Wednesday, March 18, 2026

I Sneak in Mandurah´s Garden...

 
 
I was not sure... sign, mural?
It´s a Garden Bar I found with our Monday Mural host, Sami in Mandurah (wee, it´s really 72 km from Perth! As in 90km from our home (Madeley). 
 
Wonder what the sign looks like at night! Does it have a meaning? 
I only found out this: 
 
"Granny Cooper had established the area’s first form of schooling, educating local children in her cottage from the late 1860s.  ... 
 
It was the second oldest business in Mandurah, with a central role in the social and commercial life of the area. ... 
 
From 2017, the Hutchen family have been the owners, creating a comfortable tavern environment in this amazing location, putting a modern stamp on the history of a place where people have gathered and built community for generations."
 
It calls itself "FRIENDLIEST TAVERN AND GARDEN BAR" - we maybe should´ve payed a visit, open from 11 am on - but then... likely I´d be forced to eat fish! - ... though... they have Pizza, too. In two years, Sami? On me!
 
This is for Tom´s Signs2
 
The Black Swan, Perth´s Icon 🦢 (imagine this emoji is black) 
 
 


26 comments:

Tom said...

...Iris, you ha to sneak in Mandurah´s Garden?

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the mural/sign! The bridge is cool looking.
The swans are always a lovely sight to see.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

gigi-hawaii said...

I love fish, which is not surprising since I live on an island surrounded by the Pacific Ocean. I love that photo of the black swan and her chicks.

Iris Flavia said...

I sneak it in into your signs, Tom - maybe it´s a mural after all?

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Eileen, and the same to you, to a great week!

Iris Flavia said...

Fish is healthy! Sadly I take after my Dad... He liked Rollmops, though!

Jeanie said...

I always love seeing a black swan!

RedPat said...

You will have to try the place out the next time, Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

Perth-area sure is lucky to have them!

Iris Flavia said...

Maybe I will, RedPat!

Jackie McGuinness said...

I'm there for fish!

Christine said...

Good sign!

Iris Flavia said...

Lucky, healthy you!

Iris Flavia said...

Sad I didn´t get a night-shot!

CJ Kennedy said...

Pizza!

Bill said...

I would definitely try their pizza next time. Nice black swan, they are so pretty.

Iris Flavia said...

YES!

Iris Flavia said...

It´s quite a journey, but it sounds so tempting! 2 years...

Granny Sue said...

I love the idea of a garden bar! I would be very happy there, I know.
90km is only 60 miles? I drove that far one way to work for 2 years, and often had to do it in later years. But here we don't think much about such drives. I k ow it is different in Europe.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear friend Iris, nice bridge and sign! And I love the black swan family! Sendng you lots of hugs and much love!

Iris Flavia said...

I drove 40km to and fro for 16 years, so I am really done with driving... the first months it even was 80, brrr.... and they drive like nutheads here as mostly you can drive as fast as you want...

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, dear friend Linda, warm hugs and much love on the way!

River said...

It sonds like a lovely place to visit and I hope you get there next time. I am sure no one will force you to eat fish.

Bertiebo said...

Nice find!

Sami said...

I remember that sign/mural too. I just had fish and chips in Cottesloe today when we went to see the sculptures on the beach :) I have met people who say their grandparents had a farm in what is now Mandurah, so in the last 50 or 60 years a lot has changed in that area.

William Kendall said...

The swans are a pretty sight.