Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Magnifest 2016 Part III - Martin



Maybe you know Jägermeister is produced in Wolfenbüttel, 11 km from our doorstep, to be exact.

They certainly were there with a stand also and had a very cool "gadget".

Ingo asked where you can get it and alas!
We had to take these to get it!



I thought, oh, my, will we make it home?!

But actually that stuff is really mild!



Sunday we were to return, right - we still had two tokens for the carousel.

The weather was bad, but after a normal start of the day we took off.
Was it the weather, did Ingo forget to take his Coumadin?

They state Ingo still has pulmonary embolism, yet is to take this blood-thinning med - an alternative to Marcumar.
(We wait for another "specialist" to solve the "riddle".)

Suddenly Ingo got slower and slower, big drama was ahead.
We made it without docs/emergency, but let me tell you, having a man, once 20, now 26cm taller than me, trying to get home without incident... not an easy but very, very frightening experience.

He had to sit down twice, the second time I found a bench already taken, but the man made room.

It was Martin, we learned.
Martin works at Lebenshilfe Braunschweig, he is mentally... not really up to date, a bit slow, but manages a life more or less without help.

He talked and talked and asked and asked, oh, my, we sat over an hour with him.
Enough time to get Ingo strong enough again to make it home.

I said, "all the best, Martin!", when we finally left and he asked if we´ll meet again.
Well, we know "his bench" now, right?
He´s a year older than Ingo and I guess "we/Ingo being sick" made his day.
On a Sunday he can´t work, right.

I try desperately to see the positive, huh?
But what else can I do...

5 comments:

Sami said...

Hope Ingo is feeling better Iris. I was thinking that Martin would have helped you get Ingo home...at least you had some company to take your mind off the problem.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I just enjoyed your Magnifest series Iris, looks like you guys had a lot of fun.. right up until it was time to go. What a shame Ingo felt unwell at the end, maybe he did too much? He needs to rest up so he's fit for Perth 😃

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you two, Ingo is better and we did have fun :-) - we just don´t know what´s really going on, it´s frightening.
Flying "somewhere" is not a good idea, they say.

Revrunner said...

Stay away from the Jägermeister. Eat more vegetables. :-)

Iris Flavia said...

It was the meds, it´s frightening.
Took about two weeks with Marcumar also.