Bet you know Animal from the Muppet Show, with whom I join Eileen´s Saturday Critters.
"Animal's character can be summed up in five words: sex, sleep, food, drums, and pain. Animal's vocabulary is generally limited to guttural shouts and monosyllabic grunts, often repeating a few simple phrases, as well as his trademark gravelly laugh."
More on this tomorrow.
Today the weather is rather shit#y, cold and cloudy and yet - wish us luck!!! - we´ll be up to a real adventure this arvo!
Bro nearly fell off his chair when I said I am willing to pay €128 for a ride to Bad Harzburg (that´s not even 50 km) and back but just wait for pics and videos Ingo and I will take.
Ingo also couldn´t believe...
I called Little Niece for her Birthday. She´s 8 now, we chatted, then she asked if a want to speak "to your Brother"? What???? Where has the child gone???
Not "to my Dad", but this? It really took me a sec.
But then her big Sis at that age said "Ciao" on the phone! Huh? Been to Italy recently???
Kids are crazy, funny and amazing.
And then... Bro and I chatted. For 3 hours. Yes, you read that correct, three hours.
And he sure wants pics of our afternoon today.
Henry 🦁
Yes, you are, just in cute 🥰



17 comments:
Your brother is a friend!
Yes :-) So glad I have him!
Hello,
It was nice you could talk to your brother for 3 hours, your niece sounds cute. They grow up so fast. Love your critters, the lion photo is a favorite.
Good luck on your adventure, I hope the weather cooperates. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
I love the drawing. 3 hours! I don't really speak to my brother anymore. We have nothing in common!
Eileen, yes, if my phone hadn´t died... who knows, LOL!
Yupp, off in an hour and the Henries say (drumroll) thank you!
____
Jenn. Oh. This is sad with your Brother. Try again?
I would miss mine very much!
...I love your painting!
We don't have muppet show here but love your sketches!
Kids do have a way of surprising us with their choice of words, don't they? It's always fun and heartwarming to chat with them. And it seems like your chat with your brother was a meaningful and engaging one, lasting for three hours!
Hello :=) How lucky you are to have a brother. I'm an only child so I invented a brother for a while and would talk to him, but how I envy you for being able to talk on the phone to a .beloved real brother for so long.
Enjoy your weekend.
All the best
Sonjia
How can you not love Animal! I can see him banging on his drums in my head and hear his voice. I need to pull out the Muppet movie and watch it again. It's one of my favorites. Hugs-Erika
How lucky are you to have a brother that you like and can talk to for so long.
Enjoy your trip.
I'm the same, whenever we go anywhere I always take loads of photos. My brother and I don't talk alot but we do send the odd photo to each ther.
So nice to make the connection with your Brother. Have fun!
I like the animal sketch.
So good to have a long chat with your brother.
Enjoy your trip.
All the best Jan
Three hours? I can't even hold the phone to my ear that long, my ear gets hot and my arm begins to hurt after a few minutes, my brother can talk for a while but we never go past a half hour.
I love Animal, but he is a puppet, where does the sex come in? Is it assumed because many rock and roll bands used to have a sex, drugs and rock&roll lifestyle?
Tom, thank you - Animal grunts in delight!
____
magiceye, what? How? Thank you. If you can you should watch it some time.
____
Shiju, yes - I have no kids myself, so this always is a surprise!
Yes, Bro and I chatted about everything (and nothing, too!).
____
Sonjia, I was an only child for 5 1/2 years - I know what you mean! Awful, lonely times.
When I was with my kindy-friends... and had to leave... they simply played in with their Siblings.
Ingo was even older when his Brother was born.
My friend/colleague has twins - reckon that´s thge best. Boy and girl!
____
Erika, well - he was a bit frightening (I was maybe 4 years old and Dad faked there is only classical music!)
There is a movie on them? Enjoy, hugs!
____
RedPat, big YES to that!!! (the trip was rather... "aw, well).
____
Amy, and I miss photos! Rarely he sends me some.
____
CJ, yes, our parents sure would be happy we have this connection!
____
Jan, thank kyou, Animal was fun to sketch :-)
The trip... was LOUD... as Animal!
____
River, LOL, if my phone hadn´t given up it would´ve been longer!
My Brother can talk endlessly - but sometimes, like that day, also listened!
Sometimes I put the phone on speaker and lay it on the table - works perfectly!
LOL, Wiki came along with the "sex" - I was a 4-year-old and had different interests ;-)
Reckon your explanation is correct!
Just think of Punk bands like "The Sex Pistols" (or better don´t!)
As my Dad tried to shield me from modern music I chose that band - before I learned English... I will not check what I "heard"!
(Dad spoke no English at all and Mum just a bit, they were kids of war).
I had one nephew who loved reciting the relationships between family members, which I used to teach him and we both had fun. Nice that your niece is interested in grasping that.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Post a Comment