Wednesday, May 18, 2022

The Star is from Ireland

 
Guest-post by Ingo:

To the meat we came like the virgin to the child: Short story->Supermarket once good, today ->Shit!!! Iris had the idea to go to the "We love food" people. Like at the office: take a number and wait your turn. I asked for beef and the seller: from which country? We have here Ireland, Argentina, etc.(They really love food).

 

Back home I went again to buy potatoes and beans from local production. (My supermarket, I know the staff and we like to have a nice chat).

 
 

 

 

Nothing to say about the preparation really, until the sauce:
I take shallots, pellet and cut them into small wedges.
Roast in the gravy and caramelize with a little sugar. Slowly liquefy with water and solidify with sauce binder if necessary. Voila!

 

 
And now for the beer: In the picture you can see the 4 brewmasters. Stefan, Paul, Felix and who rarely drinks with us;) We have here the opportunity every Thursday to make a brewery tour. ( This is now an insider tip and worth more than a city tour)
 
 
These people (can-will) make something of themselves. There were once a few musicians: Guitar player (John Deacon) Another guitar player(Brian May) and then a drummer (Roger Taylor).
The fourth, who was that? It's a kind of magic! 
Thanks for the guest contribution.
 
 

Henry 🦁


This is for Kathy´s Food Wednesdays, of course, thank you, Ingo.
Hmmm, was super-yummy.
For Tom´s see here, if you like.



18 comments:

River said...

Mmm, wedges, I haven't had any in such a long time. I like them with sour cream to dip into. The meat looks delicious. Nice to hear from Ingo now and again.

Iris Flavia said...

Those were the first wedges of my life! Crazy, huh - so yummy!

Anonymous said...

Tell Ingo I enjoyed his meal and recipe. That was interesting that the butcher asked which country he wanted the meat from-here we don't always know where our meat comes from unless we really search-when living rural mostly we can search for local but not always easy.
the wedges sound delicious Thanks you two for sharing with us on Food Wednesdays hugs

Anonymous said...

Oh and herbs de province is one of my favorite herb blends

Iris Flavia said...

Well, this is a very, very good butcher, I would say the best in Braunschweig :-)

My name is Erika. said...

Hi Ingo. Thanks for this guest post. Your steak and wedges look delicious. I haven't had steak for awhile and now I want a nice piece...yum. Glad to have you as a guest poster this week for Food Wednesday. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Yum! I agree with Henry. I want some, too!

jinxxxygirl said...

That looks really good Iris! You reminded me of those potatoes.. I need to make some wedges too .. its been awhile.. Happy Food Wednesday! Hugs! deb

Christine said...

Delicious food and drink today Iris! Reminds me I have some deli sliced corn beef in the fridge

Divers and Sundry said...

The potato wedges look tempting. Yes, please :)

Charlotte (MotherOwl) said...

Ohh potato wedges with Danish spices - Bo from Rødekro is known here as well. and Irish beef, I get hungry now. And I bet Henry ould have loved some as well-mostly beef ;)

DVArtist said...

Nice to see Ingo presenting a meal. I do like Herbes De Prevnce. I can't find it very often unless I go to a specialty shop, which is a long way from where I live. Have a great day Iris and Ingo.

RedPat said...

It sounds and looks delicious. Thanks Ingo!

Jeanie said...

That looks so good! And my favorite Herbs de Provence! The potatoes look great!

Rain said...

Hi Iris and Ingo! I can't stop looking at those potatoes! They look delicious! I have an idea to make Greek potatoes this coming week...maybe next week! I'm a potato lover. Oh every time I see someone cooking with an air frying I want to get one!!! ☺

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous looking meal! I don't eat many potatoes lately but I could be tempted with these. Have a good week, hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Ingo did a great job with the cooking. I love those herbs. It sounds like a great meal, except for the meat.

Iris Flavia said...

Erika, I told Ingo... argh. He was just exhausted, they have really hot temps at his workplace, no windows to open, no aircon...
Still not really an excuse to not answer. Hugs from me...

_____

CJ, sadly all gone already!

____

deb, they were the first wedges I ever had - they were yummy! Hugs

____

Christine, corn beef sounds interesting! Recipe to share?

____

Divers and Sundry, they were yummy!

____

Charlotte, I must admit, I had no idea Bo from Rødekro has a meaning!

____

Nicole, I got it from tiger, actually you find there toys. Art supplies, anything, a tempting store...

____

Redpat, it was truly yummy! In Ingo´s name I say: You´re welcome :-)

____

Jeanie, it was all so yummy!

____

Rain, they were soooo yummy!And the air fryer is really great, and was not even expensive!

____

Chris, I try to do low carb, but these potatoes were too yummy to skip! x

____

Elizabeth, I could not decide which to love most of this dish!