Sunday, March 08, 2020
To You
Happy "Birthday"
We owe you our lives.
You´d turn 82 today.
No.
I do not take Ingo´s car. I do not take tram and train.
I will not visit your grave. And Mum´s.
You are here. In my heart.
My last will is different from yours.
Burn. Hopefully not in hell ;-)
And put the ashes somewhere anonymous or, if Ingo wishes, he can take the ashes to Switzerland and let them make a diamond of it, but no one will ever have to feel bad about planting, bringing flowers, visiting a stone where my body once was. Time, money, or... feeling guilty.
You are in our kitchen, I see you (and Mum) every day.
Your Grandchildren - you were never able to meet - just walk by, but maybe they see you and just not ask?
Certainly hot milk with strawberry is always more important! The microwave is right beside you.
You are gone, but not forgotten.
P.S. That necklace I wear... your Son, my "Brüderchen", made it for me.
And, yes, he still calls me "Schwesterchen".
His Daughters believe you´re "up there in heaven".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



25 comments:
I never visit my parents graves but like you they live in my heart.
...a passing can be difficult to advise to. My sweetie has girlfriend for 54 years and my wife for 52.
Joan Elizabeth, glad to learn others do it the same!
____
Tom, it is very sad when people pass so darn young. I am sorry.
... I have no words for that! If a parents pass away is very difficult!
A little BIG hug for you! 🤗
Well, Ella, it´s been long ago. Dad passed 2002, Mum 2011.
And tonight? I dreamed of my Mum. The brain is a weird thing.
Thank you for that little BIG hug, I give it back to you!
I'm no where near where my grandparents (grands raised me from birth) are buried. Once a year I visit and place flowers on their graves. I'm sure your father is looking down on you today and smiling.
Thank you, Elizabeth. I hope he can smile.
Happy birthday in heaven to your Dad. A big hug Iris XX
Thank you, Sami. I think he just smiled big. XX
I forgot to say, Karina (my daughter) was also born on 8th March, she celebrates her 35th today.
Ohhh. happy Birthday to the woman who yelled "SH#T!!!" getting us from the train station, trying to turn on the left lights and got the wipers :-)
Happy Birthday to a Braunschweig girl who conqueered the world!
Still does!
Such a loving tribute.
Eine schöne Würdigung. Heute war ich mit Picasso im Museum. Dir einen schönen Tag, GlG, Valerie
CJ, thank you.
____
Valerie, da bräuchte ich mehr Infos oder ich denke an ... Wiederauferstehung!
I have never gone back to my dad's grave since he died in 2044 because it is just a place. It isn't him. But I do remember the day he died. I like that photo of you and Ingo though. Hugs-Erika
Erika. That is my Brother :-)
I´m with you on the track.
Love the photo of you and your brother Iris, so nice to have someone to share the memories of your parents with, that was a very lovely post 💙💛
A beautiful tribute, Iris.
Grief affects us in so many different ways.
Grace, thank you, yes, so glad to have my Brother! xox
____
Bill, thank you.
____
William, yes, crazy it does not get better.
I love this, Iris. Thinking lovely thoughts for you today as you remember.
My parents don't have graves to visit, both were cremated and had their ashes sprinkled into the ocean so they could float back to Germany.
It's nice that you still remember your Dad on his birthday.
Jeanie, thank you!
____
River, that is a nice thought, a nice way to go with your parents!
Yes, the "big Sister" always remembers and reminds the "little Brother", too ;-)
I love that your mom is still in the kitchen with you. That's how I feel about my grandma. She's still here with me and, even better, when I leave my kitchen and come back, I smell her foods. Which are now my foods.
Love that. Good post.
PS: Hi. I'm Ivy.
Post a Comment