Wednesday, January 14, 2026

Hungry?

 

When you go to our GDR-REWE - it must´ve been like that in former GDR: You are lucky when you get what you want!
Ingo likes a certain brand of soda. Not available since days. Again! So often you want something... sold out - since years. Doesn´t the system count how much goes out and needs to be ordered?
At EDESSA I once ordered a Döner. Hm... not again.
Right next:
 
 
As you know maybe: I LOVE pizza. But...
 
... nah, thank you. 
 
This is for Toms´s Signs2
 
 
"Habits of the 1960s that would be unthinkable today 
 

 Ready meals
 
Ready-made meals eaten in front of the television are still widespread today, but became surprisingly popular in the 1960s due to limited nutritional knowledge."
 
This was the last part of the series. 
 
 

"The study of mathematics typically focuses on the application of mathematical operations and formulas, but it's also important to learn about the history of mathematics, which extends far beyond shapes and numbers. To fully understand and appreciate the subject, we must look at the famous mathematicians who shaped mathematics as we know it today and paved the way for modern engineering, technology, astronomy, and space exploration. Intrigued? Click through to discover some famous names in mathematics and their contributions to the world."

I hope you´ll like it.
 
Henry 🦁 


Good boy - you live in the City of Science after all! - and have a happy Wednesday, everyone! 


26 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Iris
I love pizza but I stopped drinking soda years ago. The stained glass looks beautiful. Love the Henry image, science was not my favorite subject. Take care, enjoy your day!

Iris Flavia said...

Hello Eileen,
yes, a great and beautiful way to start a series on science, huh - I hope you´ll like the series I found. I didn´t peek but sent the link to my friend - she won mathematic-olympics as second best three times and knew most of them, but said she enjoyed it anways. Enjoy your day, too!

Christine said...

Too bad about Edessa.

Iris Flavia said...

They use garlic already in the meat - suspicious! We had a meat scandal years ago, many Döner-places used rotten meat...
I ordered the sauce without garlic...

My name is Erika. said...

Henry and I are on the same page today!!!! :) When I was a kid we used to think it was the best thing to have a TV dinner for dinner. It didn't happen often, and my parents never ate them, just my brother and me. Now they don't look very good at all. Hope your week is going well. hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...Iris, you do make me hunger, I need to go have my breakfast. The stain glass window is amazing.

Jeanie said...

I've cut back on soda for a year or two. Still love it but laying off some. I still like a good microwave meal -- if it's a good one. (Some are, some aren't!)

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I thought you´d like Henry today (and the series). I admit... we have a TV in the kitchen.... But mostly we at least cook for real. I still have "the Rotz", runny nose and all - but! Snow nearly gone, to a great week, hugs

Iris Flavia said...

Sorry, Tom - hope your breakfast was better than what these offer! Yes, beautiful start to the new series, huh?

Iris Flavia said...

We have excellent tap-water, good enough for me and yes, sometimes good microwave-meals are on here, too!

Kathylorraine said...

Happy Wednesday Iris, we love pizza too but I always make ours from scratch do to I need a gluten free version. Don't think I would ever want to eat one of those tv dinners. haha happy mid week

Iris Flavia said...

Happy Wednesday back, Kathy. Sometimes I order, other I make pan-pizza with a burrito-dough from the grocery, rest from scratch, too.

Kathylorraine said...

sounds delicious Iris are you still doing studies?

RedPat said...

Those tv dinners were a treat when I was a kid but they sound not so good now, Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

Hmmm. Not at the moment, maybe I redo one certificate I missed... Other: Time off for now, yippeeeee!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, RedPat, now we know better - we still have a TV in the kitchen, though!

DVArtist said...

You know I love pizza too. We didn't eat TV dinners very often I come form a big family and my mom did all the cooking. The TV dinners were kind of expensive for the day.

Iris Flavia said...

Germany had no TV-dinners, as far as I know. At least not in my family. But a TV at the dining table and now in the kitchen, where we eat...

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear friend Iris, I love the stained glass spiral image!
I love salad, pizza...and some pasta, although I prefer the thin noodles such as spaghettini! I am very familiar with Halal, I often buy their meats such as chicken and sometimes lamb!
I remember the Swanson frozen TV dinners from the 50's and 60's.
Nowadays I prefer to do my own cooking, as it is healthier.
Henry looks amazing!
Sending you much love and warm hugs.

Rostrose said...

Liebe Iris, also Limonade wäre mir egal, ich trinke ohnehin im Alltag zumeist Leitungswasser (und in Restaurants vorzugsweise Bier oder Wein oder g'spritzten Apfelsaft (ihr sagt "Schorle" dazu) mittlerweile zur Magenschonung am liebsten mit stillem Wasser ...
Aber neulich kamen wir in den größten Supermarkt unserer Umgebung - und es gab da kein einziges EI! Das hat mich wahrlich schockiert! Es gab offenbar Lieferengpässe wegen der Vogelgrippe, aber bei Lidl wurden wir dann fündig, da gab's sogar Bio-Eier, die wir bevorzugen.
Fertiggerichte gibt es bei uns daheim nicht sehr viele, und auch nur selten Essen beim Fernsehen. Im Moment sind wir essenstechnisch ohnehin recht diszipliniert, weil wir ja weiter abnehmen wollen.
Superschön, die Glasfenster-Spirale... Von Wissenschaft hingegen verstehe ich nicht sehr viel...
Herzliche Wintergrüße ❄️☃️, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/01/reisebericht-2025-vogelbegegnungen.html

Amypie71 said...

I haven't tried much in the way of halal food but I'm willing to give it a go.

River said...

I love pizza and have a home made one in the freezer, already on the pizza tray, just have to thaw, then heat, next week. Those TV dinners were AWFUL!! We tried once and Dad said never again.

Iris Flavia said...

Dear friend Linda, I don´t know about how it´s done in Canada but in Germany to kill an animal halal means without stunning and let it bleed to death, so that is no option for me. "Normal" killing is stunning the animal with a bolt gun first. Still killing but, well, we are carnivores after all. Yes, own cooking and you know what´s in there :-) Warm hugs and much love 😘

Iris Flavia said...

Liebe Traude, wir haben die Innerste-Talsperre und damit superleckeres Leitungswasser :-)
Apfelsaft mit Wasser?! Das schmeckt?
Keine Eier wegen Vogelgrippe kann ich verstehen, aber Limo? Der Laden hat ein Monopol: Liegt dem Studentenwohnheim gegenüber, die können sich Alles erlauben. Ja, wir kochen auch meist selbst. Wissenschaften finde ich spannend. Haha, erstmal ist der Winder im Schlaf, juhuu, herzliche Grüße zurück 🎉

Iris Flavia said...

Here in Germany to kill an animal halal means without stunning and let it bleed to death - not a fan of that.

Iris Flavia said...

Hmmm, sounds great with the pizza! Yes, those meals even look icky!