Saturday, January 03, 2026

Sparrow In Ice

 
 This of course is for...
 
 
 
Let us always be friendly and thinking ahead and help.
Tomorrow I have a recap of that of 2025. 
  
 
"Habits of the 1960s that would be unthinkable today 
 

 Telephones
 
 In the early 1960s, rotary dial telephones became increasingly unpopular, while tone dial telephones became increasingly popular."
 
Here is ...
 

Big Niece, being 3 back then saw this and knew what it was!
I called China at age 2 cause Dad showed me how to use it and left me alone.
Was an expensive experience. Did he learn? No. Taught me how to drive our BMW at age 14. go figure... Do I miss him.
 
 
That was fun in the early 70´s in Germany, dress up and act (up) - as many an animal is allowed to do today.
 
Counts as... ok, no, here is Henry 🦁 
 

 You gotta love 'em...
 
And right now...
 
 
King Frog is surprisingly still happy! And I forgot the BBQ-coal outside - aw, well, let´s...
 

 

29 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It was so nice to help out the sparrow! Great video!
Acts of kindness are always appreciated.
We had the old dial photos!
Funny photo of your Dad. Henry thinks he was silly too.
We had a little bit of snow too and very cold temperatures.
I wish you and yours a very happy and healthy New Year, all the best in 2026.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend. PS, I appreciate your comment on my blog.

Iris Flavia said...

Hello Eileen, yes, that woman did a great job! I once found a little bird that sadly flew against my window. It recovered by itself, luckily (it was summer).
My Dad sure was funny at times, but also very strict, too...
To a great weekend, hopefully... Ingo sure is not happy with the snow and driving to work.

Jeanie said...

Best Henry and I loved Silly Dad!

Christine said...

I remember rotary dial phones

Christine said...

Love the sparrow video

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, silly and I think he gave me his legs, too! Always wondered about that "gap".

magiceye said...

The sparrow video is amazing.

Tom said...

...Iris, such a sweet video!

My name is Erika. said...

That poor little sparrow. And ha ha. Your dad had a great sense of humor, didn't he? My dad would never dress like that, ever. And I like that orange phone. Do you still use a land line or is just a decoration now? WE still have the first phone my hubby and I had together. I just can't get rid of it for some reason,but it's not a beautiful orange color. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

RedPat said...

I have a friend who who still uses a dial-up phone! It takes so long to dial a number.
You have snow, Iris!

Adam Jones said...

It's lovely to know that there are people like you in the world, who look out for a friends in nature. What you did for the Sparrow was fantastic and very heart warming.

Iris Flavia said...

They were.... fun!

Iris Flavia said...

To helping and also giving thanks.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes I felt I need to share :-)

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, to helping, Tom!

Bill said...

Wonderful video of the little sparrow being helped. I had one of those push button phones, it was red too.

River said...

That was so sweet with the sparrow and he came back the next day! I remember rotary dial phones. It's nice when Dads can be funny.

Mae Travels said...

Technology changes so fast! Now we rarely use the phone at all because we have facetime and other video communications for family group chats. Phone calls all seem to come from pesky sales people.

Iris Flavia said...

Glad that woman helped and shared so we know what to do in case, right.
And yes, Dad was silly. That phone is deco but we still have landline, too. For the same reason of yours, so a happy weekend, hugs

Iris Flavia said...

Ours now has buttons and if I learned how to save numbers I would not need to dial, LOL - oh, yes, RedPat, more snow, even!

Iris Flavia said...

Nono, that was a find on FB! But that nice lady teaches us how to help and I wanted to share...

Iris Flavia said...

Here you really had to dial. We have one with push buttons now (yes, we do...).

Iris Flavia said...

Yes to all that! :-) He was strict, I was not even allowed to refer to him as "he", I had to say "may Dad"! But he could also be funny.

Iris Flavia said...

Well, at my private PC... uh-oh, I really still use a phone (I need a new PC mine is ooold...).

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear friend Iris, I love ❤️ the old red phone and Henry made me laugh. Warm hugs 🫂 🤗 and much love. 💖

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear friend Iris, the sparrow video brought me to tears. How sweet! Very touching! Warm hugs and much love to you! Thank you so much for brightening my day.

R's Rue said...

It is joy to stop by here. May this year bring you joy, peace and love.
rsrue.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

I miss a rotary phone. Yeah your dad was silly. Great photo.

Villrose said...

Oh, what a poor critter! You did a great job.