Sunday, January 21, 2024

I Bought A WalkingPad

 
I thought weeks and weeks and weeks about buying the Halfbike. Weeks, actually over a month.
Do I really, really need this?

I did and due to the weather I cannot try!!!!!
Ingo did a great job assembling it!!! With my help.

But. 
WalkingPad. I thought say 30 minutes and ordered.
 
 
I usually wear no-name shoes, these were reduced.
We don´t go out for eating/pub/cinema, we don´t spend much money.
 
Our condo is small, and, believe me, growing big is no option if you want to use the toilet 😉But it´s ours as in we own it, no rent to pay etc, etc. 
I throw no food away, we stop the water when shampooning our hair and so on.
I wear three layers of clothes right now!

Do I have to feel guilty buying something for myself?

I do feel guilty. And kinda a bit happy.
I get bored easily, so watching a movie is no option anymore (just like my big Niece (13 years old), she reads books watching TV she told me on Friday!).
Me surfing on one monitor, TV on the other.
Now I can walk and watch!

Ingo would get mad if I said this - he would say:
You are  not to explain yourself if you want something!!
But my Mom´s upbringing sticks. Child of war etc and now we see Ukraine next door and I... selfish? But I work for this.

THEN. 5-7 workdays till delivery via ups.
Status "labeled" for more than two weeks - we leave end of January!!!
Contacted them 3 times - no answer. No phone number. Was I hoaxed???
Found an address in Denmark - there was a guy who helped and BOOM - thing was on the way.

Delivery: Tuesday. The day FOR ONCE I am not home but at ESE for a present-seminar.

ups. Change delivery-date. 
Works only once you received something from them before - how dumb is that.

Sunday: E-mail: seminar cancelled due to sickness. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!
All the last fuss for nothing, BUT! Without the guy from Denmark... I think my order got lost and why the heck no German answer on e-mails and no German phone number??

MONDAY it arrived, carried in by TWO men!!! Weight: 30kg - I didn´t expect that. Anyhows. A crate of Märzen (Braunschweig-beer) stood right there as in Ingo´s car it would freeze.

Both men unisono: "YUM!" 🤣
Ingo said I should´ve offered them... but they were at work and it was not even lunch-time.

I used the app. Had to put in my birth date. By golly, how frustrating! I scrolled and scrolled and scrolled... told my T, he said he sometimes is afraid his year is not available anymore (he is Ingo´s age).
Bummer. 
 

I have soon only 8 years to use it as recommended till age 60 only! (What nonsense)
The thing is fun - I get bored of "The D", but will will keep that going, too.
I sit on my butt 8+ hours every working day and my back complains big!

A-haand!! I managed to unpack this monster on my own! Weeee 30kg is quite some weight, this was a workout by itself! (I weigh in "only" nearly double, 57, I think). 
It reminded me of the packing of the advent-calendars, LOL, it stuck in there like hell!

But I managed and it is FUN!
If you like to do something whilst watching or reading, get yourself a WalkingPad - not needed, flip over and roll it in the corner. 
This is NO AD, I do NOT get payed for writing this, I just want to share the good´n fun!

Henry 🦁
 

 It´s fun.
 


17 comments:

Bertiebo said...

Well Iris, I think you're right and it seems like a great investment. Enjoy and stop feeling guilty!

Amypie71 said...

I hope you get better quick, sadly there are so many winter bugs and flus going around.

River said...

It looks like a good purchase and reminds me of the walking pads some people have to walk their dgs on when they can't get outside maybe because of snow or some other reason. But why should dogs get all the fun? People can use these too!
I used to weigh 57kg, now am 78 since retiring I did not move enough, but am trying to do better now, last year I was 83kg!

Iris Flavia said...

Bertiebo, thank you, yes, I stopped feeling guilty :-)

____

Amy, yes, well Tomorrow and Wednesday I have to walk 40 minutes one way to my company, argh! Meet people, argh! Hope I don´t catch any bug!

____

River, wow, you are honest, LOL! And you did well losing so much again! Here, no matter what I do 57 sticks. But then, I refuse to give up the yummy things in life!!!
Weee. I always thought dogs on those walking pads are a fake!!! Weird.

Tom said...

...money spent on improving your health is money well spent. By the way, I love your white and orange chair and the rug!

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, yes, I think so, too.
The chair is an original!!!! I found it in the street when I wanted to go buy Ingo´s bread.
Someone put it in the street, can you believe that???
I would´ve payed quite some money!

My name is Erika. said...

I'm the same way buying lots of things. Do I need it? Maybe it's a girl thing. But I love your walking pad. Did I mention before that I would like one to walk on. Especially now when we have ice out there. Have fun. And enjoy it! hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Erika, it wasn´t that expensive, go for it!!! I think it´s an American company, so it might be even cheaper for you!
Do! Hugs!

RedPat said...

Looks like a good idea to me, Iris. There is no motor on it? It just turns and you set the pace with no bells and whistles? It looks like it doesn't even need electricity.

Christine said...

So glad you made these purchases it is for health!

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat it has a motor and a remote :-) What I like about it is that you can easily store it away on wheels and half size :-)

____

Christine, so YES!

DVArtist said...

Stope feeling guilty about buying something for yourself. You deserve a walking pad, which is so cool and so is the bike. Life is short and we should enjoy as much as we can. You are amazing. Have a great day today.

CJ Kennedy said...

Don't feel guilty. I had a treadmill and after a short use, it became a clothes rack 🤣 It's gone now. I like the idea of the walking pad. Nothing to hang a coat or pants on. Have fun!

Iris Flavia said...

Nicole, you are so right! Have a great day, too!!

___

CJ, LOL, guess what´s on my boy´s bike! Today I´ll walk for real, though. Through storm and if unlucky also rain...

Jeanie said...

I have never seen a walking pad. I could use one of those. It's not very big, which is really pretty cool. A treadmill is so large.

Never feel guilty about buying something for yourself -- especially when you don't do it all the time. We deserve to do that, to treat ourselves.

Granny Sue said...

Any investment in being healthy and active is a good one. What a hoirney to get it though! Your condo looks so bright and colorful...and I cannot believe you are leaving in a week! Cannot wait for those pictures!

Iris Flavia said...

Jeanie, there is one with a holding stick I haven´t seen - take that! And, yes... I do not do that all the time... ;-)

____

Sue, yes... I actually think you are right. Oh, you can find many pics - just click on the label Perth or Australian Journey :-)