Friday, December 29, 2017

For Heaven´s Sake



I do understand hubby isn´t that much into my family´s history.

I´m the "big Sis".

Twice a year I address Bro.
July 19th for Dad, Dec 29th for Mum.

I let go now.
I´m not needed no more.
Didn´t contact Bro today (not that I forgot, mind you) and there was no reaction whatsoever (pic/reminder on FB too).

Am I glad?
Happy?
Relieved?
Desperate?
Angry?

Who cares.
Me.
Bro... no. I accept that.

How do you handle "these things"?

Did you ever walk the last ... miles with them? Did the team of the intensive care unit know you?

I´m hurt.
Quite bad, too.
But that´s OK, that´s life.

4 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

My hubby isn't much interest in family history his or mine. But he does like looking at photos of our ancestors.
Coffee is on

Lowcarb team member said...

That's such a sweet photograph.

All the best Jan

Sami said...

Sad to hear that Iris. Men, and in this case your brother, don't really hang on to dates, important family facts, etc like we do. He should keep in contact with you though, should not be all one-sided, and that I'm sure can be hurtful to you.
Let's hope next year things change.
Why don't you set up a "whatsapp" family group, so it makes it easier to exchange messages or for him to post the kid's photos? We have a group for each side of the family and I find we feel more connected. Good luck xx

Iris Flavia said...

Sometimes I wish I was a man...
I don´t have whatsapp, maybe I change that, thank you, Sami. xx