Here you can watch "Every American President's Favourite Food"
Most were simple foods, childhood-related, from poor times.
Ingo meanwhile, "you want Baked Beans and Corned Beef, too?" - fitting! He´s the President of Condo #3 here.
Childhood? No, Australia, when living in the car and cooking with an army-cooker in one pan.
Eisenhower cooked himself! As sometimes Obama did.
And one... requested his steak "well done" - outch.
Hold your breath...
We once were in "the best steak house of Braunschweig" - we left without eating anything, but that´s another story... Some rich couple ordered steak "well done" and Ingo joked, "with ketchup..." - and he was right.
Bet the chef cried.





32 comments:
Enjoyed the whole video of the presidents foods
Happy Sunday
My Sunday post is
HERE
πmuch love
Glad you did, hopping over! Much love π
Hello, Iris
The favorite food of the presidents was interesting.
It comes down to comfort food.
I would not want my steak overdone, seafood and pasta are favorites. Henry has the right idea, cute image.
Take care, have a great week ahead.
...so Iris, you are the queen Condo #3?
I have a friend who likes her meat well done -- over well done to my taste, being a medium rare woman.
Hello Eileen, yes, most were humble and yikes for a steak overdone! Sadly seafood is a challenge for me. To a great week ahead!
Rather the maid, Tom, LOL!
I´m with you, Jeanie! Nahhh, depends. Medium. Once I got it rare! And when you give that back - oh, yuck! It keeps on working inside after all. And the dude didn´t know. Happened twice (!) and after 10 years we switched to another steak house - always on the dot there.
Wow, nice postcard
Thanks for linking to SundaySmiles
πmuch love
Happy Sunday Iris. You asked about masculine and feminine with the sun. In English we don't do a lot of masculine and feminine. If we do I've never learned about it. It's that Viking influence on the language I think. The moon is definitely a lady, and the sun, well I think of her as a lady too because she gives us such good light to nurture us. Like most ladies can. I enjoyed thinking about your comment on my blog. Language really does influence how we see things, doesn't it? Have a great rest of your weekend. hugs-Erika
Fun post Loved Henry Happy new week-hugs
I think there are more gyms around than there ever have been, Iris. I could walk to 4 in about 2 minutes.
I don't understand, why is a gymclub unthinkable today?
We call ketchup "tomato sauce" but I can't imagine thinking it's ok to have with steak or cooking a steak well done, mine would be medium with mushrooms and mushroom sauce.
I don't eat steak. Mr. M. dose and he grills his medium with lots of spices. Have a nice Sunday.
Dear friend Iris, fun post. π Henry is a cute chef. Lovely postcard. Warm hugs π« π€ π and much love to you.
I left the gym in covid.
Steak medium. In Boston and New England, the traditional Saturday night supper was baked beans, franks (frankfurters or hot dogs), and brown bread.
Gyms are still hugely popular here with many. I don't know how they can afford them! I didn't watch all the video yet, it's midafternoon and I am so sleepy. I will watch tomorrow morning when I am wide awake.
Now I´m really confused - somewhere I read he, the sun and she the moon. Aw, well, I´ll say, "Look! The beautiful sun/moon!" :-) hugs and to a great new week!
Thank you, a happy new week to you, too, hugs
Oh what, RedPat?! I can think of 5 altogether right now and just walking there is a workout!
Good question - I think they got carried away a bit! The series started with smoking everywhere and I think they wanted to show what was normal and what became "new" back in the day... To me, though, unthinkable to go there - people could not behave in the one where I was...
Medium with herb butter and garlic bread :-) Hmmmm.... Ingo yesterday mixed steak-stripes with mushrooms - I did all the cutting. Added only broth, salt and pepper.
Oh, I love steak! In fact we had steak-stripes with mushroom yesterday :-)
Dear friend Linda, thank you, bet Henry cooks real well π Warm hugs and much love on the way π
I left when guys behaved weird!
Yupp, medium, herb butter, garlic bread - the night supper sounds... "funny".
Here - when you start the gym - it´s €10 but who knows what´s next! When I last went... 20 years ago.. it was €30 per month! buy a DVD and do sports at home or go for brisk walk...
Thank you for hosting :-) much love back
Hope you had a good Sunday ...
I like Henry in his chefs outfit.
All the best Jan
Thank you - it was a good, if cold one, brrrr - hope your place is warmer! I need to cook and bake, too!
Post a Comment