Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Shine Bright



Yes, we´re back at sculpture by the sea!
This is "SEQUINtial Reflections" by WA artist Denise Pepper. It´s made from aluminium, stainless steel and steel fixings.
It follows on from last year - which I certainly missed being in cold Germany - you (again) have the opportunity to explore the fascination for things all shiny and glittery.
I thought it´s fun to see through those two pieces in different angles, too.



This one isn´t mentioned in the leaflet. But look, a wee bit of sun creating a shadow.



Here you see "Rosati´s Butterfly" by Michael Le Grand who is not from France but from the Capital Territory.
I have to disappoint you by saying: There is no statement. Let your creativity run free.

Let´s stick to the color:



Japanese artist Takeshi Tababe presented "Locus of Time 18-1".
It circles. "Morning, Afternoon, Evening. Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. Time repeats.", but then again "time flies like an arrow".

Last one for today:



This is by Jim Flook from NSW.
In the near background you have the beautiful Indiana again.



I really do like the statement: "Contemplation of unfolding and unpredictable swerves of life´s complexities".

You can but agree to this, don´t you think?

9 comments:

Joan Elizabeth said...

"Look at the shadow". Would not have noticed but for you mentioning it ... and it is lovely.

Sami said...

My favourites of Sculpture by the Sea were Sequintial and Swerve.

Jeanie said...

I love every single one of these in this particular post, Iris. Especially the colorful ones, of course, but also the more stark ones. The lines are wonderful -- they really move the eye.

William Kendall said...

Locus of Time is my favourite.

peppylady (Dora) said...

First one reminds me of a doughnut with sprinkles and I hope it doesn't make me hungry.
Coffee is on

Iris Flavia said...

Joan Elizabeth, you made me smile :-)

Sami, yes, they are both beautiful.

Jeanie, this is really nice to read!

William, yes, despite of that funny name!

Dora, sorry ;-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Another super selection Iris, red was big here today 😉

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, Grace, you should pay us a visit!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do enjoy seeing the Sculpture by the Sea pictures.

All the best Jan