The other day I was in the city and it started to rain - despite I had a brolly with me!
Isn´t the light on this house so beautiful?
"The house at Kohlmarkt 1 was mentioned as early as 1268 as a stone house and the surviving inventory shows a Renaissance gable from around 1590." (source)
This "trasher" took care the book stays dry.
I hope that coward neighbor moves away soon.
Or I have to give all I want to give away for free to fK and she puts it in her street more far away - the people appreciate this - but then I let the coward here win, huh?
I think by now she got it that I´m a pluviophile - when my seminar and her workday were done it was raining - she looked me in the eye ... and knew... I´ll enjoy to walk!
"A rain lover, also known as a pluviophile, is someone who finds joy, peace, and comfort in rainy days." (source)
Still on the way to ESE, it had stopped raining...
How about you, yay or nay to rainy days?
Henry 🦁:
Yes, Henry... let´s find the beauty in sun AND rain.








10 comments:
Love the Henryphoto!
...I love a rainy day. This morning I have barns in the rain. Henry looks spectacular.
Thanks for the vocabulary lesson. Haha. As for me, I prefer sunny days.
Bettie, Henry says thank you!
____
Tom. Henry sits in front of the Tourist -info - just visit us!
____
gigi, I love sun and rain :-)
I prefer bright days. Rainy days get me down.
We always put "trash" out in front of the house for someone to take, if we can't use or don't want. Last week, I put out a portable AC/heat unit (think the size of R2D2), with in an hour, someone had taken it. It still worked. We weren't using it. I would have hated to have it hauled to the dump. Not a fan of rainy days. I don't function well without sunshine. The architecture on that house is amazing. I wonder how much renovation it's gone through to keep up with centuries of building codes. No rain here today. Enjoy the weekend.
It's interesting how the Low Carb Diabetic's blog was all about how good it is for you to walk in the rain. And that's a cool old building in the first photo. I hope other than the rain and cool weather you still had a great weekend. hugs-Erika
Another pluviophile here! I find rainy days restful, time to snug up inside.
Lots of good images here Iris. Especially love Henry!
I love the Kohlmarkt building and the rainbow Henry.
I used to love rainy days and walking home in the rain, but these days I prefer to stay inside and just watch the rain through the window. I'm feeling the cold more than I used to, maybe I am losing some body fat, which would be a good thing.
RedPat, I like both - I "just" hate winter....
____
CJ, R2D2 sure is proud to be a reference!
Yes, great WWII didn´t destroy this house. Most of Braunschweig was "done", some lucky ones survived! Amd needed refreshment often, I think...
____
Erika, we are a community :-)
We went to the city and I had something from Haiti to eat!
____
Sue, HELLO! To rain! And Henry says thank you!
Post a Comment