Sunday, March 29, 2020
Love Makes you Strong
This is one of my fav movies and sadly I had to watch it by myself.
It´s about trust. Sticking together in a marriage, no matter what.
The main character is an 80+ man who wants to run a marathon. He won several in his youth.
His quote may cheer us all up (and how this girl looks longing for love like we all do, no?):
"The whole life is a marathon.
The first steps are easy.
You think nothing can stop you.
Then the pain sets in.
Your power fades.
You think you cannot go on no more. But you keep running.
Keep running.
Till you´re really exhausted.
And at the end... you win.
Count on that. (blinking eye)
Victory"
His wife has... well, what else. Cancer. But ...
She says life goes on, it goes on, always. "Who stops has lost".
"We are like the wind and the ocean. We arrive together, we go together."
"Only 2 km".. haha...
The voice of his now recently gone wife said, "Paulchen, I love you!" ...
And he makes it.
(Der liebste Mann der Welt ist weg)
 s>
>
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






22 comments:
Nice thought Iris. I have read through your posts for the past week. It is good to hear how things are going in your part of the world.
Yes, we must keep running and never give up on our dreams or our hopes. Even the impossible can become possible - very encouraging story. Thanks :)
Joan Elizabeth, sadly things are not well here, but thank you for visiting!
____
Margaret, yes, we must never stop, but sometimes, like now, it´s really hard...
I just read about this movie, it sounds very special and moving.
Here's hoping to a quick turnaround and a better future for our world!
Sami, yes, to both! Grey and ugly here today...
Such a motivating tale.
Stay safe and healthy.
Oh that sounds like an inspiring film Iris, definitely one to see with a supply of tissues though right?
...when you lose your sense of humor and loving feelings you know that the end is near! Stay strong.
Lovely post-hugs
Sounds like an uplifting film, I never heard of it.
Take care, hope you both are feeling better with the cough.
Sunny and blue today. I'm reading Who I Am by Pete Townshend of the Who. It's a good read so far.
I must look that movie up. We are old runners and runners past so will really relate to it.
Stay safe.
This sounds like such an inspiring, uplifting film. Life is indeed a marathon -- a wonderful metaphor.
Beautiful post, especially in the times we're living. I hope you and your family are fine.
Greetings from London.
Watching movies is a good way to keep from thinking about why we are staying in the house.
Be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com
magiceye, yes, it is. Sty safe.
____
Grace, yes, it´s quite a movie for tissues. And in your case, lots of times to hit the pause-button. Only subtitles avalable ;-)
____
Tom, wise words. To strength!
____
Kathy, I hope it made you smile. Hugs.
____
Bill, it´s a German film. Oh, Pete Towshend and The Whoo rings a very silent bell! Reckon I´m a tad too "young", but a good book is always a treat! Enjioy!
____
Jeanie, yes, and he really makes it through the marathon, too. Let´s take that as an example, right.
____
Cuban,, yes, I just needed to watch it again in these times. We are better, hope you are well, too!
____
Mae, true, too, it was such a warm, sunny day!
It actually sounds like a very, very sad tale/film, but one filled with hope. It's good that you are starting to feel better, too.
Elizabeth, guess I´m fit again. No marathon, but 6 km so far till lunch is a start, right?
MORE than right, Iris!
This does sound a most moving film.
All the best Jan
I would like to find that movie on Netflix .thank you for the link .... i read the Wiki article and how cool that an actor of that age (which is not much older than mine) received the acting award. ..... there is always hope! Be well and safe .
Trust. Love. Sticking together. Communication.
All wonderful things.
I'll have to look that one up.
Post a Comment