Saturday, January 31, 2026

A Day With My Cat

 
This is from FB, I do not have a cat.
It was my dream always but, see... now we´re away from home for 5 1/2 weeks - the cat(s) would not understand... And travel with them would be too stressy for them (in my dream I have two so they can play with one another).

 We´ve safely arrived in Madeley/Perth and I enjoy the kookaburras, ravens and magpies. 

I´ll try to get them on video - so far they hide and I only hear them.

Anyways this is for...


 
I enjoy the heat on the porch, after a rather unpleasant start all fine now!
The maintenance guys did  a great job!
I could not be happier!!! 
 
Henry 🦁 ,,, I stayed in Braunschweig. Meet my opposite...
 

 The black swan!
 

 
 

 

22 comments:

Tom said...

...a cat is difficult to have if you travel.

Iris Flavia said...

Also... they go before we go. I went through this with my friend´s cat, so sad.... Max was suffering... they had to put him down. We all were so.... sad.

CJ Kennedy said...

Ah, warmth and sunshine. Today's high was 10 F. Enjoy the sun!

peppylady (Dora) said...

What a big bird.

Iris Flavia said...

It´s a swan :-)

River said...

The maintenance guys? What was wrong with your cabin? My cat is the reason I don't travel. Last time I visited my brother in Fremantle was 2013, before I had a cat. Good luck catching the birds on video.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear friend Iris, the video was great. I love the black swan. Sending you much love ❤️ and warm hugs.

Kathylorraine said...

Glad you are getting settled in-enjoy the warmer weather hugs

Iris Flavia said...

That is -12C!!! OMG! I send you warmest hugs!!!

Iris Flavia said...

2013??? Oh, boy. Hahhh, a list! A kid´s bed in the way, no sink blablabla - we´re good now. A sponge closes the toilet... And <i at least can listen to the birds and enjoy the heat!!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Iris
The cat video is funny! I would love some hot weather right now, it is only 4° here this morning. The Black Swan is beautiful, a pretty Perth Henry! Enjoy your vacation! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thanks so much for leaving me a comment.

Iris Flavia said...

Dear friend Linda, wish I had cats for real.... but this is OK, too. Hope to see the swan for real too again - warm hugs (35 C) and much love.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh we sure do - it´s HOT, yippeee... hugs

Iris Flavia said...

I virtually send you some warm temps over!!! Oh we sure do love the heat!!!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Having two cats to keep each other company is so sweet. And your swan sighting makes me smile!

RedPat said...

It is good that they have fixed your cabin, Iris.
It is -13˚C here this morning so enjoy your warmth!

Adam Jones said...

The cat video made me laugh, and I like that Black Swan too.

DVArtist said...

So glad you made it safely to your beloved Perth. Have the best time, Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

Maybe cats when I retire...

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat, yes, so glad we could fix it all! -13C, OWWWW...

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, too sweet, huh! And off soon to hopefully see the black swans for real!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Nicole, I so do!!!