For part #1 with explanation see here.
"The tattoo craze
Piercings, tattoos - you'd never guess we were talking about the 19th century.But don't be fooled by these prudish and proper ladies and gentlemen. Tattoos were quite trendy throughout the Victorian era, especially among the nobility and royals. Although Queen Elizabeth and the gang aren't tattooed today, they thought a little differently back then.
Piercings, tattoos - you'd never guess we were talking about the 19th century.But don't be fooled by these prudish and proper ladies and gentlemen. Tattoos were quite trendy throughout the Victorian era, especially among the nobility and royals. Although Queen Elizabeth and the gang aren't tattooed today, they thought a little differently back then.
It all began when Queen Victoria's son, the Prince of Wales, visited Jerusalem and discovered the ink trend on his travels. He liked it so much that he decided to get one for himself. His return started a trend.If the Prince of Wales had Instagram, he would be a real social media influencer."
I really get kinda sick when I read the word "influencer".... Well, I am old ;-)
This was the last part... but I have more!

8 comments:
...I will NEVER understand this!!!
I'm with Tom. No tattoos for me. Waste of money, I think.
No to influencers... make up your own mind, I´d say.
No tattoos for me! But an interesting story. Thanks Iris!
Looks like a freak show to me, but then I'm a just say no person when it comes to that!
I don't mind tattoos, though I don't have any myself. Three od my children have them and some of the grandchildren. They do cost an awful lot of money though. And I wonder how they will look when the persons are old and wrinkled and saggy.
I've been thinking about doing some inks on self. But the ones on face and neck it not for me.
Bertiebo, yes, I never thought of people like that for tottoos!
___
Jeanie, it is a freak show if they have no meaning...
____
River, I saw old, wrinkled guys with tattoos. Actually they showed that growing old is a happy thing! That, or die... I want to chose "that".
And I have not without a meaning, I think that is the important thing.
That man shown has them just to show off, it seems. Not a fan of that.
To expensive: I am always astonished how many people are tattooed in Perth. I think compared to ciggies it is not that expensive?
My last one I got 50 bucks off :-)
____
Dora, eww, never on face and neck - and a meaning is important!
_____
Post a Comment