Tuesday, March 10, 2026

T This Holiday-ParTy

 

At Grace and P´s place. On Feb 1st, if I get that right!
P gave me this cooler - not aware we drove a NISSAN Patrol LBW in 1999 (see here, if you like) and munchy is right in, too, Sami brought Grill´d burger patties!!!! YUM (better than in the "restaurant"!)
This of course is for Elizabeth´s T
 
 
The journal:
 
 
Monday: Went to the reception. Ingo wanted a mop, a bucket, hand brush and shovel. I needed tap-water anyways.
Closed. Due to staff shortage open only 10:00-04.00. Hm, it´s 10:20... a slightly pis#ed woman noticed me and shouted over "closed all day today!!".
This place is going down the drain... So sad... Not even a notice.
If I was Ingo:
Leave a note: "I wanted to clean but you were not able to handle me the gear needed."
Back in the day you had a cleaning team weekly.
This was quite a day... with Grace and Sami in Cottesloe!
Loads of steps :-) Post to come (in a while).
 
 
Tuesday: Wow - apart from the terrible war in Iran Mount Isa has the heaviest rainfall since 1926!  Cyclones  predicted. Supermarkets empty... And now that we are about to leave it will warm up here in Perth. Why, thank you.
Went a last time to the city and will you believe it?! Only time an officer checked if my Transperth card works (it did).
BUT!!!! The interior light was out  in the pitch dark tunnels - scary.
Which leads me to: Asked J why the panto is so low at times. Grace: "What´s a panto?(my baby 💓)
J: "Stromabnehmer" 😂 - He still knows a bit German (worked in Braunschweig for Siemens mobility, like me, too).
A sad good bye...  LOL, no one really says "Stromabnehmer"!

 
Wednesday: Packing after a slow start to the day, then off via Transperth to the international airport.
Without a good-bye as the reception was closed again.
Did not meet Rosemary, who always makes sure we can book as long as we want, either.
Last time Skye and her were there, there was hugging and thank you pressies from them.
This time: Shortened office hours due to lack of personal - which is no wonder. We threw the keys in the mailbox. 
Off to Singapore,..
 
Ingo: Had to: Step wide, hands up, etc etc at the check-in.
To me: "Go :-)" 
"Uh, what???" - "Go!, just walk through :-)"  - I must be "a lovely person"!
 
Then another plane to Frankfurt. 
 
 
Thursday:  We arrived early and Ingo managed to solve the Deutsche-Bahn-problem, we were home by 2:30 p.m.-ish, me totally knackered. But it was worth it, Perth!!!!
A woman helped me with my luggage, so nice!!! See, I never learn. So much fun stuff to buy and I forget I have to carry it later!
 
Friday: 03:30 a.m. .. wide awake and HUNGRY!!! 04:00 a.m. Ingo and I got up and I made myself a bread with tea-wurst and a cheesestring. After all my body thinks it´s lunch-time.
TV: Lost places.: Dracula. 
 
And I have what I have, huh... From FB:
 

 
 
 
Weekend: Saturday: Went to the city and waited with another woman for a store to open.
Later went to Karstadt and got pencils - when going out I saw a rather young woman in a kind of very modern wheel-chair.
Of course (!) I turned around and re-opened the door for her, that´s what normal people do, right?!!! Right???
She gave me the broadest smile for that and I did not know... why?
I smiled back but it made me sad that this behavior of mine does not seem to be  "just normal".... In what kind of a world do we live in?! Oh, forget it... Just keep on being nice and helpful, right. If it´s but giving a smile ...
Open a door,..
Helping with a suitcase...
Give and take... (be) people. We all should just people. Or goating, I´m not sure now... Sometime I wanna goat and bump-head nasty people.
 
Sunday: Up at six. Darn jet-lag won´t wear off. Slow day and YAY - Löwenzahn and Die Maus, fairy tale! Not.On.Demand.
Not!!! On 11:05, yes :05 Löwenzahn starts! 11:30 Die Maus, 12:00 Fairy Tale.
My childhood in 2026.
I "demand" this - and I get it. I am old, LOL! 
 
 
Love-love-love... love!
Recommended from 5-6(0) years on! Many our generation watches these still!
Do you still watch your childhood-series as well? 
The fairy tale I knew, but it was oh-so-sweet! It gave me sooo many smiles.
 
Henry 🦁 with his alter ego, the Black Swan 
 
 
Well. Hit 50 and get stuck.
Kingsway Caravan Park, I could manage you, I could, with Ingo!!! 
But Australia says we´re "too old"... 50+... too "old".
Life-experience and all? Does not matter ... I could tell stories of the "fit and young ones.."
 
...who do know nothing about working.. .
Australia, one day this will catch up! And you want the 50+ gang!!!
 

 

32 comments:

Bertiebo said...

Haha, yes, you are a lovely person! Mount Isa... one of my two cousins lived there. He was born in Amsterdam, went to New Zealand and as a grown up lived in Mount Isa.

Iris Flavia said...

Really?! Wow. When I drove to Mt Isa it was so dusty I hardly saw the track and at the tourist office Ingo gave me two dollars so I could take a long, hot shower!
Oh, memories. huh - I did not expect your answer, but I love it!

CJ Kennedy said...

Good to be home and you have lovely memories. I'm feeling jet lagged too, but not because of a trip. Sunday, we moved the clocks forward for Daylight Savings Time. Do you do that, too? I'm dragging.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, yes YES! - Summer time at the end of the month!!! Summer - tippidee!!!

My name is Erika. said...

That's too bad about the reception at the place you stayed. Funny how fast things can change. Did maybe the place get sold and there are new owners? And I like how you spent a bit of your vacation. That pool party looks great. I could go for a pool party now. :) Have a super rest of your T day. hugs-Erika Oh and yes, you would write the date 9/3 . I knew that. In fact my computer is on European time and dates, but I'm not sure why. But I'm OK with it because I am able to function both ways now.

Kathylorraine said...

Good morning, your sketches keep getting better and better-hugs pool party looked like a fun time-hugs from the lake

Lisca said...

It's great to go away but also great to come home again (I feel). Looks like you had a wonderful time (Pool party!!) but a real shame that the camp site seems to have deteriorated. Like Erika says, it might be under new management, and they don't pay a decent wage so staff can't be bothered to do anything.
Heavy luggage: tell me about it! I always bring back much more than I take out. What sort of fun things did you bring back?
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

RedPat said...

I always take ages to get over jet lag. Our time changed on Sunday and I am still suffering.

Tom said...

...no pool parties here!

Sharon Madson said...

Iris, welcome home! Now you will miss Perth. Sounds like a great vacation. I enjoyed your trip through you. Happy T Day!

Jeanie said...

I didn't realize you were coming home so soon. I hope you took a day or two after arriving before going back to work. But it sounds like an excellent holiday. And coming home always feels good. Pity about not being able to clean but yes, I hope Ingo left a note saying you tried. That's a long flight! Home must feel good.

Cloudia said...

Fun post. Thank you dear! Aloha

DVArtist said...

Just one of the things that I love about you is that you are kind and considerate.

Bill said...

Hope you are adjusting to being back home. Being kind is the way to be and you got it. Have nice week, Iris.

River said...

I hope the Jet Lag is gone by now. The pool party looks fun 😀
I also help with holding doors and stepping aside for people with wheelchairs or prams and help older people find things on the store shelf too. I don't watch the shows I saw in childhood, we didn't have a TV until I was seven and only cartoons were on for kids back then. Then came TV series like Dr Who straight after school, and Star Trek just after the news and only once a week, and that scientist who had a show called "Why is it so?"

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hope your jet lag is now gone. Loved seeing the pool party and the Monday Murals gang.

Always love your calendar pages. And I've never heard of that drink you shared with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

It´s a chain and the managers sadly change often... yes, once I was in the water it was great, but getting in, brrrr.... Hihi, my smartphone is on your standard - I always have to look where the "y" and "z" are.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, yes, my first sketches were like... oh-so-bad!!!! LOL. Yes, pool and also ocean, it was wonderful! Hugs to the lake

Iris Flavia said...

In my case... it´s sad to be back. In the cold. Friends are far away, trees are naked. But, that´s life! Yes, all the time new management. I so´d hope Skye´d stay, but no....
Oh. All the stuff you do or do not get here, I must take pics - thank you, a good idea for Nicole´s Sundays!!!

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat, yes, at the end of the month... summer-time (yippee, but oh! Mini-jetlag!).

Iris Flavia said...

Too cold, Tom?

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Sharon, much, much more to come!

Iris Flavia said...

I might get my job back April 1st - atm I´m in waiting position... And yes those 5 1/2 weeks flew by!!
Home is... well. sadly home! I´d give anything to stay there, a cabin would really be OK.

Iris Flavia said...

You´re welcome, dear, Aloha!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Nicole and... dito!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Bill, I switch slowly into our time - just to switch into summer-time at the end of the month! I think most people I know are kind :-)

Iris Flavia said...

So glad we are "normal" people, right? And yes, we had fun in the pool! Dr Who I neverr saw but I have Star Trek right here - even the original books from the 1960´s by James Blish - all second hand, bought in your country in 1999. "Why is it so?" sounds interesting!

Iris Flavia said...

It was a great party with fresh fruit! And the drink was a beer - you get coolers so the drink stays cold - I am a very slow drinker! Drives Ingo nuts! As the others as Ingo keeps reminding me to drink, LOL.

Maria Medeiros said...

The pool party looks wonderful Iris! sorry you had trouble at the place you were staying. Love all your drawings. Very cute. Have a lovely rest of the week!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear friend Iris, the pool party looks like fun! I love all your sketches, I never tire of seeing your fun and amazing creative talent! Much love and many hugs, dear friend.
Henry and the black swan....gorgeous image!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, it was OK all in all, Maria!!!

Iris Flavia said...

Dear friend Linda... I do not think I have talent, but I keep on going :-) And I get better. I refuse to watch YouTube-tutorials or such... The image with Henry is AI-generated by nightcafe - check it out! Warm hugs and much love from here!