Friday, March 27, 2020

Chic And Cute



Saw this lady in red the other day, cool outfit, no? I wonder if it was her this gentleman was waiting for?

Instead of a thick jacket I´d prefer this!



I´d so like to see the ocean...



At least there are flowers now...



And despite the cold, 4C at daytime, the trees have enough of it, they start blooming!



We´re both still coughing, so Ingo asked me to take my temperature as at first I was hot, then icy cold. 38,5C. Later it went down to 37,5C. Better, but not good.
Ingo takes the thermometer to work.
So I went to our lille pharmacy nearby to get one.

And take "one" literally - it was the last one and instead of a serious face the lady,, who knows me since years, grinned and ran, came back with a smile.

I got this! A kid´s thermometer :-)



I just feel sad and bad that maybe now a mother might need a thermometer...
Crazy times. There was a sign on the door: no masks or sanatizer available.
I had to give the pin to pay... no sanatizer.
Wash hands, wash hands, wash hands (temp down to 36,1C at daytime).
Ingo checked back with his thermometer. Like the ear specialist he said, "you have small ear canals" and put off the adult part.
Just like my Dad used to when I was 20+. Seesh.



This 2cent-coin became a fish, actually a museum for kids, the Oceanis in Wilhelmshaven, but sure we went a couple of years ago.



Lion of the day, a pharmacy, certainly (I went to our lille Gauß-one, named after certainly Carl Friedrich, the mathematician and physicist.



Thanks again, Valerie!

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Ich hoffe das ihr bald wieder besser fühlt, ohne Fieber, Husten Schnupfen etc. Seltsam meine Apotheke hier zusehen, ich bin seit eine Woche nicht mehr vorbeigegangen. Pass auf dich auf! GlG, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Ja, ich hoffe, das ist wirklich bloss ne Erkäktung....
Immerhin kann deine Apotheke dich von hier grüßen, ich hoffe, dir fällt nicht schon die Decke auf den Kopf... Auf dass der Spuk nun wirklich mal bald vorbei ist! - GlG, Iris

Tom said...

...keep washing and washing and washing!!!

Iris Flavia said...

Yep. That´s all we can do...

At Home In New Zealand said...

A bad dry cough and a high temperature are two classic symptoms of Covid-19, so now I am worried for you. Are you able to have testing anywhere? We are told that most people only get it mildly and soon recover, and you may be one of those. But I hope it is just a bad cold. Take care, dear Iris. Mxx

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Do you feel sick Iris or is it just cough? I have that pesky cough back also but it comes and goes for the past four years so I know it's not too serious.. I hope 😉

Lisca said...

I'm sorry you are still having a cough and then the fever. Not nice. But I bet the frog thermometer cheered you up. I made me smile.
I do like those 'bathing beauties'. Makes me wish for summer.
The lion pharmacy! You find lions everywhere! (Even in Düsseldorf).
Stay safe, take care and keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca
PS the mask is from my husband's work things. He wears them against the dust. He has a pack of ten in his kit.

Iris Flavia said...

Margaret, the temp is down a bit and the coughing gets milder, too, but it sure is scary.
Here you need to "qualify" to get tested and I do not. I hope it´s just a cough, though I had never one in March!!
Let´s hope for the best and let´s stay safe, thank you, dear M, Ixx
____

Grace, I feel weak, too, but the temp seems to go down and the coughing less.
If it were shitty times we had at least enough paper ;-)
____

Lisca, yes, it even made the staff at the pharmacy smile :-)
I managed to not buy those bathing ladies... was tough (but Ingo does not need to know this, otherwise he goes and buys them for... oh, wait. Shops are closed!)
The Lion-pic was sent by Valerie, if you find one just send it over (flaviakaiser@gmx.de).
Oh, there you got the masks from, now that is luck, really!
To health and smiles, hugs from here :-)

Bill said...

Nice frog thermometer. Stay positive, keep your spirits up and wash your hands. Have a nice evening, Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Bill, and dito! To all 4 :-)

My name is Erika. said...

Hope the thermometer read normal. It is cute. But I bet all the mom's already have thermometers so don't feel bad. and the beach would be nice but right now all the beaches here are closed. They are worried about too many people too close together. Hope your have a nice start to your weekend. Hugs-Erika

River said...

I have never owned a thermometer, even when the kids were little, there is a big one in the back porch for measuring the daily temperature, but it isn't for personal use. I hope your cough goes away, and I agree with the others that because your cough is unusual for March, perhaps you do have a mild case of the virus. Maybe Ingo too, so he should stay home.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Not sure how I got so far behind, but I'm back playing catch up. Nice red outfit.

I'm really sorry you are sick. I also hope it's not COVID-19. That scares me to no end. My county has gone on lock down, so I won't be going anywhere till after the 24the of April. I'm surprised Merkel hasn't done more. I can only imagine what you would say to that (grin).

Stay safe, take your temp a lot AND wash your hands.

Iris Flavia said...

Erika, I think I might have a mild form, and if so, since two weeks, so reckon it will fade.
Our beaches are some 300+km away anyways, but we still can "roam free" (we don´t).
A nice weekend to you, Hugs, Iris

____

River, yes, reckon we have a mid form of it.
If Ingo stays home he looses his job and then we have two without a job. Better than the worst health case, so ... if it gets serious he will stay home!
:-) You are a tough Mum, you listened to your instincts and it worked. How dumb are we these days!

____

Elizabeth, yes, that woman looked so nice!!!

Yes, I do obelieve we have a mild form of that nasty thing.
Some parts of Germany have lock down. We not.
Merkel is a joke. Since some darn 16 years she is :-( She has to take no consequences, either, for what she is doing. (grin!!)

Let´s all stay safe and wash those hands!

Jeanie said...

I am so sorry you're not well. I am hoping it is not Covid 19 and if it is, that it is the mild kind and that you will stay in and as you said, wash, wash, wash. It can spread so easily.

We are locked down till April 30. Rick will shop for me. My doc told me I would probably be in beyond that time.

PLEASE, you two take care. You are valuable people and need to be well.

William Kendall said...

I hope you're feeling better soon.