...

I like your journal pages, cute drawings. Congratulations on Ingo's promotion. It's terrible so much tax gets taken off! Great news with the dentist, sadly I don't have the same luck with my teeth.
I noticed on the Monday Mural my comment wasn't there, maybe gone to spam. I left another comment :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I always love your journal pages. Too bad about Ingo's promotion. Same here. They take more out in taxes than you keep.

What great news at the dentist. I am sure that makes you happy, too.

How nice you painted a cupboard red. I know how much you love a red kitchen.

I am impressed you have already passed your first tests. Good for you. And I think your latte looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing your week, your journal, and your latte with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to hear about first two tests going smoothly. Keep that good ole' not so old brain working like a wizard. Loved snowy Henry!

Let's Art Journal said...

It looks like you had fun creating your calendar pages this week, they are so detailed - beautiful 😊. How cool is Henry in his snow form and I love a latte myself, perfect ❤️. Wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, a sad congratulation, huh... Sorry you are as lucky as Ingo with the teeth. Blogger had the hiccups again, nothing in spam, it just eats comments up and sometimes even throws them back!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh! (thank you, dear host) - I didn´t expect in your country they eat up so much tax-money, too.
Yes! Nothing worse than dentist, I am so relieved!
And green :-) in the kitchen.
Thank you it was the beginner-tests... let´s see what´s next, getting complicated....

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, today my brain felt like Granma...

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, the pages keep me sane 😊 I can´t wait to show you Henry in Spring! Hugs x

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad the training is going well and you had good luck at the dentist. Loving this week's calendar pages -- lots of fun drawings. But sorry that the star is gone!

Bill said...

Two tests down, very good. How many do you have to take?

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Jeanie - training has become real tough, though- yes, the star... the positive side: It will stay being something special!

Iris Flavia said...

Loads. I´ll finish End of December and the workload seems too much......

Sharon Madson said...

Lolly Cake looks colorful, but too sweet. Congratulations on your clean Tooth Report card. Sorry about going back to school, just glad it isn't me! LOL Happy T Day.

Carola Bartz said...

Super, dass du di e ersten Tests bestanden hast. Ich glaube, es ist einfach ein bisschen schwierig, plötzlich wieder in die Schule zu gehen - ich wette, das wird mit der Zeit einfacher. Ich hatte überwiegend Rentner in meinen Deutschklassen, die nochmal die Schulbank drückten, es ging etwas langsamer, aber es war eine tolle Gemeinschaft und hat viel Spaß gemacht. Schade, dass der Stern nicht mehr da ist - so was kann man doch das ganze Jahr brennen lassen. Besonders, wenn die Abende so dunkel sind. Ach ja, Steuern - hier wird auch viel abgezogen, das ist nicht viel anders, aber ich habe das Gefühl, nicht besonders viel dafür zu bekommen. Straßen sind schlecht, Schulgebäude völlig desolat, Unis viel zu teuer... die Liste geht ewig weiter.

River said...

Calvin and Hobbes dancing is my favourite!! I have that on my wall here. The Calvin cartoons were "born" the same year as my youngest son so one year for his birthday I bought him the complete set of Calvin and Hobbes books.
I love the snow sculpture, but I am sorry you are so cold. Do you not have any form of heating inside your home? Good luck with the training.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, way too sweet! And I was so happy about the teeth... Well, 11 months of "school"...

Iris Flavia said...

Also "Schule" im Sinne von ich sitze zu Hause und ziehe mir Lektionen rein und mache dann Tests - da sind keine anderen Menschen, ich weiß nicht, wie gut ich in der Zeit liege... Ich glaube, die Freundin findet der Stern ist Geldverschwendung.... aber das ist ja auch deren Sache. Ja... Straßen... Gesundheitssystem, alles marode... überall dasselbe....

Iris Flavia said...

I have the C&H series here, too :-)
First I stumbled upon the two was 1999 in Broome, Western Australia :-)
Of course and thankfully we have heating! But the floor is cold with the cellar underneath and 19-21C is just too cold for me.
Training: I need luck - and brain...

Lisca said...

Well done you for passing the first two tests. Learning as an adult is hard work. It's tiring and takes much longer than when you were young.
Henry as a snow sculpture! Absolutely stunning! So regal!
What a bummer about those taxes. It's plain robbery and you don't seem to get much in return as a citizen.
Happy belated T-Day,
Lisca

nwilliams6 said...

Congrats to your husband on his promotion but sad on the taxes. Learning as an adult is harder, but you have done all kinds of new things and learned so much since I have known you - you always inspire me!

Your journal pages are super fun and that snow Henry is beautiful.

Happy T-day, Iris. Many hugz

Granny Sue said...

The snow Henry is pretty amazing!
Sounds like an up-and-down kind of week. I do not envy you going back to school. By the time I finished my Masters degree I was 45 and never ever wanted to take another class! Of course, there was always some new training but usually only a day or two at a time.
Sorry about the star 😔

CJ Kennedy said...

Your drawings always make me smile. Congrats to Ingo on his promotion and on you not having any problems at the dentist. That is an amazing snow sculpture. Another storm here for the weekend, more ice than snow. Happy T Day