Wednesday, June 09, 2021

In Sunshine Or Rain

 As I showed you in last post we visited the Jürgens Brewery last week and Ingo took these pics of the signs you find inside - you´re allowed to visit the loos there, of course, other... no sitting inside! Thank you, Corinna. Not. And don´t ask for logic...
 
You can "visit" the loo but don´t order inside, they have to come out and ask you.
 
Aussies will not understand, LOL -  it was always a drama.
*In Australia you have to get your drinks yourself.
We took turns, Ingo and I (so glad when friends were with us and took "my" job!)

My turn. I ask for two pints of some ale. 
They make it full to the brim - and there are stairs, huhhhh, clumsy-me. Took ages.
 
How my T laughed his head off when I came in like a snail with the tea he made me, but had to leave on the counter - FULL-est.
I´ll never be a waiter.


Not sure, is this a mural or a sign? There is a lot to read!
They welcome you and say if in sunshine or rain... come together for a good talk, the best beer you find here! And certainly also lemonade and water 😉
 
You can get a TASTING-Board with little glasses of the four common sorts and there is the "SONDER SUD!" with arrows that show  a blank space as they don´t know yet which will be brewed next - I so hope for their honey beer, it was so yummy! They grow their wheat next to a beekeeper, clever guys, aren´t they.

Henry 🦁


"I feel a little 'female' today and cannot decide for a drink."
Hey, Henry, females can decide on whatever!

This is for Tom´s signs 2.
 

 

22 comments:

Sami said...

Honey beer sounds interesting, might be sweeter too as I don't like the bitterness in beer. Certainly loads to read in the board.
I like the T-shirt, very cute.

Iris Flavia said...

Henry says thanks - a real Lion can be cute. You would love the Honey-Beer!
Maybe you all can come over when you visit your family in Cologne anyways. That would be fun!

River said...

I don't like beer, I'll have a coffee.

Bertiebo said...

I don't drink beer, but I like that shirt! And about Google translate, you're absolutely right!

Shari Burke said...

Glad you enjoyed the beer! Pubs and restaurants have opened up here for outdoor service now.

Iris Flavia said...

River, lemonade or water only ;-)

____

Bertiebo, it´s a pain and riddle with google translate! I sometimes sit here "puzzled"! LOL.

____

Shari, the deep garage is like outdoor. It´s a start. We get back to normal, yipeee.

Tom said...

...made by hand is a common saying here, but I think is a but strange. Perhaps it's better thank using your feet! Hi Henry and thanks Iris for stopping by.

Iris Flavia said...

Henry and I say thank you for hosting again :-)

William Kendall said...

That's a lot of info on that blackboard.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, keep sober to read all that ;-)

My name is Erika. said...

Love this sign. And the story of brewery. Here in the US it could either way-order and bring to your table or have someone come and take the order for you. I am a very slow walker too when I have beers in both hand. Who wants to waste beer?

Iris Flavia said...

Or tea, for that matter, LOL
Oh, let the normal times return. Or not? Here, in this place you always had it the Aussie way!

Jackie McGuinness said...

As of Friday we will be able to sit outside on a patio, also use the loo but no sitting inside.
I am already planning my first brewery outing next week!
Stores can open Friday at 15% capacity.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh I could never be a waiter either Iris I'm such a course, even more so these days, always dropping or knocking things over 😊 Honey beer, now that's different!

Iris Flavia said...

Jackie... looking forward to yours (stupid, same as here with indoor?!)

____

Grace 🤣 - welcome to the jungle... um team. Let´s stomp things down!
The beer was yummy, really! Wish I could invite you. We could also drive to Wolfenbüttel for a Jägermeister. Or buy one at our grocery ;-)

DVArtist said...

Ohhh the beer sounds good. Have a nice day today.

RedPat said...

Our patios open this weekend but we can go in to order and the waiter will deliver the order.

Jim said...

Great.

Bill said...

I'd need a beer just to read that blackboard. :)

dee Nambiar said...

Such a cute lighthouse; I don't think I've seen a green one. :)
It's finally getting warmer, eh? So happy for you.

Enjoy the lovely weather, Iris. :)

Jeanie said...

You call it a tasting board. Here they call it a "flight" and I really enjoy getting those sometimes -- more with wine than beer but but both is OK!

nwilliams6 said...

Honey beer sound awesome. Is it like Mead? That stuff is so good but kind of strong. Fun to visit the brewery and fun you got to go to Austraila before - it is on my list of places to visit one day. I could not be a waiter either - I would spill and drop everything!