Saturday, March 11, 2023

Fruitable!!

 
 
With this I join the theme Go Green again.
 
 Oh, to hear that accent in video below again, thank you - even more homesick now!
(See, in international meetings we have French, Spanish and German dudes, DVDs come with American accent...  so this is special to me . 
"Time" and "thyme" alone can confuse people 🤣)

I forgot about the video to share but if you are into opinions like this...
 
IQ of our politicians...b...  Bananas!!!
 
1995 we were at Munro´s banana plantation near Carnarvon
 
But maybe I try to grow potatoes in a box? This is VERY interesting, thank you! 
Bourbon, LOL. I want a garden, but not in Antartica... The guy cracks me up! He is wonderful!

Turn on the Aussie-sound:

Done? How about this:

Fun song, is it! Or.. is it?
Ingo takes one banana to work each day. 
 
And you hear Kookaburras in the background of the survivor-video!!! 
 
 
My PC behind my back decided it wants an upgrade and Ingo´s scanner is not accepted anymore, hence I took but pics of the lille sketches... But the cam at least got the color white out pretty well, don´t you think?

In case you wanna enjoy the laughter, here goes:
 


 
Henry 🦁


Henry, I have a recipe with meat AND bananas, yummy.



17 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

I have a banana tree in my garden but grown in a pot. It fruited once and that's all. Thought I will keep the banana plant for its leaves. Banana Boat is a fun song. I am now more of fruit than meat because of my denture. Lol!

William Kendall said...

From time to time I'll have a banana.

Iris Flavia said...

Nancy, oh. Sad it had fruit only once!
Oh. I need to see my dentist... ahhhh...

___

William, they´re... too sweet for my liking mostly.

Tom said...

...this morning I am making banana pancakes!

Iris Flavia said...

Enjoy, Tom (too sweet for my liking... Ingo made pancakes last Saturday. bleh, too sweet ;-)...)

My name is Erika. said...

I want to go to Australia after reading your posts Iris. One of these days. Thank you again for sharing another page at TIOT. I am loving the banana flower. I saw banana flowers in Costa Rica and they are really interesting. Your kookaburra is beautiful too. Have a great Saturday Iris. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Erika, you really should go to Australia! It´s SO worth the journey.
Costa Rica sounds as interesting, though!
Ingo came home with something green today :-)

CJ Kennedy said...

The Banana Boat song is fun. Sometimes it's sung as audience participation during the breaks at sporting events. My friend, Kaz, when she came up over to visit in 2001, brought my girlies stuffed animals. A koala that played Waltzing Matilda when you squeezed his paw and a Kookaburra that laughed when you squeezed him. The Kookaburra was the Eldest's. She would go into the sunroom and tell jokes like a stand-up comedienne and then squeeze the kookaburra to laugh at her jokes. 😺

Bill said...

I have a banana a day.

Iris Flavia said...

CJ, that sounds like BIG fun!
Oh, Walzing Matilda... Hamelin Pool it was, a busload of tourists came in with that song blaring. The bus driver could no more and invited us to his brekkie whilst the tourists ran loose,
Fun times 😊

____

Bill, enjoy :-)
Usually too sweet for me. (Unless I add meat ;-)...)

Jeanie said...

I love the Banana Boat song. Your Kookabura is gorgeous. Well done!

RedPat said...

I really like your drawings today, Iris.

Viv said...

Thanks so much for sharing your fab journal page with us at Try it on Tuesday!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Nice sketches.
Coffee is on and stay safe

River said...

I love that growing video and wish I had that much space and decent soil to grow things. I used to have a big veg garden when I lived in a different suburb 30 years ago and now I wish I had stayed there. When I lived in QLD we had two clumps of banana plants in the yard and there were nests of snakes in them so we had to be careful when cutting the bunches of bananas. I hear kookaburras from my house a few times a year, sometimes I even see one or two.

Iris Flavia said...

Janie, thank you :-)

____

RedPat, it was fun to make them.

____

Viv, welcome and thank you for hosting!

____

Dora, thank you. Green is good!

____

River, ohhhh, that sounds so great - sad you had to move on.
Nice you hear the birds. And even see them.
I have three above my PC, painted by Wendy Binks. That´s all I have (and the internet!)

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful! Loving your drawing and those colourful leaves - perfect 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x