Monday, January 29, 2024

The Genius #6

 
Scene in the next room, here are the details:
 
 
And certainly this famous in three pieces:
 
 
To the "Flower Thrower" the app says: "The Flower Thrower, probably Banksy’s most famous painting, combines two of his most popular themes: Street fighting and peace. The motif was originally created in 2005 on a West Bank border wall in Jerusalem. Instead of a Molotov cocktail, an activist surprisingly throws a bouquet of flowers at the rioters – a peaceful weapon of hippie culture and a sign of love in the midst of violence. 
 
A plea for peaceful change in the world, which, however, also makes us realise that protests against capitalism or a military regime are just as pointless as throwing a bouquet of flowers against a wall. 
 
In this three-part painting, Banksy experiments with a new technique for making prints – he sprays the stencil onto a developing film and exposes the result directly onto a screen print. In this way, a very accurate analogue representation is created. The set could be bought in his online shop Gross Domestic Product™ and was sold out completely in no time."
 
 
 
 Henry 🦁...
 
 

To peace...
We´re on the way to Frankfurt via FlixBus soon and Tuesday off to Perth.
Good bye cold, grey, stormy, nasty weather!
To warmth, sun, friends and .... I bet Perth has changed so much in these 5 years.... we will feel like coming to a new city altogether!
 

 
 

13 comments:

magiceye said...

Henry looks so cute!

Happy Aussie holidays!

Tom said...

...safe travels to you both!

Mae Travels said...

Have a fabulous trip!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your travels-sounds fun My new computer is working now-so nice to see photos again-

peppylady (Dora) said...

I really like flowers with Henry the lion.

Bertiebo said...

That's right: genius!

River said...

I like the flower thrower "trilogy", I know there is another name ofr it but I can't remember right now. Ah! Yes, Tryptich, I think is the word. Henry looks lovely.
I wish I could play piano, but sadly I can only play in my mind.

Iris Flavia said...

magiceye, thank you, for both!

____

Tom, thank you

____

Mae, bet we will :-)

____

Kathy, yay for a new computer

____++Dora, thank you!

____

Bertiebo, genius!

____

River, Tryptich sounds good! I could play the piano. A Steinweg even! Sad I gave up...

Sami said...

I like the flower thrower.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Iris.
Have a good flight :)

RedPat said...

Bon voyage, Iris!

The Padre said...

Travel On You Two Kids - Sending Positive Vibes

Cheers

gigi-hawaii said...

I like the idea of throwing flowers instead of bombs. Peace at all cost. To Perth! I hear you, Iris.

dee Nambiar said...

Flower Thrower looks great. That's interesting idea behind the artwork!
And the flower wearer looks gorgeous! :)

So, the next mural's going to be from Perth? Have a great trip!