Tuesday, July 14, 2020

T STands For A Fairy Tale, Mielebaer?



There once upon a time was a beautiful butterfly. It certainly loved the fields full of flowers, blooming all over and whilst flying through it all in joy it met a little Indian girl, named "Butterfly"!



The flying lille critter told the girl of a horse. Maybe it´s name was really "Butterfly", too, it indeed slowly, shyly made it´s way towards the girl upon being called by that name and let her tame it.



But the summer was not good, just like in 2020, the girl was not able to feed the horse properly and send it away, told this trotting Butterfly to look out for a blonde girl with flowers in her hair - it was not in San Francisco, the city was not up yet.
But the horse found the girl and asked the girl to hop on and look together for a better place in this cold, cold summer.



The girl obliged and really! They found a beautiful castle, a fire burning for warmth, yummy hay for the horse, apples, hot soup and all for the girl, and - YAY - a job for her, too!



She got a funny hat to be identified as one of the staff (or was she a princess at heart, too, unaware of her fate?).



She did a good job, made it to the Queen´s maid even!
And the Queen was so happy to have a trustworthy girl by her side!
The Queen was unhappy on a different level, though. As often as she tried in joy, no baby came on the way.



The little, trusty maid got sad, too.
But she had a sweet nature and when she met Rumpelstiltskin´s wife, the old witch of the castle, ...



...she talked her into giving her her magic wand...



... and in return she will tell the broom to be able to carry the witch all through the air and away from the nasty ole Rumpelstiltskin!



And also - she kept that for herself - asked the wand to let her Queen have a baby.




Nine months later a beautiful princess was born (well, what did you think?).

Sadly the Queen was denied a long life.



You all know the story with the golden ball and who helped the princess out, right?



Did she kiss him, did she throw him against the wall, what happened?

He did turn into a prince and a magical one, too!
The good ole horse from back then was no more, or was she?
Suddenly this beauty came trotting in and layed down in relief!



And what is a unicorn without a cat?



The witch might have had her magic in there, too, but she´d become a good witch being finally free from Rumpelstielzchen´s dumb singing that no one knows his name...

Yes, people. Do not let me roam around looking for art supplies by myself!
If you made it till the end of this horribly set-together of stamps... thank you. Or... sorry?

I certianly had a lot of Schnapps putting this together - haha, kidding!!! I had Schnapps once. Once. Was enough! I was 22 years old and asked Ingo to stop the bed turning round and round (no kidding!!!) I had a...



And that qualifies for Elizabeth and Bleubeard´s "T Stands For Tuesday", right?

Who... HAPPY T-DAY-BIRTHDAY! Seven years, respect and THANK YOU, this is FUN!. No intention to scream, but... it is fun and I slowly turn back to art and learn a lot from you all!

Hungry, too now? Birthday cake?

Hay, anyone?

OK, I had...



Henry? Too ashamed to turn up.

But someone else does!!!

(P.S. Does the font work for you? It´s "Balthazar"... My old HUAWEI gives Arial...)



Braunschweig bag and Perth-Shirt, what more to wish for?

Oh, and. My red lady is ohhh-ing and ahhh-ing all over your art theme that it´s hot.
She freezes her butt off but she wants to say hi, so... "hi!"



26 comments:

Ella said...

What a beautiful story, Iris! I was like a small child who enjoyed the "Butterfly"!
What a coincidence ... I wrote to you in the last comment of "butterfly"! But I'm not that beautiful! LOL
Braunschweig bag and Perth shirt ... that's typical Iris ... and Balthazar ... is a treasure!
I apologize again for not visiting you on the blog yesterday!
Wishing you a hot, hot day! Let's party!
A very BIG HUG to you! xoxo

Iris Flavia said...

Cio-Cio-San, I really regret now that I refused to visit Madame Butterfly with my Dad! Don´t say you´re not that beautiful, though! And no apologies, this is supposed to be FUN!
Haha, the red lady (I write it like that on purpose though, eeek, earworm is already there, brrr), she still thinks 18C is inappropriate for July!
Let´s just throw a HOT party, and little BIG hugs from Elephant to Butterfly.
Please land on my trunk. xoxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an adorable story, Iris. I think it's clever and fun. Loved your coloring, too. So clever with the butterfly and the happy horse.

I've never had schnapps, but I'm not a drinker. I believe that's how I'd feel if I had schnapps, too. The room, the bed, and the toilet would be spinning. Thanks for sharing yours, though and thanks for the story, the goulash, the HOT lady, and the schnapps you shared for T this Tuesday, Iris. Yes, your lady IS HOT!

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy T Day! Valerie

Tom said...

...I grew up in the period that of Scott McKenzie's going to San Francisco, they were magical times.

Iris Flavia said...

Elizabeth, if I remember right Ingo brought me a bucket.
No more Schnapps!!!!
But I want HOT!

____

Valerie, a nice T-day to you, too.

____

Tom, YES (well, not me, but who does not feel that music and I wore those trousers, too, even again in my late 20´s :-)

Anonymous said...

Very fun post Iris Hugs and Happy T Kathy

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you Kathy, happy T-day amd hugs

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Your story was an absolute delight Iris, the drawings so fun. I might have to read it to my grandchildren when we Skype at the weekend. Did you ever seriously consider writing children's books.. just a thought 💜

Jeanie said...

Well, I think the fairy tale is delightful. (I especially liked "what is a unicorn without a cat?" Lizzie would agree!

Meggymay said...

A lovely story and illustration pages.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Linda Kunsman said...

what a super story and accompanying illustrations Iris!! I thought you drew them- didn't realize they were stamps:)
Your ragout sounds yummy- I love any kind of mushrooms. Happy T day!

gigi-hawaii said...

Cute story! Loved the drawings, too.

CJ Kennedy said...

Loved the little drawings to go with your fairytale. I read the Froschkonig (I think the second o is supposed to have an umlaut?) Anywho the Little Princess threw the frog against the wall (ouch!) and he turned into a prince. No Henry today? Or did he turn into a flamingo after too much schnapps? 😺 Take care and Happy T Day

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely little fairy tale, Iris. And I love your illustrations too.

Re the font. The font is fine. It's nice and clean. The font size on the top is bit too large and the font size on the bottom is a bit small (at last for my old eyes ;-).

Mielebaer is darling. I'm guessing his name means Honeybear - very cute.

I'm very happy you joined our little group.

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Stevenson said...

Iris, of course you did these Illustrations right? They are so beautiful! I can't just use the word cute because it deserves the word beautiful because I really am amazed at how you used colors on every figure. My favorite was the horse! It's just so beautiful! Thank you for sharing this story to us and that goulash looks so yummy!

Bill said...

Iris, you got talent, yessiree! I enjoyed your little story with the drawings. A happy smile to you, have a nice evening.

The Happy Whisk said...

I love stories with drawings and I did make it to the end. NOT SORRY! It was wonderful. Keep the posts and art, coming.

Kate Yetter said...

What a fun way to tell a story. I love your drawings.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Let's Art Journal said...

Loved the story and your illustration - beautiful 😀. I'd love to try that pink grapefruit Flamingo drink too, it sounds very refreshing! That's such a lovely photo of you too, Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

peppylady (Dora) said...

Red lady sure don't look like she freezing. Those drawing are simple put nice.

Iris Flavia said...

Grace, oh, please, do not! Your Grandkids will fall asleep instantly - so, yes, I should write such books, so you have them quiet in bed in no time!! ;-)

____

Jeanie, hi to Lizzie, sorry, if she wants a unicorn now!

____

Yvonne, thank you and belated happy T-day xx

____

Linda, I learned this all from YOU ARTY GUYS :-) The arty stuff, the cooking I still struggle with ;-)

____

gigi, that was easy. Take a stamp, boom, some color, water and there you go :-)

____

CJ, yes, an Umlaut, how do you know that wörd. (Sorry, had to. We pronounce it like that, right? "ö".)
Henry just thought the story is crap and did not want to show up. Reckon after 25+ years the Schnapps is out of my body?

____

Eileen, not sure if you really got the font I see?
Miele. O>h, sorry to disappoint you - post to come!
But he is a fluffy darling for sure!!! And we send hugs!

____

Dear Stevenson, hmmm we have a German word, Jain. ("Ja" and "Nein" combined).
Those are stamps I used and then I used watercolors (and water).
I´d need to re-learn to draw!
The goulash was by Ingo, you "have to" ask him! But he´d surely cook it for you!

____

Bill, thank you, the stamps spoke!

____

Happy Whisk, thank you. Challenge here now!!!
But. Thank you!

____

Kate, thank you, was really stamps telling the story!

____

Jo, the drink looks yummier than it is! If yummy as it looks I´d offer to send one over, but, naaaaah... "Honest" hugs (as in don´t go for Flamingos, and otherwise also! Honest,I mean)

____

Dora, she still happily is in the 50´s, I reckon, maybe it was warmer back then!

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I love that story Iris! Love it. So sorry I am late for T. New antihistamines made me sleepy. But I guess I needed a good night's sleep. I like that photo of you. It is a good one. Especially with mielebaer in your bag. And I would drink the acao with the flamingo just because of the flamingo. Hope all is staying well. and Hope it is a happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Lisca said...

Of course I read the story to the end! It is beautiful, quirky and fun. And the stamps are gorgeous.
Your mushroom pasta looks yummy. And what a great photo of you and Mielebear is great. Perth and Braunschweig, the story of your life.
That pink grapefruit drink sounds like a good idea. Schnapps is not so tasty. I have had it a couple of times but it's not nice.
Happy (belated) T-Day,
Lisca

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely illustrated story. And nice set of photos. Happy belated T-Day!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm smiling now ( I was in a grump with new blogger!) I love your story and those fabulous characters got a happy ending after all! Oh your meal looks delicious and if Schnapps does that to a person I will pass on the drink you are sharing! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx