My entry-ticket for Elizabeth´s T... yum! Not too sweet.
And "art"-wise I can join AJJ as well:
... with pomegranate!
And the journal....
Monday: Work. DML (Master Document) broke down. No one could work. Deadline Dec 1st...
Meeting: "Can you share?" - yes, watch me working - I love hate that.
Knackered. Again. We run out of time. Translation company gave me crap I sent right back. How can you not see you did not translate the figures, how????
I have but a quick look and BOOM - I see that. Argh.
We´re all nervous to the brim. And cannot work. For once I really shut down after 8 working hours. And 1/2... we try our best!
Bakery (counts as sport), cleaning the condo a bit, sketching and that was it!
Think the darn tenant called (number unknown). I did not call back. It´s about money either of us has to pay and heck I called the company that.is.on.holiday! She lives 300 m apart and could just knock (for nothing (holiday)).
Tuesday: WOW. I learned SO much again!! Colleague A altered my Excel-file and taught me how he did it, too!!!
I think he is not even on the project, LOL! But he has fun taking a challenge!
Other things went not as good. A batch came back, customer says 80% not OK.
Reckon (it´s not my part) from the team that worked before on this and was no team at all...
I also had to send 3 documents back again, too, alas.
Yet I manage to keep it friendly. In all the chaos the manager of the translation company and I at times call each other Dr. Watson and Mrs Holmes.
Getting mean, does not help, right.
Training with D.
Later I went outside. A very unusual warm wind. If it wasn´t for dog-poo I´d asked Ingo for a walk in the pdark.
Wednesday: Chaos at work. Suddenly everybody realizes December 1st is but around the corner.
Endless meetings are cut to half (yipeee). 10 hours, writing down 8 again.
FUN: It rained!!! 🧡🧡🧡🌧🌨🌧 I heard it on the upside-down metal-bucket whilst working, soooo nice.
So strong for lunch break TV was gone.
And!!!! Hence I found a series on DVD of Gilmore Girls I´d bought and forgot to watch! I thought, what?! "NETFLIX"??? Fun times ahead (just started, short lunch-break).
Two sessions with D, some sketching.
Thursday: I´m concentrated at work... EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKK - BOOM-BOOM.-BOOM! SHOUTING!
I think we get new stairs to the cellar. Right beside my window.
2 sessions with D.
Friday: Oh, what a day. I learned so much new stuff again. From all sides they come and ask, too. And give feedback - we all learn from each other! 10 hours again - on a Friday.
I was knackered.
And Ingo wanted to go to the Jürgen´s Brewery with me. KNACKERED, TIRED - but!!!
Ingo was right!
Don´t sit in front of the private PC and "watch" TV, checking blogs on the other monitor - we put on warm clothes and marched to the brewery. Got some fresh air, had yummy beer, took a very cool one home (it´s more a wine even, cool cover).
As they have a food stall only Thursdays it was but a slice of bread at home, but that´s OK.
I had lasagna for brekkie and scrambled eggs with cheese for lunch 😁
Weekend:
Saturday: Wanted (and did) go to the market early, ripped the heavy door open and we both shrieked away. Neighbor from above stood outside, wanting to get in.
It was so cold we could see our breaths, yet we talked half an hour on the street and she was only wearing a sweater!
We found out we both love the Outback and offroad driving in the loneliness.
Ingo and I in Australia, she and her Hubby in Iceland & Co.
Totally different styles but we shared some adventures. I know her Hubby´s name she knows mine but neither admitted we don´t know each other´s.
Woah!
She is but two years older than me, but, oh. I thought she is way older than Ingo.
Genes, huh. She lives a healthy life, too.
Ingo made cordon bleu as schnitzel, LOL! Pic to come.
Food-wise:
I eat up what I find in the freezer...
Henry 🦁











33 comments:
Another busy week for you, I don't think I have seen sugar free vanilla coke will look for that. Always enjoy your sketches and love your journal page too for AJJ and Henry hugs from the lake and Happy T
Kathy, thank you, yes, the coke was really yummy! And the other sketch was done on a hot summer´s day, soooo nice to sit outside...
Hugs from here to your beautiful lake!
Wow, your week sounds chaotic but I think you ended it perfectly with a trip out to the Brewery! A good walk to clear away the stresses and strains of the week with a beer, sounds good to me 😊. Henry's got the right idea too with cuddles! Your strawberry artwork is fabulous as as your pages! I hope this week is proving to be a better one. Take care and Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x
Jo, thank you :-)
So far this week runs as last one.... chaotic to the brim.
That´s life, huh, hugs x
Who said "Work is the curse of the drinking classes" ?
Your description of a day slaving away at frustrating software and then going for beer made me think of it.
OK I looked it up, it seems to be Oscar Wild.
Good luck with the work (and the beer).
best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com
It´s a nice way of slaving through, though, all good :-)
Yes to the beer!
...I marvel at your journal pages, I would know where to start.
I loved seeing your sketches and page for AJJ, Iris! The strawberry with the pomegranate does look sound yummy!!! Hope this week is better!!! Hugs, Sharon
It sounds like a full and busy week. I'm glad you were able to end the work week with a trip to the pub. Sometimes getting out of the house is the best possible thing!
Nice week Iris. I am a diet-coke (coke light) fan myself. Not that I drink too much of it but when I want some, it is my choice. I don't know if I've ever tried vanilla coke before. Great journal pages, and thanks for linking up to Elizabeth's challenge at AJJ also. I'm glad you are joining us. Hugs-Erika
OH and hope your T day is going well too.
I'm SO far behind trying to visit and having to find and send e-mails to those with embedded comments.
I LOVE your journal/calendar pages. You seem very stressed, though. Nice that you don't have so many meetings. Glad you enjoyed the pub, at least.
LOVED the strawberries. This was a wonderful entry for Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks for sharing.
I've never seen Coke look like that and never saw sugar free vanilla, either. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing your calendar, your AJJ entry, and your vanilla coke with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.
You are so busy. It is good that you went out to the brewery.
Vanilla coke I would like that very much. Wonderful journal pages. That chili looks so good. Have a great day today.
Love your art work!
Tom :-) It´s just quick scibbles o keep me sane.
____
Thank you Sharon. So far no such luck, still stressy, but, well, managable.
____
Jeanie, yes, Ingo knows what to do :-)
____
Erika, thank you, I join whenever I have something, but today was again a 10-hours day, gahhhhh ;-)
Hugs from here. Happy 10 Ts ;-)
____
Dear host, blogger sucks! What else to add to that ;-)
Thank you, it is always fun to join you :-)
Reckon the stress-level will go up till Dec 1st...
____
ReDpat, yes, it was a welcomed treat!
____
Nicole, thank you and yes, all was yummy!
____
magiceye, thank you :-)
Your week is always so busy and stressful. I don't miss the corporate world. If you work 10 hours, why don't you put down you worked 10 hours? Our week turned cold. Maybe a dusting of snow tonight. I'm making chili for supper tonight and a vanilla coke sounds good. Happy T Day
CJ, I am not allowed 10 hours... but be less stress I write down 8 and leave after 6 :-)
All good.
It´s compliacted as I am an external...
Brrr, snow already?!
That was the week that was! And you learnt so much too.
Nice to meet a likeminded couple even though you don’t know her name…
Happy T Day,
Hugs,
Lisca
Yes, a bit kindergarten none of us braved up to ask for the name!
We ran into each other so often and had a lille chat... At some point it seems to late and I found no "elegant" way...
Your journal is looking good. Iceland sounds good too, always wanted to visit it.
Way too cold for me, Bill, waaay too cold ;-)
(Thank you journal-wise, it´s soothing to make).
I like vanilla Coke, but never went for the zero brand.
Gr8 Post My Friend - Dig The Chill With Cheese For Sure - Sending Vibes
Cheers
Lovely sketches. Love that Elefant and the mouse.
I agree, cheese make everything better! I could eat cheese all day. The cordon bleu sounds delicious.
I am loving your journal this week but I especially love the fruit sketch at the top. Beautiful and so much detail, Iris.
Have a great week.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate
Wiiliam, common here :-)
____
Padre, thank you and yay for cheese-chili - cheers!
____
Haddock, Die Maus is a must every Sunday :-)
____
Kate, yes, cheese all day I could live with that!The fruit sketch also was from a drink-can. To a great day!
Getting mean definitely does NOT help! it's good that you can all laugh and learn from each other. Even one who isn't part of the team pitches in :)
Cheese really does make things better, so does leaving everything and going out for a beer and food.
I actually prefer the zero sugar coke myself, it's way less sweeter and it agrees with my keto diet.
Wieder eine sehr busy Woche für dich - wie lange kannst du das durchhalten? Ich habe mal in einer Firma gearbeitet, wo ich täglich zehn Stunden war, manchmal länger, dazu kam noch die Hin- und Rückfahrt. Kein Problem im Sommer, aber nicht so toll im Winter (war noch in Deutschland). Mein Chef war ein A... und nach 15 Monaten habe ich gekündigt. Die schlimmste Zeit in meinem Berufsleben. Aber so lange die Arbeit dir Spaß macht, kann man so was für eine gewisse Zeit durchstehen. Pass aber auf dich auf! Gute Idee von Ingo, zur Brauerei zu gehen anstatt zuhause zu sitzen.
I think your journal pages look good.
Yummy home-made chilli with cheese.
All the best Jan
River, yes to all of this you said!
It´s hard, though, this company gave me ...us! a very hard time today again...
____
Amy, yes, why add sugar if you don´t have to.
____
Carola, yupp, das hatte ich bei VW.. 10+ Stunden und 37 km hin und undnochmal rück. Plus Parkplatzsuche.
Jetzt hab ich ja nur 7 Schritte zu meinem Arbeitsplatz, alles gut.
Das Stressige ist, dass nach wie vor yo Vieles neu st! Und ich bin nicht mehr 20....
Aber die Chefs - und das team waren (meist) und sind super.
Ich schlafe mehr und mache auf jeden Fall Sport. Und 1. Dezember ist Stichta, danach wird es hoffentlich ruhiger.
____
Jan, it was super yummy :-) Especially on a cold day!
Oh Iris! You're working so hard- nearly half of the day can't be good! At least you are still learning new things. Vanilla coca cola sounds tasty- I'll look out for it! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx
Post a Comment